Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,170 Members 49,079 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera shootout

Tip us?

SEFanX10i
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Default Camera shootout

Quite strange that they declared the Xperia S to be the worst performer in the group and said:

Quote:
But, it does look like the 12.1MP Sony Xperia S is the least impressive of the four devices, even with its megapixel superiority. The poorer quality can possibly be attributed to its lower cost and hence, cheaper hardware

http://www.androidauthority.com/xper...a-fight-90384/

18lama
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Watch out for even more "fanboy" reviews to popup.

sonic_boom
Old
Thanks Meter 76
I have seen this article yesterday, I dont know what's going on but. I had chance to play with IPhone 4g and HTC ONE X cameras and I have to say that my SONY XPERIA S is the winner. Whoever made this macro picture with bananas for XPS _ completely f **** it. For me this looks like an anti -Sony competition ...

Sent from my LT26i using XDA

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SONY XPERIA S TELESCOPE ADAPTER (YouTube)
OTG MODE AND CHARGING AT THE SAME TIME (YouTube)
SONY ERICSSON XPERIA PLAY VS SONY XPERIA S AUDIO QUALITY PLAYBACK (YouTube)

--->>> MY WEBSITE

shmoejoe
Old
Thanks Meter 86
Hmm...

I always take these photo reviews with a grain of salt. It is really the reviewers who make/break these sort of reviews.

He doesn't say whether he uses Auto-Mode, or anything like that. With standard settings I feel you aren't even capable of reviewing a camera properly...they leave it all up to the auto-mode to decide what settings to use.

Oh well, I know my Xperia S takes amazing pictures in comparison to most of those devices, that's all that matters to me, regardless of the random negative reviews here and there .
SE MW600 Bluetooth

Motorola Razr > Blackberry Pearl :/ > X1i > X10i > Xperia S!!!

Xperia S Junk Apps List

If you find my posts useful, don't be afraid to thank me

SEFanX10i
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
True. I am surprised to see such horrible photos taken with the Xperia S. XS can do much better than what the author managed. Pretty sure he used auto mode and didn't let the phone focus properly. Or maybe messed up the settings to make it seem worse.

ckfamily
Old
Thanks Meter 2
well
XS camera is great and compare to my previous SGS 2, XS has fast focus and fast shutter speed.. even the color is better

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1...54225338739793

tel033
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Have you already tried any photos with low light.. they are pretty noisy i think the flash its not very good .. i mean my satio did better

waiflih
Old
Thanks Meter 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by tel033 View Post
Have you already tried any photos with low light.. they are pretty noisy i think the flash its not very good .. i mean my satio did better
That seems to be a software problem

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
Hit the "Thanks" button if I was helpful

optik19918
Old
Thanks Meter 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoejoe View Post
Hmm...

I always take these photo reviews with a grain of salt. It is really the reviewers who make/break these sort of reviews.

He doesn't say whether he uses Auto-Mode, or anything like that. With standard settings I feel you aren't even capable of reviewing a camera properly...they leave it all up to the auto-mode to decide what settings to use.

Oh well, I know my Xperia S takes amazing pictures in comparison to most of those devices, that's all that matters to me, regardless of the random negative reviews here and there .
fully agree there is full of fanboys with no respect for the tecnology look at this video for example
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A33-6...eature=related

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

a4rocks
Old
Thanks Meter 140
Bad review I must say. I wonder if companies are paying reviewers to bash another company's product and make them less appealing. I find the iPhone 4S pics quite colour accurate but the Xperia S has much more detail and gives me perfect pictures. I seem to use my dSLR less since I got the S. I don't like HTC One X's camera. Just not as good. One reason I didn't consider it. Though I am not sure about S3. If it's close to S2's camera unit, I can crown my Xperia S as the winner

Sent from my wonderful Xperia S
If I have helped you, just thank me

LG Google Nexus 4
Stock ROM and kernel

Sony Xperia L C2104
Stock ROM and kernel (Rooted thanks to Doomlord's exploit)

Previous Phones: Sony Xperia S, HTC 8S, Sony Ericsson Xperia arc S, Xperia Ray, Samsung Galaxy S II, BlackBerry Bold 9700

Ich bin ein gutes deutsche Sprecher