Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 51,897 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What would you do with your Xperia T if it had a locked bootloader?

Tip us?

Astralogic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default What would you do with your Xperia T if it had a locked bootloader?

Just looking for ideas. I've rooted and debloated somewhat. What else can be done?

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astralogic View Post
Just looking for ideas. I've rooted and debloated somewhat. What else can be done?
Install recovery
Install Xposed Framework + Gravitybox
Install any custom rom based on stock firmware (for example "Ultimate Pure XT")

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Sell it!!!
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7

Astralogic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by istux View Post
Install recovery
Wow that looks great, will that rom have a performance hit?

I make daily backups with titanium and nandroid. Is that sufficient to fully recover back to how my phone is now if I want to remove the ultimate pure xt rom?

Also how do I know what roms are based on stock firmware?

Edit: After looking up gravitybox I still don't understand what it is. I have installed the xposed framework though.

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
Wow that looks great, will that rom have a performance hit?

I make daily backups with titanium and nandroid. Is that sufficient to fully recover back to how my phone is now if I want to remove the ultimate pure xt rom?

Also how do I know what roms are based on stock firmware?

Edit: After looking up gravitybox I still don't understand what it is. I have installed the xposed framework though.
Just install a recovery (like Philz touch) and make a backup from there, in order to be able to resume everything if you need to revert back.

How to know if a rom is based on stock? Just read the description within the first post
Ultimate Pure XT is great: you feel like you're using a Xperia Z2.
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 513
Quote:
With a nandroid backup you will totally replace your phone with what is backed up, so, yes, it will restore your phone to the exact same configuration and ROM as it had when you backed it up. Doesn't back up the kernel though, so be careful with that.

Quote:
Gravitybox allows for customizing certain visual aspects and functions of the phone (read up on the features). If you don't understand what it is, you most likely don't need it; if you wanted extra functions on your phone you'd Google how to do it and eventually end up at some solution for what you're looking for, such as Gravitybox.

And depending on what function of Gravitybox you're using, you might see some some decrease in speed. For instance, at least for me, when replacing and adding buttons to the navigation bar, sometimes it was a bit slower to respond; nothing I couldn't live with in order to improve Sony's Stock ROM.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7

Astralogic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I forgot to mention I already did install a recovery.

A rom that is based on the stock rom won't replace the kernel will it? Therefore the fact that nandroid doesn't back up the kernel isn't a problem right?

Astralogic
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by istux View Post
Install recovery
I am about to install that rom. But I have a small problem:

Quote:
5. Wipe cache, dalvik cache and do a factory reset.
6. Now install the ROM.
7. Once finished installing the ROM, you have to flash immediately the UPDATE-SuperSU.
could someone tell me these steps in a bit more detail please?

Wipe cache I THINK would be done from recovery yes? I have literally no idea what "dalvik cache" means. And do I do a factory reset the normal way? from inside the settings menu?

"Install the rom" I would assume is done through flashtool? or recovery? (I know how to do it, just don't know which one). Then I ASSUME installing UPDATE-SuperSU is done in the same way as installing the rom?

There's just a few details I'm not clear on, I never get answers by asking for more detailed installation steps inside the official rom thread, so I won't bother asking there.

istux
Old
Thanks Meter 370
Quote:
I am about to install that rom. But I have a small problem:

could someone tell me these steps in a bit more detail please?

Wipe cache I THINK would be done from recovery yes? I have literally no idea what "dalvik cache" means. And do I do a factory reset the normal way? from inside the settings menu?

"Install the rom" I would assume is done through flashtool? or recovery? (I know how to do it, just don't know which one). Then I ASSUME installing UPDATE-SuperSU is done in the same way as installing the rom?

There's just a few details I'm not clear on, I never get answers by asking for more detailed installation steps inside the official rom thread, so I won't bother asking there.
Everything has to be done from recovery...
Rom and superSU are ZIP files and have to be flashed inside recovery.
Wipe cache, then go in Advanced and wipe dalvik-cache.
If you're coming from a rom on Android 4.3 you don't need to wipe data, else you have to.

nisu4717
Old
Thanks Meter 78
I would like to try cm for locked bootloder. Xperia s have that. T will also have may be

Sent from my Xperia S using xda premium