Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,719 Members 38,170 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Connect Xperia S to ps3 via WiFi?

Tip us?

ultima888
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchling View Post
USB2.0 can not and will never support 720p. Its just too slow. Its for that reason that apple have developed thunderbolt.

It's funny that you said that, considering people have been stream video/music over their 3G connection, which is way slower than USB2.0 or wifi. And I believe many people also watch 1080 video from youtube over their 3G too!

I think it's quite possible, considering PS3 can read files on PC over lan as media server, maybe we need an app to make XS acts as a media server? Just a suggestion.

3Shirts
Old
Thanks Meter 284
Have you tried this: http://www.prosyst.com/media/MediaSe...rver-Docu.html

I am not at home to test it on my PS3 but it looks like it should do the job
Get 2GB Free online storage at DropBox and help me get a little extra too. Thanks.

graffus
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post

yes i think that it will work, and there are other 2 or 3 similar apps. The thing that would be very cool would be to develop an app, starting from apps like these, that emulate the behavior that the phone and device have when connected via HDMI. With the phone like control surface too. Maybe this is impossibile

xerox89
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchling View Post
Dont contradict if you dont know what you're talking about.

Your USB2.0 connection to your HDD is transmitting DATA to the TV. The tv generates the actual video signal then displays it. Same way you stick a usb key in your PS3, the video signal goes over HDMI.

Its not possible.
Dont contradict if you dont know what you're talking about.
Read more article about DLNA before giving your own opinion without any backup .

Scratchling
Old
Thanks Meter 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultima888 View Post
It's funny that you said that, considering people have been stream video/music over their 3G connection, which is way slower than USB2.0 or wifi. And I believe many people also watch 1080 video from youtube over their 3G too!

I think it's quite possible, considering PS3 can read files on PC over lan as media server, maybe we need an app to make XS acts as a media server? Just a suggestion.
Again, these are DATA streams, not video. The 3G connection is "transferring a file" per say, not 1280x720 pixels every 50th or 60th of a second(with a few ms delay btw, while 3g connections get around 75ms+ ping).

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shirts View Post

DNLA is a great protocol and there are many apps the both host and client, but this isnt what the OP was talking about.

You could use some form of RDP(Remote desktop) but performance sucks such cases, and I presume you'd have to hack your PS3 to put a client on it.

:: Oppo Find 7 QHD, ColorOS 1.2.2:: Daily Driver
:: Samsung GS3, Stock 4.1.2 Rooted:: -Bust-
:: Sony Xperia S, 4.0.4 Stock(6.1.A.2.55, Rooted) ::
:: SE X10i, FXP123(Cyanogen) 2.3, Rooted ::
:: Dropad A8, Genesis 3.2(Cyanogen GB Based) ::
:: SE X8, FroyoBread 23b :: - Runt of the litter