Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,210 Members 49,057 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Batch 12W16 revision ABAE on sale in China

Tip us?
 
richteralan
Old
#1  
richteralan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 738
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Aug 2010
Default Batch 12W16 revision ABAE on sale in China

Let's hope this batch has the new LCD screen and picked up by eBay seller too!

lol



Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1204222136a1ec2e73340e01fb.jpg
Views:	1015
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	1030065   Click image for larger version

Name:	1204222135080c30f53244fed7.jpg
Views:	959
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1030066  
RASTAKAT + Franco
 
fsrkewd
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jun 2008
I wish those online retailers would tell us which batch are they selling!
 
richteralan
Old
#3  
richteralan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 738
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrkewd View Post
I wish those online retailers would tell us which batch are they selling!
I asked some ebay seller and some of them are willing to do this.

So you should try it.
RASTAKAT + Franco
 
fsrkewd
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 155
Join Date: Jun 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by richteralan View Post
I asked some ebay seller and some of them are willing to do this.

So you should try it.
Great advice! I will go ahead and ask those sellers then. Thanks
 
richteralan
Old
#5  
richteralan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 738
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsrkewd View Post
Great advice! I will go ahead and ask those sellers then. Thanks
AFAIK, most of them have the first batch, i.e. 12W08~12W10, rev AAAB.
RASTAKAT + Franco
 
ARC X12
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 94
Join Date: May 2011
I don't think that knowing the batch or week where it comes from would be of any help since Sony hasnt given any clear cut-off or official statement on when or what batch we need to find to have a defect-free screen.
 
richteralan
Old
#7  
richteralan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 738
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC X12 View Post
I don't think that knowing the batch or week where it comes from would be of any help since Sony hasnt given any clear cut-off or official statement on when or what batch we need to find to have a defect-free screen.
Sony hasn't directly provided any info.

But there are leaked repair center docs indicating it is hardware related and how to determine the problem

It's been posted here before.
RASTAKAT + Franco
 
ARC X12
Old
#8  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 94
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by richteralan View Post
Sony hasn't directly provided any info.

But there are leaked repair center docs indicating it is hardware related and how to determine the problem

It's been posted here before.
Yes this is the problem because Sony hasnt provided us with any clear info. Its very clear that its a hardware issue and its also easy to determine if it has it or not. But what i am after is to know on what batch is it safe to buy the Xperia S. I already bought one and sold it because i cannot claim warranty because it was a grey import. I would want to buy again but i want to make sure that it does not have that problem anymore since its really a hassle to exchange it when the problem occurrs. I am located in the Philippines and excahnges here are really a hassle and most Sony reps here are ignorant of the problem.
 
richteralan
Old
#9  
richteralan's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 738
Posts: 1,699
Join Date: Aug 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARC X12 View Post
Yes this is the problem because Sony hasnt provided us with any clear info. Its very clear that its a hardware issue and its also easy to determine if it has it or not. But what i am after is to know on what batch is it safe to buy the Xperia S. I already bought one and sold it because i cannot claim warranty because it was a grey import. I would want to buy again but i want to make sure that it does not have that problem anymore since its really a hassle to exchange it when the problem occurrs. I am located in the Philippines and excahnges here are really a hassle and most Sony reps here are ignorant of the problem.
Good luck waiting for Sony providing the specific info you want.

I read the repair center doc and know that I want a revision AB phone, 12W15.
RASTAKAT + Franco
 
ARC X12
Old
#10  
Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 94
Join Date: May 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by richteralan View Post
Good luck waiting for Sony providing the specific info you want.

I read the repair center doc and know that I want a revision AB phone, 12W15.
In this case, then when i would buy, i will look for this specific batch. By the way, how was it stated in the repair center doc that convinced you to look for this specific batch?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Give Your Screen Some Color with HexaTime Live Wallpaper

We don’t often cover very many live wallpapers here on the XDA Portal. You may … more

Android Wear App Review: Command Google Now with Commandr – XDA Developer TV

OK Google. Make Me a sandwich. How many times have you … more

Play Your Hits and Learn the Lyrics with NextGen Music Player

There are plenty of music players for Android available in Play Store. They … more

Control Your Toast Notifications with SlicedToasts

Toasts are delicious, even in their Android flavor. In Android, toast doesn’t lead … more