Quote:
Originally Posted by pollonamid

nice to hear. What host rom do you use?

Stock rom.
15th February 2015, 11:54 PM   |  #103  
Thanks Meter: 85

140 posts
More
Thanks @pollonamid for such a good work! I've been reading the thread and haven't seen clear info about this:

I'm currently running 10.5.1.A.0.283 rooted stock firmware with dual recovery by NUT on my pollux_windy. I'd like to have CM12 as secondary. Would these steps be correct?
  • In fastboot flash boot_stock_windy.img
  • Boot to recovery and flash multirom-20150215-v31x-UNOFFICIAL-pollux_windy.zip
  • Reboot to recovery and flash CM12 and GApps.
I guess I'd lose dual recovery after doing it, right? Please, let me know if I'm on the right path. Thanks a lot for your guidance!
16th February 2015, 01:26 AM   |  #104  
OP Member
Flag Dresden
Thanks Meter: 151

90 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanliang-

Thanks @pollonamid for such a good work! I've been reading the thread and haven't seen clear info about this:

I'm currently running 10.5.1.A.0.283 rooted stock firmware with dual recovery by NUT on my pollux_windy. I'd like to have CM12 as secondary. Would these steps be correct?

• In fastboot flash boot_stock_windy.img
  • Boot to recovery and flash multirom-20150215-v31x-UNOFFICIAL-pollux_windy.zip
  • Reboot to recovery and flash CM12 and GApps.
I guess I'd lose dual recovery after doing it, right? Please, let me know if I'm on the right path. Thanks a lot for your guidance!

Yes. Should work like that. Installing CM in recovery is then advanced-> multirom-> add rom.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pollonamid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th February 2015, 04:29 PM   |  #105  
Thanks Meter: 85

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollonamid

Yes. Should work like that. Installing CM in recovery is then advanced-> multirom-> add rom.

I've finally managed to to install Multirom on pollux_windy.

I followed these steps:
  • In fastboot mode flash boot_stock_windy.img
  • Reboot the device and entered to recovery and flash multirom-20150215-v31x-UNOFFICIAL-pollux_windy.zip
In this part I got an error when trying to flash the multirom zip
Code:
script aborted assert failed: getprop("ro.product.device") == "pollux_windy" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "pollux_windy"
SOLUTION pollux_windy: I opened in my computer the multirom zip file using 7-zip (WinRAR works too) and went to this path /META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script. Right click that updater-script file and then Edit. Notepad opened and I erased all this:
Code:
assert(getprop("ro.product.device") == "pollux_windy" || getprop("ro.build.product") == "pollux_windy");
Saved the file, closed Notepad and the zip got updated. Do not extract the contents to do this, do it all inside the zip.

Now the zip installed perfectly and continued:
  • Reboot to recovery and in Advanced -> Multirom -> Add ROM -> Here you flash your new ROM.
  • Then Advanced -> Multirom -> List ROMs -> Here you select your new ROM, then -> Flash Zip -> Here you flash GApps.
And that's it, reboot and then you'll be able to select what ROM to boot! I hope this helped.
17th February 2015, 08:59 PM   |  #106  
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 425

720 posts
Donate to Me
More
I got black screen when trying to boot cm12 nightlies as a secondary rom. Primary rom runs just fine!
22nd February 2015, 04:59 PM   |  #107  
Thanks Meter: 614

584 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by monivan

I got black screen when trying to boot cm12 nightlies as a secondary rom. Primary rom runs just fine!

i would try to reinstall it again as second rom...the newer build works fine. have beening test things and multirom always make it easier for me
Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app
Last edited by skiwong20; 22nd February 2015 at 05:20 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread