FORUMS

[Q] Bluetooth keyboard connectivity issues

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By ttarpey, Junior Member on 12th February 2015, 09:24 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi there,

I cannot get my Universal Bluetooth Mobile Keyoard to work with my Sony Xperia Tablet Z. Sometimes it will ask for a code, and before I can enter it an error message pops up saying "cannot communicate with device". Other times I am able to enter the code with no errors, however, key presses are not registered at all on the tablet.

The most confusing part about this problem is that my Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard works perfectly well with my tablet. And what's more, when the Wedge keyboard is connected, the bluetooth module in quick settings displays the Wedge kayboard name. While, when the Universal keyboard is connected, the bluetooth module in the quick settings doesn't seem to pick it up. I have also tried using both keyboards with my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0, and both keyboard work fine. Even more confusion!

It's important to note that while trying to connect either device, I've unpaired the other from the tablet. Basically, only one keyboard is paired with my tablet at any given instance. Therefore, this is not the issue.

I've heard that there was a bug in 4.3 Jellybean which caused some connectivity issues with bluetooth devices. My tablet is running a Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 Kit-Kat ROM, so that issue shouldn't be present here (at least, I think...)

Has anyone encountered this problem before, or have a solution?
Cheers!

12th February 2015, 10:12 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 185

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttarpey

Hi there,

I cannot get my Universal Bluetooth Mobile Keyoard to work with my Sony Xperia Tablet Z. Sometimes it will ask for a code, and before I can enter it an error message pops up saying "cannot communicate with device". Other times I am able to enter the code with no errors, however, key presses are not registered at all on the tablet.

The most confusing part about this problem is that my Microsoft Wedge Mobile Keyboard works perfectly well with my tablet. And what's more, when the Wedge keyboard is connected, the bluetooth module in quick settings displays the Wedge kayboard name. While, when the Universal keyboard is connected, the bluetooth module in the quick settings doesn't seem to pick it up. I have also tried using both keyboards with my Nexus 5 running Android 5.0, and both keyboard work fine. Even more confusion!

It's important to note that while trying to connect either device, I've unpaired the other from the tablet. Basically, only one keyboard is paired with my tablet at any given instance. Therefore, this is not the issue.

I've heard that there was a bug in 4.3 Jellybean which caused some connectivity issues with bluetooth devices. My tablet is running a Cyanogenmod 4.4.4 Kit-Kat ROM, so that issue shouldn't be present here (at least, I think...)

Has anyone encountered this problem before, or have a solution?
Cheers!

I think it is an issue of CM. Try stock ROM or CM12.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rootk1t For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th February 2015, 12:17 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rootk1t

I think it is an issue of CM. Try stock ROM or CM12.

Turns out CM was the issue. Running stock 4.4.4 and it works perfectly now! Thank you so much!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread