Document the Story of Your Social Life with 8tory

The different forms of social media are growing every day. It’s hard to imagine a day … more

Make Calling Your Loved Ones Easier and Cheaper this Diwali

Diwali, or Deepawali as some Indians call it, is the pride and joy of Indian … more

Big Android BBQ 5.0 Recap – XDA TV

This fifth annual Big Android BBQ has come and gone. The speakers have spoke, the sponsors have … more

Microsoft to Counter “OK Google” with Bing Torque

When Microsoft is making apps for Android, users should be aware that something … more

Solution For Audio Glitches

OP Vaggelis AsKyE

29th June 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Kozani
Thanks Meter: 8

30 posts
More
After a lot of research about that KitKat 4.4.2 bug i found the cause of the problem. The audio glitching bug is because of hotplugging of the cpu cores. A common bug, as someone told at Xperia Z forum section. To fix this, disable mp decision through Trickster MOD (Search for it at Play Store). This should fix it. But this also means your cpu no longer shuts off cores when not needed. But it shouldn't affect your battery usage much... At Trickster MOD the Mp Decision is located at "Specific" tab. You ONLY need root to make it work!!! Tested by me!

You can re-enable MusicFX and Sound Enhancement without problem now

P.S. If you restart your tablet you have to disable Mp Decision again cause it will return to the default value.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vaggelis AsKyE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 09:08 PM   |  #2  
Flag Głowno
Thanks Meter: 53

85 posts
More
For me, it doesn't work
30th June 2014, 10:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Kozani

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetu

For me, it doesn't work

Do you have .FLAC music files in your tablet?? Cause the dropouts/music skipping is caused by KitKat native FLAC decoder... You can try to download the PlayerPro music player from Play Store. After install, go to Settings->Audio->Download DSP pack. Install the pack from Play Store, run the installed application and then follow the simple instructions at the second tab (swipe left). Hope it works!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Vaggelis AsKyE For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th June 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #4  
Flag Głowno
Thanks Meter: 53

85 posts
More
Thanks man! Now it works perfectly
27th July 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaggelis AsKyE

After a lot of research about that KitKat 4.4.2 bug i found the cause of the problem. The audio glitching bug is because of hotplugging of the cpu cores. A common bug, as someone told at Xperia Z forum section. To fix this, disable mp decision through Trickster MOD (Search for it at Play Store). This should fix it. But this also means your cpu no longer shuts off cores when not needed. But it shouldn't affect your battery usage much... At Trickster MOD the Mp Decision is located at "Specific" tab. You ONLY need root to make it work!!! Tested by me!

You can re-enable MusicFX and Sound Enhancement without problem now

P.S. If you restart your tablet you have to disable Mp Decision again cause it will return to the default value.

It does not work for me on Spotify or Soundcloud apps. I think the problems appeared after rooting...
27th July 2014, 10:15 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Kozani

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobater

It does not work for me on Spotify or Soundcloud apps. I think the problems appeared after rooting...

If files are in .FLAC format then there is an issue with FLAC decoder. Check the post #3 above!!
28th July 2014, 06:08 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
I found the root cause of my problem. It is related to my /etc/hosts file (~10MB). I guess it is too large (mooab)

Thanks for your support!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia Tablet Z General by ThreadRank