Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,037 Members 52,155 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Solution For Audio Glitches

Tip us?

Vaggelis AsKyE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default Solution For Audio Glitches

After a lot of research about that KitKat 4.4.2 bug i found the cause of the problem. The audio glitching bug is because of hotplugging of the cpu cores. A common bug, as someone told at Xperia Z forum section. To fix this, disable mp decision through Trickster MOD (Search for it at Play Store). This should fix it. But this also means your cpu no longer shuts off cores when not needed. But it shouldn't affect your battery usage much... At Trickster MOD the Mp Decision is located at "Specific" tab. You ONLY need root to make it work!!! Tested by me!

You can re-enable MusicFX and Sound Enhancement without problem now

P.S. If you restart your tablet you have to disable Mp Decision again cause it will return to the default value.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vaggelis AsKyE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

streetu
Old
Thanks Meter 51
For me, it doesn't work
SONY Xperia Z C6603 /w
SONY Xperia Tablet Z SGP321 /w stock Kit Kat 4.4.2

Vaggelis AsKyE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetu View Post
For me, it doesn't work
Do you have .FLAC music files in your tablet?? Cause the dropouts/music skipping is caused by KitKat native FLAC decoder... You can try to download the PlayerPro music player from Play Store. After install, go to Settings->Audio->Download DSP pack. Install the pack from Play Store, run the installed application and then follow the simple instructions at the second tab (swipe left). Hope it works!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaggelis AsKyE For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

streetu
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Thanks man! Now it works perfectly
SONY Xperia Z C6603 /w
SONY Xperia Tablet Z SGP321 /w stock Kit Kat 4.4.2

gobater
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaggelis AsKyE View Post
After a lot of research about that KitKat 4.4.2 bug i found the cause of the problem. The audio glitching bug is because of hotplugging of the cpu cores. A common bug, as someone told at Xperia Z forum section. To fix this, disable mp decision through Trickster MOD (Search for it at Play Store). This should fix it. But this also means your cpu no longer shuts off cores when not needed. But it shouldn't affect your battery usage much... At Trickster MOD the Mp Decision is located at "Specific" tab. You ONLY need root to make it work!!! Tested by me!

You can re-enable MusicFX and Sound Enhancement without problem now

P.S. If you restart your tablet you have to disable Mp Decision again cause it will return to the default value.

It does not work for me on Spotify or Soundcloud apps. I think the problems appeared after rooting...

Vaggelis AsKyE
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobater View Post
It does not work for me on Spotify or Soundcloud apps. I think the problems appeared after rooting...
If files are in .FLAC format then there is an issue with FLAC decoder. Check the post #3 above!!

gobater
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I found the root cause of my problem. It is related to my /etc/hosts file (~10MB). I guess it is too large (mooab)

Thanks for your support!