Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 41,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Did I just brick my Xperia TL?

Tip us?

lhamilton1807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Did I just brick my Xperia TL?

So I did a stupid thing and didn't do my homework. I flashed CM 10.2 for Xperia T (Mint) on my rooted Xperia TL but didn't unlock the bootloader first. The phone won't boot. Just a black screen. If I hold the power button, it vibrates once, but nothing comes up on the screen. No LED light indicating charging while plugged in.

Have I just destroyed the phone?

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhamilton1807 View Post
So I did a stupid thing and didn't do my homework. I flashed CM 10.2 for Xperia T (Mint) on my rooted Xperia TL but didn't unlock the bootloader first. The phone won't boot. Just a black screen. If I hold the power button, it vibrates once, but nothing comes up on the screen. No LED light indicating charging while plugged in.

Have I just destroyed the phone?
No. A custom kernel won't work on a locked bootloader, so that is essentially your problem. Just put your phone in flash mode and use flashtool to flash a stock FTF and it should boot up just fine.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lhamilton1807
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime View Post
No. A custom kernel won't work on a locked bootloader, so that is essentially your problem. Just put your phone in flash mode and use flashtool to flash a stock FTF and it should boot up just fine.
Flashtool says my phone is locked and can't be updated.

Antiga Prime
Old
Thanks Meter 545
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhamilton1807 View Post
Flashtool says my phone is locked and can't be updated.
Then maybe put your phone in fastboot mode and flash the kernel first... IDK, I did that once and I'm pretty sure that's how I fixed it. With 7zip you can extract the "kernel.sin" file from the FTF, and use Flashtool in Fastboot mode to flash that kernel.
MB525 - Bayer Camera - Slim-mb526-4.4.2.beta.2.4-UNOFFICIAL-20140120-1830
Sony Xperia TX LT29i - CARBON-KK-UNOFFICIAL_Hayabusa_build7