Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,356 Members 38,905 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Deep Clean XTZ

Tip us?

marlowe310
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Default Deep Clean XTZ

Anybody know the best way to really, I mean REALLY deep clean out the SD Card/Internal Memory of the XTZ? I've been running low on space for a while now, and no amount of SD Maid/Cleaner etc seems to help. I've gone through and deleted everything I can, but frankly I only really see 1-2gb of files, another 1-2gb of TB backups, and then <1 gb of miscellanous app data and what not. Nowhere close to the 16gb, even giving a little leeway for system/os size.

I therefore figure it has to be the internal memory/android secure -- something like that. Can anyone give me a good idea of how I might totally release all that storage?

Alternately, if anybody knows a way to TRULY zero out the XTZ -- rom/software wise -- I'd be willing to completely rebuild my setup from the ground up, just to get a bit more breathing room.

Thanks very much for any assistance/ideas, I really do appreciate it.

Rootk1t
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlowe310 View Post
Anybody know the best way to really, I mean REALLY deep clean out the SD Card/Internal Memory of the XTZ? I've been running low on space for a while now, and no amount of SD Maid/Cleaner etc seems to help. I've gone through and deleted everything I can, but frankly I only really see 1-2gb of files, another 1-2gb of TB backups, and then <1 gb of miscellanous app data and what not. Nowhere close to the 16gb, even giving a little leeway for system/os size.

I therefore figure it has to be the internal memory/android secure -- something like that. Can anyone give me a good idea of how I might totally release all that storage?

Alternately, if anybody knows a way to TRULY zero out the XTZ -- rom/software wise -- I'd be willing to completely rebuild my setup from the ground up, just to get a bit more breathing room.

Thanks very much for any assistance/ideas, I really do appreciate it.
Flash firmware with flashtool with all wipes or do wipes via recovery (need to be installed manually). Or you can try factory reset of device.
For stock 16Gb model, ~11Gb are free after clean reflash.
Sony Xperia Tablet Z SGP321
Rom: Stock, rooted
Build: 10.5.1.A.0.283
Kernel: Stock
Recovery: XZDualRecovery (CWM+TWRP)
MicroSDHC: SanDisk 32GB Class 10 UHS-I