Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara: Modified Android L and Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and software enthusiasts. The … more
Post Reply

two different Xperia sp but same mac-adresse

1st July 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Hi guys,
my gf recently bought a Xperia SP and for an unknown reason my SP and her's have the same mac-adresse and because of that the same ip-adresse when connected to the same wifi
Both devices have Existenz 4.0 installed and bootloader unlocked (on 3.3 the issue was there too)
So two questions:
- Is it possible that I accidentaly changed the mac-adresse of one device?
- What to do now? Contact Sony or try to change it manually?

I'm really confused
1st July 2014, 07:00 AM   |  #2  
noahvt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 315
 
1,134 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rzombi3

Hi guys,
my gf recently bought a Xperia SP and for an unknown reason my SP and her's have the same mac-adresse and because of that the same ip-adresse when connected to the same wifi
Both devices have Existenz 4.0 installed and bootloader unlocked (on 3.3 the issue was there too)
So two questions:
- Is it possible that I accidentaly changed the mac-adresse of one device?
- What to do now? Contact Sony or try to change it manually?

I'm really confused

You can spoof your mac adress with apps but it would be best to bring both phones back to the store you bought it from and tell them whats wrong

Sent from my C5303 using XDA Free mobile app
1st July 2014, 08:29 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
thx for the fast answer
I contacted Sony support today but they only told me that this is only possible if I rooted my phone and because of that I get no support
So i repaired via Sony PC Companion and now my phone has a different mac-addresse^^
It seems that existenz is changing my mac-adresse
Guess I should post that in existenz discussion thread.
1st July 2014, 10:24 AM   |  #4  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
642 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rzombi3

thx for the fast answer
I contacted Sony support today but they only told me that this is only possible if I rooted my phone and because of that I get no support
So i repaired via Sony PC Companion and now my phone has a different mac-addresse^^
It seems that existenz is changing my mac-adresse
Guess I should post that in existenz discussion thread.

It's a ROM problem. Use Google or see the existenz discussion thread for solution
1st July 2014, 10:33 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
9 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanostray

It's a ROM problem. Use Google or see the existenz discussion thread for solution

Problem solved
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=496
1st July 2014, 10:51 AM   |  #6  
Nanostray's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 107
 
642 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rzombi3

Problem solved
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=496

Good job!
Last edited by Nanostray; 1st July 2014 at 12:00 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes