Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,359 Members 42,225 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [REQ] Rogers software bundle ftf (1261-6976)

Tip us?

Matt1408
Old
Thanks Meter 91
The bootloader loads before the firmware. So if you flash the tft files, you're just flashing over the firmware. The bootloader remains unchanged.

The only solution I would have is to try to get the phone in QHSUSB mode (or something similar) and then we'd have the ability to write over the the entire phone.

I personally don't know how exactly this whole thing works as this is my first Android Sony phone, but apperantly you can use programs like Omnius hack the bootloader. The problem is that the tool doesn't support the XS yet, but I'm sure once it becomes available we'll be told by one of the devs to specialize in this.
Legacy: kovsky . passion . pyramid . nozomi . evita . mako . hammerhead

BluechipJ
Old
Thanks Meter 293

DONATE TO ME
Unfortunately, if your phone is carrier branded, it can't be bootloader unlocked.
Right now, SETool cannot unlock the LT26i so there's no way to enable fastboot mode (custom ROMs/insecure kernel flashing, rooting, etc.)

This was a previous video I made, but it answers all the same questions about the bootloader.

I had an arc s (LT18a) that was generic/carrier-unbranded that I wanted to bootloader unlock to use custom ROMs but wanted to maintain the DRM keys so that Sony streaming services and TrackID would still work (paid bootloader unlock).

Hopefully they figure a way to enable fastboot for carrier branded phones as well as to maintain DRM for generic phones.
My Xperia X10/arc/Tablet S/Xperia S/Xperia Ion Videos: http://www.youtube.com/bluechipj

Matt1408
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Meh, the DRM is a moot point for me. If I don't depend on these services, then its all good.
Legacy: kovsky . passion . pyramid . nozomi . evita . mako . hammerhead

robertgeorge1
Old
(Last edited by robertgeorge1; 3rd August 2012 at 01:29 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default generic firmware

Hi

I'm looking for a Rogers generic Xperia S firmware but can't find it anywhere. Can someone please upload it? Thanks in advance

zimbashka
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertgeorge1 View Post
Hi

I'm looking for a Rogers generic firmware but can't find it anywhere. Can someone please upload it? Thanks in advance
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B8F...0Y3MWJxdElHMzQ