Release Dates for Xperia S & All Shipping Posts Here.

Search This thread

Imdking

Apr 23, 2009
Columbus, OH
Traditionally, ...i models did not have the 850MHz or 1900MHz bands needed by U.S. carriers. But the Xperia S already has them, so, no need for LT26a.

microJUBEI

Oct 11, 2011
Confirmed if shipping from Newegg/Sonystyle with ICS?

according to sonystore web site it ships with ICS

Software
Internet Services : Android 2.3 Browser (based on WebKit)2
Gaming : PlayStation® Certified, 3D games, Motion gaming
Operating System : Google Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
Other Preloaded Applications : Xperia Timescape, Android Market, Google Mail, Google Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude, Google Talk with video chat, Google Calendar, Google Gallery 3D, Google Voice Search, YouTube, Facebook, Facebook inside, Twitter, TrackID2
Processor : 1.5 GHz Qualcomm MSM8260 Dual Core

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/st...&productId=8198552921666472564#specifications

Last edited:

microJUBEI

Oct 11, 2011
I order the USA version of the xperia s from Newegg. It will be here tomorrow and I cant wait :)

please leave a review, debating on whether to go with newegg or sonystore---newegg is less but i want a 1 year US warranty that i know i get with sony store purchase- plus i want to know the accessories that you get with the newegg xperia (hoping hdmi or smart tags or both!!!)

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
please leave a review, debating on whether to go with newegg or sonystore---newegg is less but i want a 1 year US warranty that i know i get with sony store purchase- plus i want to know the accessories that you get with the newegg xperia (hoping hdmi or smart tags or both!!!)

With the Newegg one you don't get any extra accessories. You also get an ep800 not an ep850, but that seems to be the norm. This is my 4th Xperia S, the first 2 I had gotten around release and had yellow tint. The first one came with an ep850 and an hdmi cable. The second one came with ep800 and no accessories. The third one I got was from Germany and it came with 2 smart tags but not an hdmi or ep850. I think the earlier ones got more extras but now they have phased them out. If you look at the Sony Store one, you will notice it does not list anything extra in the package either so I doubt those will come with anything extra. Also if you buy at Newegg you will still get a 1 year warranty because Newegg is an authorized Sony retailer. I got mine from Newegg.

microJUBEI

Oct 11, 2011
With the Newegg one you don't get any extra accessories. You also get an ep800 not an ep850, but that seems to be the norm. This is my 4th Xperia S, the first 2 I had gotten around release and had yellow tint. The first one came with an ep850 and an hdmi cable. The second one came with ep800 and no accessories. The third one I got was from Germany and it came with 2 smart tags but not an hdmi or ep850. I think the earlier ones got more extras but now they have phased them out. If you look at the Sony Store one, you will notice it does not list anything extra in the package either so I doubt those will come with anything extra. Also if you buy at Newegg you will still get a 1 year warranty because Newegg is an authorized Sony retailer. I got mine from Newegg.

ok, thanks...i see with the sony store you get the headphones and thats it

In the Box
USB Cable (EC600L)
Stereo Headset (MH650c)
e-Manual
USB Charger (EP800)
Quick Start Guide

wonder if those are the same headphone you get with the newegg order

Last edited:

mrsatan

Jul 12, 2009
SLC
Newegg sucks ass don't buy from them. They have the worst customer service. I have a problem with the battery on my new Xperia S and they make you go through the manufacturer even though they have stated on their website that they deal with it.

The guy even answered my replies with ":)". What are they, twelve years old. I at least expect professional service.

Last edited:

samven582

Aug 15, 2010
Newegg sucks ass don't buy from them. They have the worst customer service. I have a problem with the battery on my new Xperia S and they make you go through the manufacturer even though they have stated on their website that they deal with it.

The guy even answered my replies with ":)". What are they, twelve years old. I at least expect professional service.

did they replace your phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Guys,
    Lets maintain this thread to know the release date of Xperia S across the globe, let us know once any confirmed news is out, I will update the OP.
    As of now I know the release date of UK.

Countries: Release Date
    Australia: AVAILABLE
    Bahrain: AVAILABLE
    Belgium: AVAILABLE
    Denmark: AVAILABLE
    Hongkong: AVAILABLE
    Ireland: AVAILABLE
    Italy: AVAILABLE
    Netherlands: AVAILABLE
    Singapore: AVAILABLE
    Spain: AVAILABLE
    Sweden: AVAILABLE
    United Kingdom: AVAILABLE
    pdashop.be changed from 7 march to 16 march, most other shops indicate 2 to 3 weeks from now

So i suspect 16 march is about right

O well.. It's Belgium right, I saw it coming

The official release in Belgium is 2 April. PDAShop.be (and all other Coolblue stores) are Dutch stores and will ship handsets with Dutch customization.

GSMWijzer.be (where I ordered mine, Dutch too) lists 5 March (monday) and is reliable :)
    i just picked up my xperia s from a sony store here in canada.
    the make is 12w14:) but no smart tags were included:(
    How the hell is North America getting this phone last?
    We have the biggest market. Should be released here first. :(

I wanna import from Australia.
    In the about phone details does it say your phone is LT26i or LT26a?

Any luck on the firmware?

I also got mine from Newegg. It says LT26i. The SI number is 1261-1876. You can find the ftf file here.