Sony Xperia Z3 Lollipop Framework Ported to CM12

Android 5.0 for Xperia has a unique look and feel. You don’t have to get a Sony … more

Do You Use Recents as a Task Switcher?

Google introduced a revamped Recents interface with Lollipop in the hopes of making it easier for … more

YU Yureka All-in-One ToolBox (CM12S Only)

This packed toolbox by XDA Senior Member gohel.vishal makes many useful tweaks … more

Sony Xperia Z4 Forum Now Available

Sony’s Xperia line has seen plenty of development on XDA, and now that the Xperia Z4 has been … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[ROM/KERNEL][V][UB][KK][SONY-UI] NeoWave™ - Z3 style for your Xperia V!

14th April 2015, 10:50 PM |#1151  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,879

1,995 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isocadia

@WhiteNeo It's back to basics due to my Xperia Z3c having to go to the repairs due to a broken audiojack.... Long live production weeks 37 and 38 which are plagued with problems.
Anyway, I will have to use my V again till it gets back and I was just wondering what the current state is for this ROM concerning batterylife. Does this 4.4.4 ROM outperform your new CM12.1 ROM or is Lollipop truly a lot better?

But besides that question, I'm amazed to see you are still actively developing for the V. How's the fundraising for a Z3c going? Or are you gonna skip this one and head straight for the Z4? The Z3c is truly an amazing phone

Anyway, hope to hear from you ( or any other user who has experience with both ROM's for my part :P ) soon.

Isocadia

It's nice to hear from you
My CM12 is a little more optimized and might well have a slightly better battery life (also because of the new kernel features). However, the difference should be really minor (and no ROM can ever make the battery life on Xperia V compete with Z3c )

I really like the new design and features about lollipop, and would for sure recommend trying it.

I think I need a bigger display on my next phone, otherwise I'd clearly choose the Z3c
Currently having a look at some HTC phones, but if the Z4 is nice, I might go for that one.
You know, we XDA people always have a hard time when wondering if we should get a new phone.. Simply because we can push the old hardware far beyond the limits set by manufacturers.
And if course, doing stuff like this is fun, and that's why I continue development

Not sure if I will update NeoWave tho. Too much effort as most present bugs can only be fixed with updated Omni sources. And it's quite time-consuming to develop for a ROM I'm not currently using myself (backup and restore takes lots of time ^^)

16th April 2015, 10:25 AM |#1152  
Thanks Meter: 126

570 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteNeo

It's nice to hear from you
My CM12 is a little more optimized and might well have a slightly better battery life (also because of the new kernel features). However, the difference should be really minor (and no ROM can ever make the battery life on Xperia V compete with Z3c )

I really like the new design and features about lollipop, and would for sure recommend trying it.

I think I need a bigger display on my next phone, otherwise I'd clearly choose the Z3c
Currently having a look at some HTC phones, but if the Z4 is nice, I might go for that one.
You know, we XDA people always have a hard time when wondering if we should get a new phone.. Simply because we can push the old hardware far beyond the limits set by manufacturers.
And if course, doing stuff like this is fun, and that's why I continue development

Not sure if I will update NeoWave tho. Too much effort as most present bugs can only be fixed with updated Omni sources. And it's quite time-consuming to develop for a ROM I'm not currently using myself (backup and restore takes lots of time ^^)

hmmm, i'm having some doubts about you choosing HTC
have you tried to flash a ROM on an HTC device, or try and change a system file? i had an HTC about a year ago as my second phone and boy i was pissed of when the device would revert the changes i made after reboot. they've complicated the stuff by S-OFF/S-ON some kind of a locked unlocked bootloader. even after S-OFF i couldn't change a simple freaking lockscreen sound.
oh, and i've been using HTC since the windows mobile 6.0 era (yeah, that's a very long time ago and when we were porting different resolution Manilla to other devices. Manilla = today's Sense UI )
my advice, please try a device before you get on one. i value you as a great developer/chef and i'd like to see you on a different device, Sony is good though
16th April 2015, 01:16 PM |#1153  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,879

1,995 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by neofral

hmmm, i'm having some doubts about you choosing HTC
have you tried to flash a ROM on an HTC device, or try and change a system file? i had an HTC about a year ago as my second phone and boy i was pissed of when the device would revert the changes i made after reboot. they've complicated the stuff by S-OFF/S-ON some kind of a locked unlocked bootloader. even after S-OFF i couldn't change a simple freaking lockscreen sound.
oh, and i've been using HTC since the windows mobile 6.0 era (yeah, that's a very long time ago and when we were porting different resolution Manilla to other devices. Manilla = today's Sense UI )
my advice, please try a device before you get on one. i value you as a great developer/chef and i'd like to see you on a different device, Sony is good though

Well, my first Android phone was a HTC Desire, before that one I've used a Touch Diamond with Windows Mobile

I do know about the difficulties of HTC regarding s-off and so on. And you're right, Sony is more comfortable regarding this matter.
My choice will depend on the Z4. If that one is awesome, I'll get it. If not, my next phone might well be a One M9. But it will definitely be a flagship product, that for sure.

By the way, thanks for calling me a great dev! Really glad people like my work.
16th April 2015, 02:07 PM |#1154  

570 posts
Quote:

Well, my first Android phone was a HTC Desire, before that one I've used a Touch Diamond with Windows Mobile

I do know about the difficulties of HTC regarding s-off and so on. And you're right, Sony is more comfortable regarding this matter.
My choice will depend on the Z4. If that one is awesome, I'll get it. If not, my next phone might well be a One M9. But it will definitely be a flagship product, that for sure.

you're welcome
you know, i've been around xda for quite a while and have had the chance to use the work of only few great devs that were productive, responsive and most importantly polite
however, it breaks my heart that you're not considering Samsung S6 though. i'm waiting for my S6 edge, i just love the device
but whatever your choice, i'm sure you'll develop some great roms
The Following User Says Thank You to neofral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 09:53 PM |#1155  
Thanks Meter: 32

112 posts
Quote:

Not just a great dev, but genuinely one of the nicest and most helpful person I've met on the V forums. I mean, most of us will probably remember the 4.1.2 ROM made by Danisarandi ( or something like that ), who went complete berserk after a few basic questions xD
But it's a shame I won't be seeing you on the Z3c forums, the amount of batterylife you got out of this ROM ( z3c after a day I have 80% with location on, on this ROM my V lasts till 70% with location off ) has made me wonder how much unused potential there is left in the Z3c.

Anyway, I'm off to downloading your CM12.1 build so I won't be using NeoWave anymore :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Isocadia For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th April 2015, 11:23 PM |#1156  

570 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isocadia

Not just a great dev, but genuinely one of the nicest and most helpful person I've met on the V forums. I mean, most of us will probably remember the 4.1.2 ROM made by Danisarandi ( or something like that ), who went complete berserk after a few basic questions xD
But it's a shame I won't be seeing you on the Z3c forums, the amount of batterylife you got out of this ROM ( z3c after a day I have 80% with location on, on this ROM my V lasts till 70% with location off ) has made me wonder how much unused potential there is left in the Z3c.

Anyway, I'm off to downloading your CM12.1 build so I won't be using NeoWave anymore :P

Sure i remember him
When i tried this rom at first i thought he came back under a different name, but when questions and bugs were solved quickly and politely - than i knew its a different person. And yes i will admit publicly, i keep my V only because of WhiteNeo
P.s. i just flashed 12.1 and i'm surprised yet again by the speed of the rom. Let's see how the battery does in the next couple of days. (I'm not one od those users that give benchmark of battery life after couple of hours after glashing LoL)
The Following User Says Thank You to neofral For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread