[Info] Xperia Tablet Z: The best stock firmware for power and performance

398 posts
Thanks Meter: 393
By najoor, Senior Member on 8th August 2014, 04:49 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
11th November 2014, 09:43 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 284
Originally Posted by LeeC22

You're right, I disabled loads of stuff last night, and the problem frustratingly remains.

I'd ideally downgrade to 4.2, because I think 4.3 is where Sony removed the screenshot option (before cunningly adding it back in 4.4 as a "new feature"), isn't it? I use that a lot, because my eyes aren't that good, and when you hit a website that blocks pinch-zooming, or you get an app that has text that is too small, like Google Earth, I frequently need to capture the screen and zoom in.

Of course, the problem with this solution is that downgrading to a specific rom version, for a specific version of the tablet, in a specific territory, is not that simple. I'll have to spend some time collecting the required files and instructions, then wait for a good day (mentally), to give it a go.

Try flashing 4.4.4 with wipes. It will be practically as fast as 4.3.
3rd September 2015, 01:24 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 226
Originally Posted by najoor

Update, Nov 2014: Sony eventually released Kitkat 4.4.4 with 10.5.1.A.0.283 in late summer and as of the time of this writing has updated that with a limited release of 10.5.1.A.0.292 in Nordic countries. These update are more fluid than 4.4.2 with much less lag in different programs. All Kitkat releases have been plagued by a sever battery drain due to a malfunctioning of Google Play services, which is resolved if you update this app after the firmware installation. It is still slower in Antutu scores and has a shorter battery life compared to 4.3.

And the winner is...

After experimenting with all of these Roms I finally settled on 4.3 update 10.4.1.B.0.109.

Great analysis, based on lengthy research.

@najoor, you can expect that you will do the update based on the conclusions of using android 5.0.2?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread