LT30p firmware on LT30at keeping LTE support

OP Spectre51

6th November 2012, 03:31 AM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 1,335

3,325 posts
Donate to Me
More
Okay people now that I have been able to create a stock AT&T LT30at ftf file: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Byr...EZpSE16bWdKV1E I went ahead with testing if I could flash a generic LT30p firmware on my LT30at EXCLUDING the baseband so I could keep LTE.

I used the LT30p firmware version 7.0.A.3.195 generic and flashed it through flashtools wiping everything but excluding the baseband. By doing this I was able to keep LTE support and have a generic unbranded firmware. I then restored all my apps using the included backup & restore app ( I had manually installed it on the LT30at firmware previously)

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used. Also tethering works without issue. I did have to setup the AT&T LTE apn which can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...29&postcount=4
Last edited by Spectre51; 16th January 2013 at 06:32 AM.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Spectre51 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th November 2012, 06:20 PM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 0

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre51

Everything went fine but of course I couldn't root using Bin4ry's method with the firmware I used.

Is there any way to root then? According to Jozinek's method we have to unlock the bootloader and that's not possible with the TL.
6th November 2012, 06:41 PM   |  #3  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 4,171

9,681 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdommike

Is there any way to root then? According to Jozinek's method we have to unlock the bootloader and that's not possible with the TL.

You can root officially via the sony official method. Then you can flash custom kernel.
6th November 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #4  
Flag Houston

8 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley

You can root officially via the sony official method. Then you can flash custom kernel.

I have an ATT xperia TL with a locked bootloader, don't think I'll be able to flash custom kernals
6th November 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #5  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,681 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdommike

I have an ATT xperia TL with a locked bootloader, don't think I'll be able to flash custom kernals

Unlock the bootloader to flash custom kernels. Use this method from the official sony website, then flash the advanced stock kernel which has root.

This should work unless AT&T have done somethg nasty, in which case why do you bother with that provider, just change to another company
Id Arcanum
6th November 2012, 07:30 PM   |  #6  

n/a posts
Quote:

Unlock the bootloader to flash custom kernels. Use this method from the official sony website, then flash the advanced stock kernel which has root.

This should work unless AT&T have done somethg nasty, in which case why do you bother with that provider, just change to another company

ATT TL bootloader is locked as in not unlockable.

Sent from my Xperia T
6th November 2012, 07:42 PM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,681 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumult

ATT TL bootloader is locked as in not unlockable.

Sent from my Xperia T

Ouch, why would you get an AT&T phone then.....with no prospect of community unlock (Test point is not a viable method) then it seems unless you can get a dev to work on root you are stuck. And I think that will be a low priority for devs atm. As far as I know Bin4ryhas not worked on it since it came it...so you may be stuck with it.
6th November 2012, 08:07 PM   |  #8  
Flag Houston

8 posts
More
Quote:

Ouch, why would you get an AT&T phone then.....with no prospect of community unlock (Test point is not a viable method) then it seems unless you can get a dev to work on root you are stuck. And I think that will be a low priority for devs atm. As far as I know Bin4ryhas not worked on it since it came it...so you may be stuck with it.

Unfortunately AT&T is the only carrier in the US that sells Sony phones. Also Sony hasn't released an unlocked Xperia T for the US and I doubt they will since it's exclusive to AT&T right now.
Id Arcanum
6th November 2012, 08:08 PM   |  #9  

n/a posts
Quote:

I am from Europe, have unlocked T . Just wrote what I read.

Sent from my Xperia T
6th November 2012, 08:12 PM   |  #10  
Forum Moderator
Flag Manchester

9,681 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Sony’s new flagship Android smartphone, the Sony Xperia TL is now available with US mobile carrier AT&T, the handset will set you bakc $99.99 when you sign up to a new two year contract with AT&T, the device is also available unlocked for $449.99.

http://www.geeky-gadgets.com/sony-xp...tt-05-11-2012/

Doesnt this mean it is available on other carriers? In which case its bootloader should be unloackable.
Forgive me if i am wrong, I am from UK.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread