I have always liked the unique Sony UI - but it comes with a big downgrade in terms of performance, at least when using stock roms. So I switched to AOSP.
Faster? Yes. More stable? Yes. But the Holo interface could never impress me. That's why I decided to combine two different worlds - beauty and performance.
Here is the result of more than a hundred hours of compiler flag experiments, intense theming and bugfixing.
- Based on stable Omnirom 4.4.4 sources
- Compiled with Linaro toolchain and O3 flags (highest possible optimization level on Android - you WILL notice a difference!)
- Odexed and debloated user build
- Smooth, resource-saving and fast thanks to only 60mb system app size compared to 130mb on pure OmniRom
- Awesome sound thanks to Viper4Android (check out this website to get to know V4A)
- Themed to look and feel like the latest Sony firmware, including a complete Z3 framework
- Switchable accent colors and lots of add-ons for a unique experience! Your phone - your rom - your style!
- Original Z3 Home and Clock Widgets, Xperia Keyboard and full-featured Walkman
- Still fully ART-compatible!
Any bug reports are greatly appreciated as I am aiming for a most stable user experience.
However, make sure to include a log or screenshot, as even a very detailed description cannot include all information I need to track the issues down.
- All known and unknown Omni bugs. (Microphone bug is fixed! )
- Exchange doesn't work. If you need it anyway, install this app: Link
- CertInstaller force closes. For a fix, install this app before importing your certificates: Link
- Z2 style Clock widget doesn't show AM/PM. (Tempoary fix: Select 24 hours time format in settings.)
Following the steps below, you accept that I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your device while installing or using this rom.
- Make sure your bootloader is unlocked - if not, follow this guide: Link
- Enter recovery
- Do a factory reset and wipe system partition
- Flash latest neo-4.4.4-mint.zip
- Flash latest neo-mint-patch.zip (if any available)
- Flash "GApps Minimal 4.4.4" and "AOSP Calendar Sync 4.4.4 Addon" packages from here and here
- Flash latest SuperSU from here: Link
Updating NeoWave to the latest version is as simple as:
- Flashing the latest rom or patch zip from Downloads section
- Flashing your add-ons and accent colors again (optional)
- Get the latest rom zip from here: Link (v1.2.2)
Please note that I cannot test all of those apps myself, and that I cannot fix any of their bugs. Not everything might be working 100%, so DO A BACKUP before flashing!
Also, make sure to press thanks for the developers that made it possible to run those apps on AOSP.
Maintained by me
- Z3 Home with no auto-rotation: Link (flash zip in recovery)
- BlinkFeed compatible with NeoWave's accent colors: Link (flash in recovery)(Big thanks to gakugaku!)
Working on ART
- Z3 Album: Link (install as normal app)
- Z2 Movies: Link (install as normal app)
- Z2 Walkman with changing background color: Link (install the version for Viper4A users)
Not working on ART
DO NOT FLASH when using ART runtime!
You could get a hail of force closes and be unable to use your device without wiping data!
- Z2 Calendar: Link (remove system/app/Calendar.apk and system/app/Calendar.odex before flashing)
Other nice stuff:
Many thanks to the following people. Without you, this project would not have been possible!
- Isocadia, peter-k and doenen for beta testing and motivating me to complete the work on this rom.
- Alx31TLse for helping me with some initial compiling issues.
- Ambor for his awesome Z2 framework that I used as a base for my work.
- niaboc79 for his text color fix in Google Account settings.
- zhuhang and ViPER520 for Viper4Android.
- vrl13 for that awesome rom name!
- taaviu for creating the great Sneakpeak video in post #2.
- RaiLRaZ for testing the initial Xperia T version.
- solkas for pointing me to a fix for the earphone issue.
- elb0wf4ce for his microphone fix.
A big thanks to the following people for supporting my work with a donation!
- alexbo - 10$
- Isocadia - 20$
- ksigit - 10$
- Kai K. (Guest) - 15$
- colonel_lp - 15$
- Knutselmaaster - 10$
- peter-k - 5$
- neofral - 10$
- vrl13 - 15$
- Updated Torch to latest OmniRom version, now featuring a "keep screen on" setting!
- Clock color during Alarm activity will no longer change according to current accent color
- Fixed the bootloop after initial installation of NeoWave. Was caused by AndroidManifest.xml in framework-res.
- Please redownload the Sony Blue theme or you might have a bootloop after flashing!
- Replaced AOSP Camera with a Sony-themed CM11s one
- Re-created the stock blue framework theme to fix some color issues
- Updated QuickPic (Album) to latest version from Play Store
- Updated hosts file
- Fixed some accent color issues in Xperia Home, Keyboard and Mail Client
- Fixed a bug in DeskClock where timers would not ring when finished
- (Hopefully) also fixed the SMS Notification icons
- Finally fixed the earphone issues!
- Microphone issue solved as well
- Fixed checkboxes in SemcEmail not changing colors according to theme
- Please re-download all accent color add-ons you were using, or you'll face the earphone bug again!
- Preparation for switchable accent colors (moved all color-changing images to framework-res)
- Initial release for Xperia T
If you like my work and want to support me, please hit that thanks button, give some positive feedback or consider a small donation for my efforts.
NeoWave, ROM for the Sony Xperia T
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
Based On: OmniRom
Current Stable Version: NEO-1.2.2
Stable Release Date: 2014-10-09
Last Updated 2015-04-05