Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,233 Members 51,153 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Brodit In Car Mount

Tip us?

MedicalFlyer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Talking Brodit In Car Mount

Not seen too many toys to go with the S yet but thought I'd have a look on the Brodit site and look what I found :)

Passive and active holders:
http://www.brodit.com/productList.ht...eria+S&pn=prod
Now if only I could afford a car to go with my Xperia when I get one

That with one of their proclips and I'd be very happy I think.

Also spotted PDair cases that look okay. Fingers crossed for an Otterbox Commuter - surely with a big enough flap in the silicon it would allow the flaps on the phone to open as well. The Otterbox on my Desire Z is probably the only reason it's still alive and scratch free - it's been bashed into just about everything without a mark on it.
Previous Phones:
Motorola MicroTAC, SE T310, Nokia 7650, SE P900, SE P990i, HTC Universal
Nokia N96, HTC Hero, HTC Desire Z, Samsung I5500, Sony Xperia S
Current Phones:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

Abandoned-Trolley
Old
Thanks Meter 34
I've ended up modifying my Griffin Smartphone Holder I had originally bought it for my Xperia Arc which was a snug fit. Sadly the S was just too big for it. I ended up unscrewing the back and then taking apart, using some superglue to hold hte two pieces together to allow enough height for the S to fit in. Works perfectly and has a nice minimal design, unlike a lot of holders out there.

footyfanatic
Old
Thanks Meter 60
Thank you this has reminded me, I kept checking the Brodit website and waiting for the Xperia S to show up, I almost starting looking for generic crappy ones

I can finally order one

3Shirts
Old
Thanks Meter 285
Holy ****! They actually took my suggestion to make it slide in sideways so the plug would go on. That said, they might have thought of that already, but I'll pretend it was my idea
Get 2GB Free online storage at DropBox and help me get a little extra too. Thanks.

Sander
Old
Thanks Meter 0
€75 for a carholder :S Damn...
T-mobile MDA Compact (Jam/Magician)
T-mobile MDA Touch
T-mobile MDA Vario II
T-mobile MDA Vario IV
HTC HD2

MedicalFlyer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sander View Post
75 for a carholder :S Damn...
Wait for them to spread around a bit and you can usually get them at a more reasonable price, often on ebay. They normally end up making one that doesn't need to be hard wired and uses a 12v adapter - these used to be a bit cheaper if I remember.
Previous Phones:
Current Phones:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact

3Shirts
Old
Thanks Meter 285
They are a bit pricey because each one is made to fit the precise phone. There is no comparison though. No universal holder comes even close to the quality of Brodit stuff
Get 2GB Free online storage at DropBox and help me get a little extra too. Thanks.

vincentenlaila
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Im not quite familiar with side slide in holders
(allthough the abscence of a active holder almost made me skip this phone, so i'm glad there is one available)

But how does this work with the little lid on top of the micro USB? do you have to open it and slide it in the holder? where does the lid go? does it hinge out or is it a slide of some sort?

Or do you have to get rid of the lid? and is this possible without making it a permanent solution?

Just curious before I order mine, especially with draining batteries an active holder in my car takes care of charging 2x a day for 45 mins. And takes care of the main drawback of smartphones.

Cholek3
Old
Thanks Meter 75
I am after that. I know it is nothing special, but I had the same for X10 and it is very sturdy. Great for recording videos whilst driving.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306580565...84.m1423.l2649

MedicalFlyer
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentenlaila View Post
Or do you have to get rid of the lid? and is this possible without making it a permanent solution?
From the videos I've seen of the phone it looks like the cover poops open and then can be moved round a little (check youtube). Brodit usually design their powered mounts quite well so there should be enough room for the flap to be out of the way whit the phone in place. It may not look too tidy but it will be functional. If you wait a bit they usually make one that doesn't need to be hard wired into your cars electrics. Or if you know how you could probably fit a 12v adapter on the cable without any issues.

I last had one of these for my HTC Universal and it never moved while in use.
Previous Phones:
Current Phones:
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact