Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 53,052 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Xperia TX Heat and Draining Problems

Tip us?
 
1Fawwaz
Old
#1  
1Fawwaz's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Irbid
Default Xperia TX Heat and Draining Problems

Help me guys! The phone is melting!


My phone heats up when:

1-Connecting to charger
2-Opening the phone and start browsing for anything(apps, games, internet). games are the most cause of this heat.
3-Sometimes when I sleep I put the phone under the pillow(for alarm), then I sleep with 100% battery level, I woke up and the phone is about to melt, battery indicator says 10% or even less.

All of that heat problems causes unreasonably battery draining as well!

NOTE: When I turn off the phone and connect the charger, it doesn't get any heat or battery draining and the phone charges correctly.

I don't think its hardware or battery problem, cause when I turn off the phone I don't get any problems at all.


Any help would be much appreciated.
 
iSpammer
Old
#2  
iSpammer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 139
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fawwaz View Post
Help me guys! The phone is melting!


My phone heats up when:

1-Connecting to charger
2-Opening the phone and start browsing for anything(apps, games, internet). games are the most cause of this heat.
3-Sometimes when I sleep I put the phone under the pillow(for alarm), then I sleep with 100% battery level, I woke up and the phone is about to melt, battery indicator says 10% or even less.

All of that heat problems causes unreasonably battery draining as well!

NOTE: When I turn off the phone and connect the charger, it doesn't get any heat or battery draining and the phone charges correctly.

I don't think its hardware or battery problem, cause when I turn off the phone I don't get any problems at all.


Any help would be much appreciated.
have you tried to reflash the software ? or try to go to setting >> battery >> and post a pic of this menu so we can see wich is the mmost app that consum battery and when ur device is overheating go to application >> running and make sure that overheat control app is running !

btw am xperia v owner so do not take my answer 100% correct
samsung sgh-e250 > nokia n97 > nokia c3-00 > xperia miro > iphone 4 32gb > xperia arc >blackberry curve 8520> xperia miro > xperia v >blackberry bold9700 > xperia z1 ( sold ) and ipad 4 16gb + LTE
 
WhiteNeo
Old
#3  
WhiteNeo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 582
Posts: 942
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Running phones under a pillow are never a good idea. It will prevent the phone cpu from cooling down and will make even minor wakelocks become a serious heat problem.
My work:
  • NeoWave - A fully Z3 themed custom rom for the Sony Xperia V (Link) and Xperia T (Link)
 
1Fawwaz
Old
(Last edited by 1Fawwaz; 27th August 2014 at 03:48 PM.)
#4  
1Fawwaz's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Irbid
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpammer View Post
have you tried to reflash the software ? or try to go to setting >> battery >> and post a pic of this menu so we can see wich is the mmost app that consum battery and when ur device is overheating go to application >> running and make sure that overheat control app is running !

btw am xperia v owner so do not take my answer 100% correct
Ohh please I don't want to reflash the software, I have so many data and apps I don't want to lose.
Here's a pic of battery usage as you asked:


I'm actually impressed from these results, Google services and Instagram, I actually felt something about Instagram since I installed it, its one of the most apps that heats the phone when I open it.

Overheat control is running.

Now I've installed task manger widget to kill apps, thank god the phone is getting better, heat problem is less now. I used to kill apps with default android task manger by sliding apps. looks like it wasn't really that sufficient.
 
WhiteNeo
Old
#5  
WhiteNeo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 582
Posts: 942
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fawwaz View Post
Ohh please I don't want to reflash the software, I have so many data and apps I don't want to lose.
Here's a pic of battery usage as you asked:


I'm actually impressed from these results, Google services and Instagram, I actually felt something about Instagram since I installed it, its one of the most apps that heats the phone when I open it.

Overheat control is running.

Now I've installed task manger widget to kill apps, thank god the phone is getting better, heat problem is less now. I used to kill apps with default android task manger by sliding apps. looks like it wasn't really that sufficient.
Unless your task manager widget has root permissions it won't do anything more than swiping apps away in recents.
Try the app Greenify. It will do what you need.
 
iSpammer
Old
#6  
iSpammer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 139
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fawwaz View Post
Ohh please I don't want to reflash the software, I have so many data and apps I don't want to lose.
Here's a pic of battery usage as you asked:


I'm actually impressed from these results, Google services and Instagram, I actually felt something about Instagram since I installed it, its one of the most apps that heats the phone when I open it.

Overheat control is running.

Now I've installed task manger widget to kill apps, thank god the phone is getting better, heat problem is less now. I used to kill apps with default android task manger by sliding apps. looks like it wasn't really that sufficient.
try to freeze apps also that they are running and you do not need
samsung sgh-e250 > nokia n97 > nokia c3-00 > xperia miro > iphone 4 32gb > xperia arc >blackberry curve 8520> xperia miro > xperia v >blackberry bold9700 > xperia z1 ( sold ) and ipad 4 16gb + LTE
 
1Fawwaz
Old
#7  
1Fawwaz's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 47
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Irbid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo View Post
Unless your task manager widget has root permissions it won't do anything more than swiping apps away in recents.
Try the app Greenify. It will do what you need.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSpammer View Post
try to freeze apps also that they are running and you do not need
I have root permissions and I use greenify as well, device still heats up. Thank you guys for the help anyway.
 
WhiteNeo
Old
#8  
WhiteNeo's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 582
Posts: 942
Join Date: Feb 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Fawwaz View Post
I have root permissions and I use greenify as well, device still heats up. Thank you guys for the help anyway.
Sounds like a hardware issue then. :/

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Submitting a Patch to Gerrit – Featuring XplodWild – XDA Developer TV

Not every developer specializes in every area of … more

Learn How to Make a Live Wallpaper all by Yourself

Stillimages can bebeautiful, but some of you prefer to see animations on your screens. … more

Google Play Services Updated to Version 6.1

In addition to Android operating system proper, Google is focusing hard on giving the developers … more

CyanogenMod 11 M10 Available for Supported Devices

Summer vacation isover for most students out there, and it’s the time to get back to … more