26th August 2014, 06:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
More
Help me guys! The phone is melting!

My phone heats up when:

1-Connecting to charger
2-Opening the phone and start browsing for anything(apps, games, internet). games are the most cause of this heat.
3-Sometimes when I sleep I put the phone under the pillow(for alarm), then I sleep with 100% battery level, I woke up and the phone is about to melt, battery indicator says 10% or even less.

All of that heat problems causes unreasonably battery draining as well!

NOTE: When I turn off the phone and connect the charger, it doesn't get any heat or battery draining and the phone charges correctly.

I don't think its hardware or battery problem, cause when I turn off the phone I don't get any problems at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.
26th August 2014, 10:54 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

152 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fawwaz

Help me guys! The phone is melting!

My phone heats up when:

1-Connecting to charger
2-Opening the phone and start browsing for anything(apps, games, internet). games are the most cause of this heat.
3-Sometimes when I sleep I put the phone under the pillow(for alarm), then I sleep with 100% battery level, I woke up and the phone is about to melt, battery indicator says 10% or even less.

All of that heat problems causes unreasonably battery draining as well!

NOTE: When I turn off the phone and connect the charger, it doesn't get any heat or battery draining and the phone charges correctly.

I don't think its hardware or battery problem, cause when I turn off the phone I don't get any problems at all.

Any help would be much appreciated.

have you tried to reflash the software ? or try to go to setting >> battery >> and post a pic of this menu so we can see wich is the mmost app that consum battery and when ur device is overheating go to application >> running and make sure that overheat control app is running !

btw am xperia v owner so do not take my answer 100% correct
26th August 2014, 11:33 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 1,330

1,415 posts
Donate to Me
Running phones under a pillow are never a good idea. It will prevent the phone cpu from cooling down and will make even minor wakelocks become a serious heat problem.
27th August 2014, 04:39 PM   |  #4  
OP Member

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpammer

have you tried to reflash the software ? or try to go to setting >> battery >> and post a pic of this menu so we can see wich is the mmost app that consum battery and when ur device is overheating go to application >> running and make sure that overheat control app is running !

btw am xperia v owner so do not take my answer 100% correct

Ohh please I don't want to reflash the software, I have so many data and apps I don't want to lose.
Here's a pic of battery usage as you asked:

I'm actually impressed from these results, Google services and Instagram, I actually felt something about Instagram since I installed it, its one of the most apps that heats the phone when I open it.

Overheat control is running.

Now I've installed task manger widget to kill apps, thank god the phone is getting better, heat problem is less now. I used to kill apps with default android task manger by sliding apps. looks like it wasn't really that sufficient.
Last edited by 1Fawwaz; 27th August 2014 at 04:48 PM.
27th August 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #5  

1,415 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

Ohh please I don't want to reflash the software, I have so many data and apps I don't want to lose.

I'm actually impressed from these results, Google services and Instagram, I actually felt something about Instagram since I installed it, its one of the most apps that heats the phone when I open it.

Now I've installed task manger widget to kill apps, thank god the phone is getting better, heat problem is less now. I used to kill apps with default android task manger by sliding apps. looks like it wasn't really that sufficient.

Unless your task manager widget has root permissions it won't do anything more than swiping apps away in recents.
Try the app Greenify. It will do what you need.
28th August 2014, 01:04 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 7

152 posts
More
Quote:

try to freeze apps also that they are running and you do not need
29th August 2014, 12:50 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

49 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo

Unless your task manager widget has root permissions it won't do anything more than swiping apps away in recents.
Try the app Greenify. It will do what you need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpammer

try to freeze apps also that they are running and you do not need

I have root permissions and I use greenify as well, device still heats up. Thank you guys for the help anyway.
29th August 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #8  

1,415 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:

I have root permissions and I use greenify as well, device still heats up. Thank you guys for the help anyway.

Sounds like a hardware issue then. :/

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread