Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,418 Members 47,946 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LT30p firmware on LT30at keeping LTE support

Tip us?

Spectre51
Old
(Last edited by Spectre51; 16th January 2013 at 06:32 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1,331

DONATE TO ME
Default LT30p firmware on LT30at keeping LTE support

Okay people now that I have been able to create a stock AT&T LT30at ftf file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byr...EZpSE16bWdKV1E I went ahead with testing if I could flash a generic LT30p firmware on my LT30at EXCLUDING the baseband so I could keep LTE.

I used the LT30p firmware version 7.0.A.3.195 generic and flashed it through flashtools wiping everything but excluding the baseband. By doing this I was able to keep LTE support and have a generic unbranded firmware. I then restored all my apps using the included backup & restore app ( I had manually installed it on the LT30at firmware previously)

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used. Also tethering works without issue. I did have to setup the AT&T LTE apn which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=4

Current Phones/Tablets:
Xperia Z2 // OnePlus One // Xperia Z Ultra // Lumia 1020 // Surface Pro
Accessories
Sony SmartBand // Sony Smart Wireless Headset pro MW1 // Smart Bluetooth Handset SBH52 // Z Ultra Power Cover CP12
Past Phones/Tablets:
iPhone 1st Gen/3GS/4S // Nexus One // Dell Streak // Atrix 4g // Lumia 900, 920 // Xperia Play, S, P, ion, TL, Z, Z1 // Xperia Tablet Z // iPad 1, 3

Click here for my Xperia firmware downloads.
Use the Thanks button if I helped.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrdommike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51 View Post

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used.
Is there any way to root then? According to Jozinek's method we have to unlock the bootloader and that's not possible with the TL.

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdommike View Post
Is there any way to root then? According to Jozinek's method we have to unlock the bootloader and that's not possible with the TL.
You can root officially via the sony official method. Then you can flash custom kernel.

How to get root on Xperia Z1 with KitKat 4.4.2, 4.4.3 & 4.4.4

If you are unsure, then read this.
If you are still unsure, watch this.

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[X10] | [NEO] | [Xperia T/TX] |
[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

mrdommike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
You can root officially via the sony official method. Then you can flash custom kernel.
I have an ATT xperia TL with a locked bootloader, don't think I'll be able to flash custom kernals

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdommike View Post
I have an ATT xperia TL with a locked bootloader, don't think I'll be able to flash custom kernals
Unlock the bootloader to flash custom kernels. Use this method from the official sony website, then flash the advanced stock kernel which has root.

This should work unless AT&T have done somethg nasty, in which case why do you bother with that provider, just change to another company

My contributions.
If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. Sir Isaac Newton

[Xperia Z1]
You are free to share my work, but please provide the correct credits and a link to my original thread.

Id Arcanum Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Unlock the bootloader to flash custom kernels. Use this method from the official sony website, then flash the advanced stock kernel which has root.

This should work unless AT&T have done somethg nasty, in which case why do you bother with that provider, just change to another company
ATT TL bootloader is locked as in not unlockable.

Sent from my Xperia T

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult View Post
ATT TL bootloader is locked as in not unlockable.

Sent from my Xperia T
Ouch, why would you get an AT&T phone then.....with no prospect of community unlock (Test point is not a viable method) then it seems unless you can get a dev to work on root you are stuck. And I think that will be a low priority for devs atm. As far as I know Bin4ryhas not worked on it since it came it...so you may be stuck with it.

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]

mrdommike
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Ouch, why would you get an AT&T phone then.....with no prospect of community unlock (Test point is not a viable method) then it seems unless you can get a dev to work on root you are stuck. And I think that will be a low priority for devs atm. As far as I know Bin4ryhas not worked on it since it came it...so you may be stuck with it.
Unfortunately AT&T is the only carrier in the US that sells Sony phones. Also Sony hasn't released an unlocked Xperia T for the US and I doubt they will since it's exclusive to AT&T right now.
Id Arcanum Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
I am from Europe, have unlocked T . Just wrote what I read.

Sent from my Xperia T

gregbradley
Old
Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 3,968
Quote:
Sony’s new flagship Android smartphone, the Sony Xperia TL is now available with US mobile carrier AT&T, the handset will set you bakc $99.99 when you sign up to a new two year contract with AT&T, the device is also available unlocked for $449.99.
http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sony-xp...tt-05-11-2012/

Doesnt this mean it is available on other carriers? In which case its bootloader should be unloackable.
Forgive me if i am wrong, I am from UK.

My contributions.

[Xperia Z1]