[ROM][V][UB][SONY-UI] NeoWave™ - Switchable Accent Colors released!

Yesterday, 12:33 PM   |  #381  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 713

1,036 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter-k

You managed this all well so far, I got to say.

I previously increased SD read-ahead to 2048. I left it there but I couldn't see any diff. Did you?

Did you have time thinking abt modding NeoW to not require unlock BL?

Neither did I, but just try the integrated sd benchmark function of Android Tuner.
There is a difference of nearly 50% io-throughput between certain schedulers and read-ahead caches.
Today, 02:04 PM   |  #382  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 713

1,036 posts
Donate to Me
Hm.. Compiled another kernel yesterday. Replaced Intelliplug with MSM MPDecision from Bricked Kernel for Nexus 5.
Intelliplug was making the phone terribly choppy. MPD seems very smooth so far.

I'll also remove the intellidemand and intelliactive governors as they cause build errors with MPDecision.

Any recommendations for one or two new governors to add?

BTW, I'll probably also remove the last frequency step (1728MHz).. Makes the phone too unstable.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WhiteNeo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Today, 03:34 PM   |  #383  
Thanks Meter: 53

376 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo

Hm.. Compiled another kernel yesterday. Replaced Intelliplug with MSM MPDecision from Bricked Kernel for Nexus 5.
Intelliplug was making the phone terribly choppy. MPD seems very smooth so far.

I'll also remove the intellidemand and intelliactive governors as they cause build errors with MPDecision.

Any recommendations for one or two new governors to add?

BTW, I'll probably also remove the last frequency step (1728MHz).. Makes the phone too unstable.

when i was using galaxy s3 back in years, there were plethora of governors available and the most requested were pegasusqplus, smartassv2 and lulzactiveq. together with sio scheduler they made some impact on overall performance.

maybe you can try these and see what you get with our phone.

by the way, i installed your rom last night and i must admit - i'm very much surprised with the speed and smoothness of the rom. i found the overall audio quality to be the best so far since i have my Xperia V and tried a dozen of roms (official and custom)

congratulations and keep up the good work, i'll stick around your rom and further development for a while

The Following User Says Thank You to neofral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread