Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,979 Members 46,338 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Capacitive buttons response

Tip us?

Cholek3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Default Capacitive buttons response

Right, the reason I have started this thread is, I see some discomfort using Back capacitive button. I am not complaining that buttons don't respond to touch, they do. All 3 of them.

Let me give you an example: I am playing with the phone, doing something on the screen. After, let's say few minutes, I want to go back, so I touch Back button, but it does not respond. I press few more times and eventually it registers. Some people would say "hit and miss" or "there is an issue with capacitive buttons". I say no, because I am touching it there, where I supposed to, also once it start registering, every time I press it, it registers (I have haptic feedback on, so I know it works). I have problems only, when I am not touching capacitive buttons for some time.

I hope I explained this well. I think this is, what in some reviews has been described as "hit and miss" or "capacitive buttons not register". Do you have the same problem? If yes, why is that happening? Is it software or hardware?

doministry
Old
Thanks Meter 169
I don't have this problem because I realised that the most sensitive and best working area
for left/right button isactually in the inside space rather than exactly on those little points.
So once I press slightly to the middle, it works. It requires also a little longer press.
a w a r e
SE P800 P910 P990 P1 X1 X2 X10 LG E900 Xperia Arc X10 Mini Sony Xperia S, Xperia T, Xperia Z
The Following User Says Thank You to doministry For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cholek3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Ok, I will try that.

wally3614
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 3923

DONATE TO ME
I do agree on the buttons. Probably the only thing to get used to, but one you do, no phone like it period! This is sick an amazing phone it is rediculous

Nimche
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
The back button on my phone @ left corner is actually the best out of the three. and maybe I feel the same way about the middle "HOME" button where it registers little higher than the other two. actually I have hit it few times accidentally while I was trying to push the space bar on keyboard.
But every time I felt the haptic feedback, button worked.
Sent from my White Sony Xperia Z1 (C6906) while typing right to left
--------------------------------------------------
Android 4.3

(a)Flash Junky

augie7107
Old
Thanks Meter 152
I am happy with the performance of the buttons. It seems like they work like the power and eject buttons on the PS3. They respond when you remove your finger.

Sent from my SO-02D using xda premium

awf
Old
Thanks Meter 27
The only thing I have to get used to...
Almost no extra hits anymore...
One touch is most of the times correct registered :(

Sent from my Sony Xperia S (LT26i)

Cholek3
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 75
Right, so by looks of it, there is no issue. Something I have to get used to. Thanks a lot guys. I also hope it will help future buyers as well.

GalaxyS2R
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I have not had any problems with the capacitive buttons so far and tbh i prefer them to hardware buttons like on the arc/play etc
The Following User Says Thank You to GalaxyS2R For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pixate
Old
Thanks Meter 3
No problems here. They are better than the one's on a Samsung galaxy s2.

The Following User Says Thank You to pixate For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]