Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,079 Members 54,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] video unlimited download problem

Tip us?

drgigaherz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] video unlimited download problem

Hi, i have a problem downloading af movie in sony video unlimited in germany. Purchase was fine via SEN. But as soon as i try to download it starts asking wether it should be internal og sd and after that it cancels telling me i'm not connected to the network. Sony is of no help at all.
Has somebody else had this problem? And maybe got a solution?

LordHelmchen138
Old
(Last edited by LordHelmchen138; 15th May 2014 at 11:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Licence check outside Android Permissions ?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgigaherz View Post
Hi, i have a problem downloading af movie in sony video unlimited in germany. Purchase was fine via SEN. But as soon as i try to download it starts asking wether it should be internal og sd and after that it cancels telling me i'm not connected to the network. Sony is of no help at all.
Has somebody else had this problem? And maybe got a solution?
I was just about to post a new thread, but I think this could be closely connected:
Redeemed free movie offer from Xperia Lounge and went on to downlaod from Sony's "Videos" app. After selecting target SD card for the download, two things happened: Videos stated "License could not be verified" (and no download started). Afwall+ showed toast msg about a connection attempt from "1090 (null)".
It seems that the App tries to initiate an internet connection from an unnamed app/task instead of through a task that actually identifiesitself and has android os permission to access the internet. Thus, there's no app in afwall+s list that can be whitelisted (and, for reasons that elude me, no entry in the firewall log).
Sony chat support advised to "deinstall the firewall" (yeah, right ) and, even when explicitely asked how one could trust the phone's handling of private data when it tries to initiate an internet connection outside of the android os permission framework, stated they could not give support about the interactions between preinstalled and third-party apps. While I had hoped otherwise, that was to be expected and nothing I would hold against the poor first level support chatter, who probaly did not even grok why I thought anything was wrong

As expected, disabling afwall allowed the download to initiate. It seems that reenabling the FW once the download had started will allow to finish the download, but I cannot confirm that yet (as it apparently only resumes dling while the film actually watched?).
EDIT: I was wrong, the file was just too big for the progress bar to move at noticeable speed. dl at 50% with reenabled afwall...

So while the symptom can be remedied easily and with tractaly short compromizes to security, the implications are much worse: As afwall lists all apps that have requested internet permission, and this is not whitelistable, sony attempts to transfer data without even requesting android permission. It's a pity that i cannot tell afwall to popup and ask on unknown connection attempts to "allow once" ... And without an app to be associated with the connection attempt, I doubt that Xprivacy could intercept it...

danycagiva
Old
Thanks Meter 20

DONATE TO ME
Default Bootloader?

I also got this problem. Right now it seems that the problem is the bootloader unlock. Ive unlocked my bootloader to install twrp. After that it gave me the same error. I dont know why this happens but somehow this is a xperia wide problem.
I also own a xperia z. Ive unlocked it after i got it. And there it is: The Same Error. Relocking bootloader isnt fixing anything.

Did you also unlock the bootloader? Or am i the only one.
Google+ StepOS

My knowledge:
HTML5, CSS3, Javascript, PHP, MySQL, Java

Android:
Google: Nexus 7 (OLD)
Samsung: Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 10.1
Lenovo: Ideapad K1
Sony: Xperia Play, Tablet P, Xperia Z, Tablet Z

Windows Phone:
LG Optimus 7 E900
Nokia: Lumia 800, Lumia 520, Lumia 925

Apple: Iphone 4, Ipad 2

drgigaherz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes I also unlocked the bootloader (and relocked) .... And haven't got further with any solution

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk

drgigaherz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Has anybody got a solution to this problem?

Sendt fra min GT-I9305 med Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

GretaLewd
Old
Thanks Meter 190
When you unlock the bootloader, the "TA Partition" gets wiped. This partition contains all the Sony DRM Keys, so if the TA Partition is wiped, you've lost the Sony DRM keys and you will not be able to download or watch content from Sony.

To avoid this problem, you should back up the TA partition before unlocking the bootloader, so after unlocking the bootloader you can restore the TA partition and get your DRM keys back.

If you have not backed up the TA partition and unlocked the bootloader, then your DRM keys are gone forever and you cannot download content from Sony.

I had exactly this problem
Phone : Sony Xperia Z2 running stock Sony kitkat 4.4.2
Tablet : Xperia Tablet Z (311, 16GB WiFi only), back to Sony (KK 4.4.2) ROM for a try!

LordHelmchen138
Old
Thanks Meter 0
For completeness sake: bootloader was not unlocked here (as probably evidenced by the fact that without firewall, the movie did download)

Sent from my D5503 using XDA Free mobile app

Tags
network, video unlimited