Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Connect Xperia S to ps3 via WiFi?

OP graffus

30th April 2012, 09:45 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 5

59 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchling

USB2.0 can not and will never support 720p. Its just too slow. Its for that reason that apple have developed thunderbolt.

It's funny that you said that, considering people have been stream video/music over their 3G connection, which is way slower than USB2.0 or wifi. And I believe many people also watch 1080 video from youtube over their 3G too!

I think it's quite possible, considering PS3 can read files on PC over lan as media server, maybe we need an app to make XS acts as a media server? Just a suggestion.
30th April 2012, 10:14 AM   |  #12  
Flag Bedford
Thanks Meter: 310

1,466 posts
More
Have you tried this: http://www.prosyst.com/media/MediaSe...rver-Docu.html

I am not at home to test it on my PS3 but it looks like it should do the job
30th April 2012, 11:04 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 18

64 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts

yes i think that it will work, and there are other 2 or 3 similar apps. The thing that would be very cool would be to develop an app, starting from apps like these, that emulate the behavior that the phone and device have when connected via HDMI. With the phone like control surface too. Maybe this is impossibile
30th April 2012, 12:26 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 28

97 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchling

Dont contradict if you dont know what you're talking about.

Your USB2.0 connection to your HDD is transmitting DATA to the TV. The tv generates the actual video signal then displays it. Same way you stick a usb key in your PS3, the video signal goes over HDMI.

Its not possible.

Dont contradict if you dont know what you're talking about.
Read more article about DLNA before giving your own opinion without any backup .
30th April 2012, 12:29 PM   |  #15  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 72

407 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima888

It's funny that you said that, considering people have been stream video/music over their 3G connection, which is way slower than USB2.0 or wifi. And I believe many people also watch 1080 video from youtube over their 3G too!

I think it's quite possible, considering PS3 can read files on PC over lan as media server, maybe we need an app to make XS acts as a media server? Just a suggestion.

Again, these are DATA streams, not video. The 3G connection is "transferring a file" per say, not 1280x720 pixels every 50th or 60th of a second(with a few ms delay btw, while 3g connections get around 75ms+ ping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts

DNLA is a great protocol and there are many apps the both host and client, but this isnt what the OP was talking about.

You could use some form of RDP(Remote desktop) but performance sucks such cases, and I presume you'd have to hack your PS3 to put a client on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread