Ask a question

No registration required

Deep Clean XTZ

OP marlowe310

23rd July 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 21

138 posts
Anybody know the best way to really, I mean REALLY deep clean out the SD Card/Internal Memory of the XTZ? I've been running low on space for a while now, and no amount of SD Maid/Cleaner etc seems to help. I've gone through and deleted everything I can, but frankly I only really see 1-2gb of files, another 1-2gb of TB backups, and then <1 gb of miscellanous app data and what not. Nowhere close to the 16gb, even giving a little leeway for system/os size.

I therefore figure it has to be the internal memory/android secure -- something like that. Can anyone give me a good idea of how I might totally release all that storage?

Alternately, if anybody knows a way to TRULY zero out the XTZ -- rom/software wise -- I'd be willing to completely rebuild my setup from the ground up, just to get a bit more breathing room.

Thanks very much for any assistance/ideas, I really do appreciate it.
25th July 2014, 08:52 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 118

483 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe310

Anybody know the best way to really, I mean REALLY deep clean out the SD Card/Internal Memory of the XTZ? I've been running low on space for a while now, and no amount of SD Maid/Cleaner etc seems to help. I've gone through and deleted everything I can, but frankly I only really see 1-2gb of files, another 1-2gb of TB backups, and then <1 gb of miscellanous app data and what not. Nowhere close to the 16gb, even giving a little leeway for system/os size.

I therefore figure it has to be the internal memory/android secure -- something like that. Can anyone give me a good idea of how I might totally release all that storage?

Alternately, if anybody knows a way to TRULY zero out the XTZ -- rom/software wise -- I'd be willing to completely rebuild my setup from the ground up, just to get a bit more breathing room.

Thanks very much for any assistance/ideas, I really do appreciate it.

Flash firmware with flashtool with all wipes or do wipes via recovery (need to be installed manually). Or you can try factory reset of device.
For stock 16Gb model, ~11Gb are free after clean reflash.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread