Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Xperia T LT30at is stuck at Sony screen.[SOLVED]

OP tabersays

20th August 2014, 06:36 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
The problem.
When I boot the device it just stays at the Sony screen and does not progress any further. I am still able to turn off the device by holding the power button and the volume up button, I can reset it by holding the button longer waiting for the vibration, and I can hard reset by waiting till the three vibrations.
What I was doing up to the point it happened.
I was trying to get a custom ROM on my device, I had it previously rooted so I thought I would go further. I installed CWM on my phone I wiped data, cache, and dalvick then I went to install the ROM from SD card. During the attempt at installation I got some symlink errors with a status of 7. Not sure what to do turned off the device when I decided to put back its previous I turned it back on and arrived at the problem.
What I have done to try and fix it.
I have done the soft and hard resets, I tried using the PC companions repair tool. When it asks me to turn the device off hold down the power button then plug in the device nothing happens(I have tried this several times.) I downloaded the flashtool and the correct ftf and tried using that, but it doesn't detect my device when I hold down the volume button and plug it in. So it seems that the flashboot is not working on my phone.

Any suggestions on what to try would be much appreciated and thanks in advanced.
Last edited by tabersays; 23rd August 2014 at 05:21 AM.
20th August 2014, 11:00 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 575
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabersays

The problem.
When I boot the device it just stays at the Sony screen and does not progress any further. I am still able to turn off the device by holding the power button and the volume up button, I can reset it by holding the button longer waiting for the vibration, and I can hard reset by waiting till the three vibrations.
What I was doing up to the point it happened.
I was trying to get a custom ROM on my device, I had it previously rooted so I thought I would go further. I installed CWM on my phone I wiped data, cache, and dalvick then I went to install the ROM from SD card. During the attempt at installation I got some symlink errors with a status of 7. Not sure what to do turned off the device when I decided to put back its previous I turned it back on and arrived at the problem.
What I have done to try and fix it.
I have done the soft and hard resets, I tried using the PC companions repair tool. When it asks me to turn the device off hold down the power button then plug in the device nothing happens(I have tried this several times.) I downloaded the flashtool and the correct ftf and tried using that, but it doesn't detect my device when I hold down the volume button and plug it in. So it seems that the flashboot is not working on my phone.

Any suggestions on what to try would be much appreciated and thanks in advanced.

You probably didn't install the ADB drivers. Install them from the Flashtool folder (use the ones for TX) and then try flashing your stock FTF again. Remember to put the device into Flashmode.

Basically what happened was that while flashing your ROM the script that flashes everything deletes everything from the /system partition, then you got an error and the installation was incomplete, therefore there is no proper system to boot into. You could have easily avoided what happened by flashing a different ROM had you not powered off.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

You probably didn't install the ADB drivers. Install them from the Flashtool folder (use the ones for TX) and then try flashing your stock FTF again. Remember to put the device into Flashmode.

Basically what happened was that while flashing your ROM the script that flashes everything deletes everything from the /system partition, then you got an error and the installation was incomplete, therefore there is no proper system to boot into. You could have easily avoided what happened by flashing a different ROM had you not powered off.

Thank you for response, I went and used the Flashtool-driver.exe and installed the Flashmode drivers, Fastboot drivers and the TX drivers. But it does not seem to have changed anything. To enter flash mode on the phone one has to hold down the volume down button while plugging the phone into the usb when it is powered off, right? Flash tool just sits at the instruction animation titled Wait for Flashmode. When I try to enter flashmode I do not get a response from either the program or the phone. Any more suggestions would be welcomed.
Thank you for taking the time to help.
Last edited by tabersays; 20th August 2014 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Grammar fix
22nd August 2014, 03:00 AM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 575
 
849 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by tabersays

To enter flash mode on the phone one has to hold down the volume down button while plugging the phone into the usb when it is powered off, right? Flash tool just sits at the instruction animation titled Wait for Flashmode. When I try to enter flashmode I do not get a response from either the program or the phone. Any more suggestions would be welcomed.
Thank you for taking the time to help.

Yes, that is how you enter flashmode. Turn off phone, and keep volume down button pressed while you connect the USB cable; the LED light should turn on with a green light. If you're phone is not entering Flashmode, then you might have a faulty USB cable, or there might be problems with your USB ports, either on your computer or your phone (try with different cables/computers).

Also, check your Device Manager (while phone is connected) to make sure the drivers are properly installed. If you have Windows 8, you should have had to turn of Driver Signature Checking in order for the drivers to install properly.
The Following User Says Thank You to Antiga Prime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 10:29 AM   |  #5  
istux's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Milano
Thanks Meter: 524
 
719 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime


Also, check your Device Manager (while phone is connected) to make sure the drivers are properly installed. If you have Windows 8, you should have had to turn of Driver Signature Checking in order for the drivers to install properly.

Yes, it's better to work on Windows 7 or lower....
The Following User Says Thank You to istux For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2014, 05:30 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antiga Prime

Yes, that is how you enter flashmode. Turn off phone, and keep volume down button pressed while you connect the USB cable; the LED light should turn on with a green light. If you're phone is not entering Flashmode, then you might have a faulty USB cable, or there might be problems with your USB ports, either on your computer or your phone (try with different cables/computers).

Also, check your Device Manager (while phone is connected) to make sure the drivers are properly installed. If you have Windows 8, you should have had to turn of Driver Signature Checking in order for the drivers to install properly.

Yeah I turned off the Driver signature checking on my computer when I did it. I'll go buy a new cable and try a friends windows 7 computer. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with the USB port in my phone. Thank you for your help I'll let you know how it goes.
23rd August 2014, 04:51 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2014
Thank you everybody for your support. My phone is now working. After my phones battery died I was able to get it charging, when it had enough energy it booted itself to the Sony screen so I turned it off and grabbed my new micro USB cable and was able to get it into flash mode. Everything is now working great. I wish a special thanks to Antiga Prime for taking the time to help me.

The Following User Says Thank You to tabersays For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes