Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,022 Members 52,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Replacing display Xperia V (LT25i) ???

Tip us?

lupodrillo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Replacing display Xperia V (LT25i) ???

Hello everyone, I have a problem with a LT25i of a colleague of mine, in practice, fell and broke the display.
On the net I've seen different models, some of you have experience on this? is there any tutorial to disassemble and reassemble everything?
If you have any suggestions on where to take and what I'd be grateful.

naufalhadyan
Old
Thanks Meter 236
too expensive imo... i would just buy a 2G dumbphone and save up to buy a new phone altogether... that is unless your friend is a diehard Xperia V user.
An architecture student and likes anything tech.

Nokia N-Gage QD (2006) --> Nokia 2730 Classic (2010) --> Ivio DE88 (2011) --> Sony Xperia Go ST27i (2012) --> Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos i9082 (2013) --> (used) Sony Xperia V LT25i

Rocking Sony Xperia V with latest CM11 nightly.
Secondary device: white iPad 2 64GB, with jailbroken iOS7

lupodrillo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by naufalhadyan View Post
too expensive imo... i would just buy a 2G dumbphone and save up to buy a new phone altogether... that is unless your friend is a diehard Xperia V user.

on the web I've seen them even at 50 , it is easy to replace?

Android Bob
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by lupodrillo View Post
Hello everyone, I have a problem with a LT25i of a colleague of mine, in practice, fell and broke the display.
On the net I've seen different models, some of you have experience on this? is there any tutorial to disassemble and reassemble everything?
If you have any suggestions on where to take and what I'd be grateful.
If the LCD is OK and it's just the front screen/digitizer that needs replacing, then this 'could' be sourced for around USD15-20.00

I've replaced an Xperia X10i digitizer myself and that only cost around USD18.00.
It was more an exercise in science to see if I could do it, than a requirement/cost exercise, thus practicing on an old unused phone in my case.