[ROM/KERNEL][V][UB][KK][SONY-UI] NeoWave™ - Z3 style for your Xperia V!

Search This thread

dashiel04

Feb 5, 2013
As long as I remember, there was a button at up right of toggles. Pressing that allowed us customize toggles. After pressing that, With touch and hold we could move toggles and tapping on them enabled/disabled them :)

I know how to add / remove the toggles. What I mean is if there's a way to change the size of the icons and make the picture larger.

Arioman

Aug 20, 2012
owjgraphic.com
hi , i really love this rom - but i have serious problem :

Something is wrong about my internal memory after i install rom

when i go to storage info , it stuck on calculating , or when i go to apps and see info of apps it`s stuck on calculating size of app and phone will restart after a few minutes , strange thing is i can install app without problem or work with both Internal and SD card with file manager

Phone are work super fast , but i get not respoding a lot in Telegram or Clash after load and it happends a lot

i try to install fresh official Roms and then install this rom as instruction , do all wipes and ...

but no success at all , the offical 9.2.A.2..5 rom does not this problem at all and i really love to install this rom ( smoother and lighter)

anyone have idea how can i find the problem ? any patch or fix way ?? or what cause make this problem ?

Last edited:

stjepa90

May 30, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
kernel

Hey, I don't know if this topic is still active,but,if it is,great rom,great look,very smooth and fast ,(not a big fan of Lolipop-very laggy on this phone, Kk is more suitable for this device today)but ,I'm having one problem with kernel. Off screen over the night ,baterry is drops from 87% to 30%. I couldn't read 119 pages for a solution, but,if someone has one related to kernel,not apps for battery ,it would be nice to share it with me :)):D I use fixed neo kernel..:cool:

stjepa90

May 30, 2016
OnePlus 8 Pro
Dude,with sd card read-ahead tweak,this baby works like a charm! Fast,smooth, battery life with omni kernel is AWESOME,really like the combination of aosp-stock, 10/10. And also,best thing is dumping a large amount of useless apps (at least -to me as a regular user)

Sent from my Xperia V using XDA-Developers mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to NeoWave™ rom! :)

fykgFUp.png

Introduction:
    I have always liked the unique Sony UI - but it comes with a big downgrade in terms of performance, at least when using stock roms. So I switched to AOSP.
    Faster? Yes. More stable? Yes. But the Holo interface could never impress me. That's why I decided to combine two different worlds - beauty and performance.
    Here is the result of more than a hundred hours of compiler flag experiments, intense theming and bugfixing.

ROM Features:
    • Based on stable Omnirom 4.4.4 sources
    • Compiled with Linaro toolchain and O3 flags (highest possible optimization level on Android - you WILL notice a difference!)
    • Odexed and debloated user build
    • Smooth, resource-saving and fast thanks to only 60mb system app size compared to 130mb on pure OmniRom
    • Awesome sound thanks to Viper4Android (check out this website to get to know V4A)
    • Themed to look and feel like the latest Sony firmware, including a complete Z3 framework
    • Switchable accent colors and lots of add-ons for a unique experience! Your phone - your rom - your style! :)
    • Original Z3 Home and Clock Widgets, Xperia Keyboard and full-featured Walkman
    • Still fully ART-compatible!

Kernel Features:
    • Based on latest CyanogenMod 11 kernel source
    • Compiled with Linaro 4.7 and O3 flags for maximum performance
    • Finally Overclocking on KitKat - up to 1.62GHz!
    • Default CPU voltage decreased for maximum battery life and less heating
    • User-customnizable VDD Voltage driver (thanks to faux123)
    • MSM MPDecision - an intelligent hotplug driver from Bricked Kernel for N5 (thanks to show-p1984)
    • Bricked Thermal driver (thanks to show-p1984)
    • Replaced CWM in CM11 kernel with TWRP (big thanks to Alx31TLse)
    Be aware that improper usage of kernel features can cause serious damage to your device!
    Only use the stuff above if you know what you're doing!

I recommend checking out Knutselmaaster's thread to get started with kernel tweaking. :)

In agreement with the GPL, you can find the sources and defconfig used to compile this kernel right here.

Known Bugs:
    Any bug reports are greatly appreciated as I am aiming for a most stable user experience.
    However, make sure to include a log or screenshot, as even a very detailed description cannot include all information I need to track the issues down. :)
    • All known and unknown Omni bugs. (Zero battery bootloop fixed - Bluetooth pairing can be fixed by flashing this.)
    • Exchange doesn't work. If you need it anyway, install this app: Link
    • CertInstaller force closes. For a fix, install this app before importing your certificates: Link
    • Z2 style Clock widget doesn't show AM/PM. (Tempoary fix: Select 24 hours time format in settings.)

Installation:
    Following the steps below, you accept that I cannot be held responsible for any damage to your device while installing or using this rom. :)
    • Make sure your bootloader is unlocked - if not, follow this guide: Link
    • Enter recovery
    • Do a factory reset and wipe system partition
    • Flash latest neo-4.4.4-tsubasa.zip
    • Flash latest neo-patch.zip (if any available)
    • Flash "GApps Minimal 4.4.4" and "AOSP Calendar Sync 4.4.4 Addon" packages from here and here
    • Flash latest SuperSU from here: Link
    • Reboot

Updating:
    Updating NeoWave to the latest version is as simple as:
    • Flashing the latest rom or patch zip from Downloads section
    • Flashing your add-ons and accent colors again (optional)
    • Rebooting
    No need to wipe cache/dalvik cache unless noted otherwise. :good:

Downloads:
    • NeoWave ROM: Link (Last updated: 2014-10-08)
    • NeoKernel based on CM11: Link (Last updated: 2014-10-22, fixed root issues on CM11 roms)
    • NeoKernel based on Omni: Link

Add-Ons:
    In this section you will find ported Xperia apps that are confirmed working by other users.
    Please note that I cannot test all of those apps myself, and that I cannot fix any of their bugs. Not everything might be working 100%, so DO A BACKUP before flashing!
    Also, make sure to press thanks for the developers that made it possible to run those apps on AOSP. :)

Maintained by me
    • Z3 Home with no auto-rotation: Link (flash zip in recovery)
    • BlinkFeed compatible with NeoWave's accent colors: Link (flash in recovery)(Big thanks to gakugaku!)
    • Omni Kernel without additional features: Link (flash this if you run into issues with the included NeoKernel)

Working on ART
    • Z3 Album: Link (install as normal app)
    • Z2 Movies: Link (install as normal app)
    • Z2 Walkman with changing background color: Link (install the version for Viper4A users)

Not working on ART
    DO NOT FLASH when using ART runtime!
    You could get a hail of force closes and be unable to use your device without wiping data!
    • Z2 Calendar: Link (remove system/app/Calendar.apk and system/app/Calendar.odex before flashing)

Other nice stuff:
    • Apple Color Emoji: Link (Big thanks to angelsel)
    • Viper4Android Starter Pack: Link (For information on how to use this, check out this page)
    • Holofied TWRP Theme: Link (Really awesome UI, using this one myself)
    Credits:
    Many thanks to the following people. Without you, this project would not have been possible! :)
    • Isocadia, peter-k and doenen for beta testing and motivating me to complete the work on this rom.
    • Alx31TLse for helping me with TWRP on CM kernel.
    • Ambor for his awesome Z2 framework that I used as a base for my work.
    • niaboc79 for his text color fix in Google Account settings.
    • zhuhang and ViPER520 for Viper4Android.
    • walter79 for bringing Omni to our devices.
    • vrl13 for that awesome rom name! :D
    • taaviu for creating the great Sneakpeak video in post #2.
    • M3nti0n for his OTA Updater app.
    • show-p1984 and faux123 for their kernel features.

Donations:
    A big thanks to the following people for supporting my work with a donation! :victory:
    • alexbo - 10$
    • Isocadia - 20$
    • ksigit - 10$
    • Kai K. (Guest) - 15$
    • colonel_lp - 15$
    • Knutselmaaster - 10$
    • peter-k - 5$
    • neofral - 10$
    • vrl13 - 15$
    • bumpelwumpel - 7.50$
    Changelog:
    - NEO-1.2.2:
    • Finally fixed all typical OmniRom bugs like bluetooth pairing and offline charging
    • Updated TWRP to latest version - now featuring MTP mode!
    • Disabled hotplug features in kernel (can be reactivated via TricksterMod app)
    • Optimized kernel for cortex-a9 architecture
    • Updated Torch app to latest Omni sources, including a new "keep screen on" option
    • Alarm screen clock will no longer change colors according to current accent
    - NEO-1.2.1 (patch):
    • Updated hosts file
    • Improved the accent color detection in Xperia keyboard
    • Fixed a bug in DeskClock where timers would not ring when finished
    - NEO-1.2.0:
    • Finally including a feature-rich custom kernel! Check "Kernel Features" for details. :good:
    • Replaced AOSP Camera with a Sony-themed CM11s one
    • Added OTA Update Center - No more manual update checking!
    • Re-created the stock blue framework theme to fix some color issues
    • Updated QuickPic (Album) to latest version from Play Store
    • Fixed some accent color issues in Xperia Home and Mail Client
    • (Hopefully) also fixed the SMS Notification icons :D
    - NEO-1.1.4 (patch):
    • Preparation for switchable accent colors (moved all color-changing images to framework-res)
    - NEO-1.1.3 (patch):
    • Mainly an OTA testing patch
    • Fixed the bubble color in Messaging app to properly display links
    • Fixed Network Settings background.. again. Screwed something up there :D
    - NEO-1.1.2 (patch):
    • Adjusted the title text size of lockscreen music control
    • Removed the carrier label in lockscreen
    • Improved background of the multiselect bottom bar in Email
    • Changed the colors of email items in combined view to be brighter and more saturated
    • Fixed a bug with white text on white background in Calendar widget
    - NEO-1.1.1 (patch):
    • Added a new Z3 themed lockscreen
    • Updated QuickPic to the latest version (Please let me know if future updates are out! :D)
    • Modified the grid in Xperia Home to use more of the available screen space
    • Themed the remaining icons in Email and Settings in the new accent colors
    - NEO-1.1.0:
    • Merged lots of Z3 framework stuff and further slimmed framework-res down
    • Edited all system apps to allow easier accent color changes in future add-ons
    • Minor ui changes in some system apps
    • Changed default accent color to match with the new Z3 BlackThemeBlueAccent colors
    • Replaced Z2 ringtones and audio files with Z3 ones
    • Replaced Home with a themed and extremely light and smooth Z3 one
    • Added original Z3 clock widgets, confirmed working on ART
    • Replaced stock charge indicator images with those from Z3
    - NEO-1.0.3 (patch):
    • Fixed the black text on black button bug in non-holo apps
    • Improved QuickSettings layout (smaller font, other icons)
    • Changed Network Settings to Holo Light
    • Fixed an icon bug in Settings (should be the last one for now)
    - NEO-1.0.2 (patch):
    • Fixed the layout issues in Create Event screen in Calendar
    • Modified QuickSettings layout to look more like Z2
    • LPA is now by default disabled in build.prop to prevent patches from breaking V4A
    - NEO-1.0.1 (patch):
    • Fixed fc in Settings when trying to select a lockscreen wallpaper
    • Fixed fc in email client when using combined view
    • Minor ui changes and fixes in Settings, also merged some new Z2 stuff
    - NEO-1.0.0:
    • Initial release
    If you like my work and want to support me, please hit that thanks button, give some positive feedback or consider a small donation for my efforts. :)

XDA:DevDB Information
    NeoWave, ROM for the Sony Xperia V

Contributors
    WhiteNeo
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    Based On: OmniRom

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: NEO-1.2.2
    Stable Release Date: 2014-10-08

Created 2014-08-31
    Last Updated 2015-04-05
    Accent Colors:
    Below you find flashable zip files that change the system accent colors to your liking.
    I will provide all stock Z3 accent colors when I find the time to make them.

All accent color zips include a folder called "wallpaper" that includes - guess what. :D

Working on rom version NEO-1.1.4 and above only!

• Sony Blue
      Flash this to revert to the default accent color.
      Get it from here!
      19qAW8s.jpg

.​
    • Sony Orange
      Flash this to change the accent color to Z3 orange.
      Get it from here!
      NyR3n8o.jpg

.​
    • Sony Red
      Flash this to change the accent color to Z3 red.
      Get it from here!
      9HiZ8vN.jpg

.​
    • Magic Purple
      This is a free custom accent color sample. :)
      Get it from here!
      SH2E3FG.jpg

.​
    • Ingress Enlightened Green
      Brought to you by Knutselmaaster. Once again, many thanks for your donation! :)
      Get it from here!
      0U88dgy.jpg

.​
    • Abyssal Blue
      A little reward for 1000 thanks! :victory:
      Get it from here!
      Teb4FBf.jpg

Still missing your favorite color?
    Donators of at least 10$ may request their own personal accent color add-on. :)
    You have the choice to share your color with others or keep it for yourself and have a completely unique phone.
    Let me know, and I'll add it to this post, along with some thanks for your donation.

Thanks in advance for supporting my hard work on this rom! :victory:
    Screenshots:
    wdXLBvW.jpg

fdrPPXl.jpg

Video:
    Here's a video made by taaviu that shows the rom features and user interface. :)
    Version 1.2.2 is out. :)

I released a complete new rom zip because I won't be able to do much development work in the upcoming months.
    This is due to my real life eating lots of time now that I have to study again.
    Expect the next big update somewhen around christmas. :D
    (Unless - of course - a big issue appears out of nowhere. ;))

Finally all device dependant bugs, including bluetooth pairing, are fixed.
    I disabled cpu hotplug by default to work around the music issues some people were experiencing.
    Also, I tried to fix most of the annoying bugs, like Torch turning off, for example. :good:

See OP for a more detailed changelog and a link to download the new version. :)

Thanks to all 200 users for always supporting my work and helping where they can to improve this project! :)

Neo
    @all: CM12 is nearly ready.. ;)

tWOAOb2.png