5,604,730 Members 32,455 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]Should I change to the Xperia S From One X?

Tip us?

Goobacks
Old
Thanks Meter 139

DONATE TO ME
I love my xperia s, have no issues so far, and no yellow that I can tell. But that said I want a one x to play with. So if anybody wants to trade for my xperia s let me know lol

Sent from my LT26i using xda premium

ItsMyMama
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DooMLoRD View Post
well i would suggest u first check what u want in a device... if u want a brilliant screen great camera and dont worry too much about "tons of custom roms" then the obvious choice is Xperia S...

what are u looking for in the device?

i have 12w11 and dont have yellow tint issues...

battery life of the One X is HORRIBLE... even though it has 1800mAh battery it suck it like crazy... i got fedup and gave the One X to my bro to use

to be honest the camera and screen of Xperia S are WAY better than One X

Android cant take full advantage of the hardware... just recently it has started using dual-cores properly...

very good decision!

the video regarding browser is not accurate

quad core is a HUGE battery hog... even while calling the device HEATS up a LOT!!!
I wouldnt care a lot about custom ROMs. Though its fun to flash

What I'm looking for:
-Nice screen
-Battery life thats decent (HOX cant even read the battery properly)
-Nice camera
-Nice deisgn
-Fast web browsing.

So whats your opinion on this? I noticed you have both since you made a kernel for the hox and xs.

Thanks

Matt1408
Old
Thanks Meter 91
The One X is a beautiful phone. Better processor, LTE, "unibody" construction. Unfortunately the Canadian version of the phone is only in white, and I do not want that. I've only seen the HSPA+ ones available for import so that bugged me too.

In the end, I bought the Canadian XPERIA S for 499. Which is going to be cheaper than importing the One X.
Legacy: kovsky . passion . pyramid . nozomi . evita . mako . hammerhead

K900
Old
Thanks Meter 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMyMama View Post
I wouldnt care a lot about custom ROMs. Though its fun to flash

What I'm looking for:
-Nice screen
-Battery life thats decent (HOX cant even read the battery properly)
-Nice camera
-Nice deisgn
-Fast web browsing.

So whats your opinion on this? I noticed you have both since you made a kernel for the hox and xs.

Thanks
The screen on the XPS is better than the One X in pixel density, but some say it is not as good in contrast/color. For me it is much better then the overkill AMOLED on Samsungs. Battery life is better by a margin on the XPS, mostly because of less cores and less HTC Sense. The camera is hands down better on the XPS, Sony has years of experience in digital imaging. The design is your personal choice. I like both phones though, they're just different. The browser is great on the XPS and it has the WebGL patchset Sony developed, which allows it to run 3D graphics inside the page.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
For the love of Haruhi, don't PM me with questions. There are Q&A forums for that.

emorej
Old
Thanks Meter 44
The battery of one x has improve a lot since they released frimware 1.28 last week,and on standby the phone is the best overnight i lost 3% only after i fully charge it.im getting max of 22
Hrs on my battery now

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

GT35pro
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Check the One X forum section. They have lots of quality control issues, from yellow tint to flickering screens to faulty batteries.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by emorej View Post
The battery of one x has improve a lot since they released frimware 1.28 last week,and on standby the phone is the best overnight i lost 3% only after i fully charge it.im getting max of 22
Hrs on my battery now

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA
Did you use it?
MOTOROLA MILESTONE ICS 4.0.4 (cm9) - deceased
SONY XPERIA S ICS 4.0.4 STOCK - sold
ASUS TRANSFORMER TF101 cm10
HDC G9300
Goo phone i5 N2 (lte)
HDC MEGA / MAGE

http://gt35pro-mobile-gadgets.blogspot.com

ItsMyMama
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by K900 View Post
The screen on the XPS is better than the One X in pixel density, but some say it is not as good in contrast/color. For me it is much better then the overkill AMOLED on Samsungs. Battery life is better by a margin on the XPS, mostly because of less cores and less HTC Sense. The camera is hands down better on the XPS, Sony has years of experience in digital imaging. The design is your personal choice. I like both phones though, they're just different. The browser is great on the XPS and it has the WebGL patchset Sony developed, which allows it to run 3D graphics inside the page.

I guess I should try a demo then. And I agree about AMOLED. Had the sgs2, comparing it to the one x, it exaggerates the colors, doesn't feel natural.

@GT35prp

My set luckily doesn't have any flickering issues. The yellow tint is also really minor. Though I agree on the battery part..

belek1979
Old
Thanks Meter 25
the point is when HTC One X switch from one core to quad cores? if only when playing games or running specific apps then usual using of phone would be very slow
Nokia 5110... HTC HD, HD2 & ONE, iPhone 3G, 4 & 5, Sony Xperia S

K900
Old
Thanks Meter 2203
Quote:
Originally Posted by belek1979 View Post
the point is when HTC One X switch from one core to quad cores? if only when playing games or running specific apps then usual using of phone would be very slow
I don't have a Tegra 3 phone, but I spent some time with the dev board on Linux. Mostly it uses the coprocessor when the device is sleeping or when the load is very low. It engages two cores when under average load and only uses the remaining two when the two are overloaded.

For the love of Haruhi, don't PM me with questions. There are Q&A forums for that.

abd_alazeez2002
Old
Thanks Meter 46
i think it all depend on u
what u really expect from one of both phones