[Q&A][ROM][6.0.1] CyanogenMod 13.0 for Xperia T, TX, V

Search This thread

markus1540

Dec 17, 2010
Frankfurt
Xiaomi Mi A1
OnePlus 6
When I flashed CM13 and CM14 I also had constant black screens and phone shut down randomly.
And because I wanted to prove to myself that these are not hardware faults I reverted to stock rom.

I flashed FTF image with Flashtool. I had to use older flashtool version as the latest couldn't finish the process and broke with errors.

Flashtool 0.9.18.6 did the job for me
Stock firmwares - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2648320
Initially it worked flawlessly but then, around 50% battery level, to my dissapointment random black screens of death happened again.

So it is either hardware fault, or something get messed while flashing the different ROM builds.

Thanks for your suggestions, managed to flash the latest stock ROM with Flashtool 0.9.18.6 again.
I continued experimenting a bit with the phone, on the stock ROM the functionality seems to be fully restored, CM12 builds worked without random reboots and black screens of death too.
However upon reflashing CM13, CM14 the described issues appeared again, so there's definitely something wrong with Adrians sources.

Reactions: Younes_vd

valeri.nikolov

Jan 13, 2010
Thanks for your suggestions, managed to flash the latest stock ROM with Flashtool 0.9.18.6 again.
I continued experimenting a bit with the phone, on the stock ROM the functionality seems to be fully restored, CM12 builds worked without random reboots and black screens of death too.
However upon reflashing CM13, CM14 the described issues appeared again, so there's definitely something wrong with Adrians sources.
So my random shut-downs started when I flashed CM13. I found that when on USB or charging shut-downs did not occur or occurred rarely.
I thought it may be the SIM card and tried using the phone without a SIM. No luck.
Then I thought it was the CM13 and get back to stock ROM. Initially it worked but only with full battery or with USB or charging

Then I decided to changed the battery and did it. No more shut downs now . It am running stock ROM with no issues whatsoever.

I am stil trying to make up my mind if stock ROM is ok for me (with well working audio) or if I want to be adventurous again :)

So in my case it was the battery. It may be something happened (burned the battery) during flashing but never the less battery was 3.5 year old.

But if you say it works just fine with CM12 then there is more to it and I am curious what it is.

Last edited:
Reactions: markus1540

XPS_93

Sep 24, 2012
OnePlus 3T
OnePlus 7T
Partition Unification

Hi @Adrian DC

I get Error 7 each time during the installation even when I've flash the "resize_userdata.zip". As far as I know unifying partition would need an empty SDcard, as such I have but 2 questions:
1. Does SDcard refers to internalSD or externalSD?
2. Do I have to empty the SDcard manually before flashing this CM13.0

I apologize if this question is repeated. I hope you can resolve my uncertainties. Thanks in advanced.

lukczas

Apr 8, 2010
Hi. I'm strugling to get full memory after flashing cm13 or cm14. I tried to follow the instructions. I did flash also resize_userdata and nothing hapend. I see only 2gb. I have try to resize the partition under twrp but it doesn't work. Anyone found the way how to fix this?

amirhossainrezayi

Aug 4, 2016
ardebil
hi guys. i want to download a version of this rom
which is better? stable?(basket build) snapshot?(cyanogen)
both of them is same?

sorry for my english and easy question

cicciopalu

Dec 30, 2016
Blocked on adb sideload - unify userdata partition

Hi,

I'm new to the forum so I apologize if I'll do something irregular.
I'm blocked on the step of adb sideload.
I followed the steps suggested in the userdata partition unification section:
- re-flash the previous version of OS(a version of German telecom)
- install cyanogenmodcm-13.0-20161221-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO3Y3-mint.zip(with all the steps implied in it like wipe cache etc.).
- try to install one more time cm-13.0-20161221-SNAPSHOT-ZNH5YAO3Y3-mint.zip (hoping that the re-install can
Unfortunately the problem remains: You must unify userdata partition.
Can someone help me?

Thank you

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Resolved: I found a unify_userdata folder(with a zip inside) within the cm 13 rom zip. with adb sideload I first flashed the zip inside unify_userdata folder,then reboot,then flash cm zip.

Last edited:

g440i

May 26, 2011
Hong Kong
I have unified the userdata and tried to flash the rom. But it cannot boot and keep on the CM splash screen. How can I solve it? I already wipe the cache, dalvik, system and internal storage before flashing.

olajideolawale007

Apr 26, 2017
Hi everyone
I have Sony xperia TL, boot loader is not unlocked, flash tool is ready but my phone can not loader into recovery, boot loader or fast mode even on my computer using cmd , I wish to load one of the latest OS on it. I had generated code to unlock boot loader from Sony site but fast boot is not working and am not able to flash trwp or other ROM on the phone. Pls I need a detailed step by step process to go about this.am not too good but I need help. And can I flash a new OS to the phone without unlocking the boot loader without any glitch or brick?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo-cid.png

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

About this Q&A thread for CyanogenMod 13.0
    Use this area to ask anything you want related to CM-13.0,
    but try not to spam everyone, always search for an answer before.

CyanogenMod 13.0 for Sony Xperia Blue

General Questions & Answers
    Is root access included into CM ?
    Yes. Go into Settings, About Phone. Tap "Build number" 7 times.
    Go back, open Developer options. Change "Root access" option.
    Do not use SuperSU unless you are sure, creates booting issues.
    Read more about it : Here.

Is the ROM suited for daily usage ? Google Apps compatible too ?
    Yes completely. Nightlies and OpenGApps recommended.​

Can I flash CyanogenMod NIGHTLY and UNOFFICIAL without wipes ?
    Yes you can.​

Should I flash SNAPSHOT builds when I'm on NIGHTLY ?
    No, the Nightlies are already more up to date.
    You can flash SNAPSHOT builds when you don't want to update often.​

Is the device encryption supported ?
    State unknown. If you're coming from an older ROM
    please read the details here : a07afb9660a86f702066003b8e81ab63789d1660

When USB connected to a computer, I can't access the storage ?
    The phone is in charge-only mode by default on Marshmallow,
    due to a stronger security logic regarding unauthorized data access.
    Swipe down the notifications and change the USB mode.​

I can't access the ROM's recovery with Volume-
    You can either flash the boot.img from the newer Releases with "fastboot flash boot boot.img" or FlashTool,
    or follow the instructions of the TWRP Recovery installation to update from TWRP.​

Due to an unknown issue in data, the partition still looks like a 2GB
    Although very unlikely, it may be possible that your data had an error
    that could not be fixed automatically by the time you did the UserData Unification.
    Export the resize_userdata.zip from the CM-13 zip / install / unify_userdata,
    and flash it from your recovery. If it works, problem solved.​

Against advices, I upgraded without GApps and now it crashes. Any way without factory reset ?
    Yes there is, but nothing assures you'll manage to do it fully & preserve all your data...
    Once booted, keep saying Ok to all "Unfortunately, ... has stopped",
    pull-down the notifications panel, press the Settings icon,
    go in Apps, menu, Show System, scroll to Setup Wizard (green Android logo),
    Permissions, and activate Contacts + Telephone.
    Later, some Play Store apps may need reinstalling.
    If not ok, try this : CM Wiki
    If still not, then I advise a clean factory-reset reinstallation...​
    Current status of each device
    • Xperia T (Mint) : Fully working, stable, no known major issue remaining
    • Xperia TX (Hayabusa) : Fully working, stable, no known major issue remaining
    • Xperia V (Tsubasa) : Mostly working, RIL phone issues being worked upon
    I accidently flashing SuperSU through TWRP, and now Im stuck in boot?
    What should I do now? Clean Flash back the ROM?

Just boot into recovery and flash the rom again. If you don't succeed, then wipe only system, and flash cm & gapps right after, and you should be fine ( your data will be untouched).
    Just boot into recovery and flash the rom again. If you don't succeed, then wipe only system, and flash cm & gapps right after, and you should be fine ( your data will be untouched).

Working great now! Thank
    I got a Xperia TX running Stock 4.3 (9.2.A.1.215) to install CM13 Only I need flash twrp-3.0.2-20160814-boot-hayabusa.img via flashtool or cmd and then the CM13.zip and OpenGapps? I've already unlocked the bootloader. I was using Windows Phone/Mobile for a year, So I'm quite lost.:confused:

Yes, easiest way is to just flash the latest twrp img as boot (fastboot flash boot twrpimgfile),
    then from there flash CM13, follow the instructions for the unification,
    and finally flash CM13 and GApps, you're all set.