Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Display doesnt work but touch do!

Tip us?

AlfreedoS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question Display doesnt work but touch do!

Well, this is my first thread, if i got this in the wrong section, im really really sorry!

Like the title says, my display isnt working like it should, i can use the touch (even play music and stuff) but i cant see anything, do i need to buy a new display? If so, i searched for it and its selling like one piece, display and touch, and i dont know if im going to get scammed with the "repair" in a local store and just re-connect the display or something like that, i wanna know before i take the xperia to that place, a quick help guys!

And again, im really sorry if i screwed this forum with a misplaced thread

(It got wet, then i just left it in the car with a ziploc filled with rice for a week, and powered it on, everything works but the display the soul of the xperia :/ )

Thanks for reading!

daniel090588
Old
Thanks Meter 14
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776003

I had the same problem too bro, but let me tell you taht your display is fine donīt spend your money buying a new one, i tried mine with another cellphone i bought just like mine and the display was good then i send it to repair and the guy told me that one of the five cristals of que mother board that gives the video signal was burned and thatīs easy to fix but the problem is to find the spare, itīs a very tiny piece and the only solution i see is to find a damaged tx and take that cristal to repair mine, while that happens iīm using the one i bought is just the same and newer but i would like to repair the other one to sell it and recover some money you know.
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel090588 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlfreedoS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel090588 View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2776003

I had the same problem too bro, but let me tell you taht your display is fine donīt spend your money buying a new one, i tried mine with another cellphone i bought just like mine and the display was good then i send it to repair and the guy told me that one of the five cristals of que mother board that gives the video signal was burned and thatīs easy to fix but the problem is to find the spare, itīs a very tiny piece and the only solution i see is to find a damaged tx and take that cristal to repair mine, while that happens iīm using the one i bought is just the same and newer but i would like to repair the other one to sell it and recover some money you know.
So its a little piece from the motherboard?! ): i was thinking that only a display-related stuff, not a tiny cristal from the motherboard ): that means everythibg in my Xperia v is going to get lost? ): the store told me that the fix of a new display is $600 in my country, (like 45-50 usd) but i wanna open it by myself and rebuild it from scratch, the thing is that i dont know how and i dont have the tiny screwdrivers xD

So, your advice? Remember, its a xperia v (lt25i)

daniel090588
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfreedoS View Post
So its a little piece from the motherboard?! ): i was thinking that only a display-related stuff, not a tiny cristal from the motherboard ): that means everythibg in my Xperia v is going to get lost? ): the store told me that the fix of a new display is $600 in my country, (like 45-50 usd) but i wanna open it by myself and rebuild it from scratch, the thing is that i dont know how and i dont have the tiny screwdrivers xD

So, your advice? Remember, its a xperia v (lt25i)
Well you didnīt say that it was a v, but i guess that is the same problem but is wear cause v is water resistant unlike my tx, my advice y that you try out the display on another cellphone in my case the display wasnīt damaged so donītspend your money without knowing well whatīs wrong
The Following User Says Thank You to daniel090588 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlfreedoS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Xda members, please help! share your experience if you had a similar or the same problem with your xperia v, i wanna fix it, im using a crappy phone while the other one is in a necessary vacation

Help a bro, and a bro will help you too