Installing rooted ROM on a phone that's not rooted

Search This thread

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
Hello guys! I have Xperia T 9.2.A.0.295.
I've tried a couple of methods of rooting my phone and all failed:
- rooting via flashtool, when "make it ra1n" appears, phone just restarts
- rooting via first method listed in this subforum, when running .bat file it gets stuck @ *daemon started successfully*
- rootin via towelroot, when I try to install it, it simply says "App not installed".

My idea was following, but I'm afraid to execute it without you guys having my back or I know it will be broken :D (back or phone or both hehe)
I wanted to try to push CWM via fastboot (already got drivers installed and all options defined correctly, unknown sources, debugging etc.)
I wanted to follow this tutorial with this CWM: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1918966

1. So, if I install rooted ROM, is my phone going to be rooted or not? Or is installation going to fail? (some people were mentioning it's very likely phone is gonna end up bricked...)
2. If I install this CWM (since it's from 2012) am I going to have problems installing ROMs developed in 2015 (eg. 4.4.4 or 5.x?)
3. Is there a way I could back my current software up just in case something goes wrong so I could restore it in case of a fail?

Thanks guys!
If anyone has FB and maybe would like to add me just so I could contact him if things go south, feel free to send it to my PM, I'll add you :)

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
OK, I found older firmware on XperiFirm (9.2.A.1.199) from the vendor I bought the phone from. Later the phone was unlocked, I sure hope it doesn't lock again or something.....Since I moved to another vendor.
I'm downloading now, but I'm thinking about sleeping through the night 'till someone answers because I'm having a feeling I'm gonna wreck something...

Mavrinac

May 7, 2014
Sorry for replying so late, didn't work for me, but I'm working on it with Olivier, he helped me :)