Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 39,267 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Screen looks washed out?

Tip us?
 
Spewy1
Old
#1  
Spewy1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 212
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Screen looks washed out?

I I have come from the Galaxy s2 and galaxy Nexus.
Although reviews said this phone has a great screen And although it is very sharp a lot of the colours look very washed out to me - does anyone agree, is there anyway to improve the colour saturation?
(photos and movies do look ok, it is really Web sites I am referring to)
 
dibdin
Old
#2  
dibdin's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 48
Posts: 401
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Kent
If you mean like a yellowish tint then yes. Don't think there is anyway of changing this.
Proud owner of the htc One in black.
 
Alien987
Old
#3  
Alien987's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 21
Posts: 322
Join Date: Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewy1 View Post
I I have come from the Galaxy s2 and galaxy Nexus.
Although reviews said this phone has a great screen And although it is very sharp a lot of the colours look very washed out to me - does anyone agree, is there anyway to improve the colour saturation?
(photos and movies do look ok, it is really Web sites I am referring to)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibdin View Post
If you mean like a yellowish tint then yes. Don't think there is anyway of changing this.
Colors in LCD are always going to look "washed" compared with the oversaturation of Amoled. That said as dibdin mentioned this screen seems to have an slight yellowish tint, it's mostly notable in white and other few colors.

Sent from my LT26i using XDA
 
Razje
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10
Posts: 122
Join Date: Sep 2010
I think you are just really used to the over-saturated AMOLED screens.
Old Phone: HTC Hero, White
New Phone: Sony Xperia S, Black
New Toy: Asus Transformer Prime TF201
 
electric0ant
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 67
Posts: 325
Join Date: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razje View Post
I think you are just really used to the over-saturated AMOLED screens.
+1!
exactly what i was going to say too, same situation as you. hated the over saturation of the s2 initially, but then got used to it over time so comparatively it looks washed up.
 
emorej
Old
#6  
emorej's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 44
Posts: 203
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Doha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razje View Post
I think you are just really used to the over-saturated AMOLED screens.
YEAH i think so, I was using S2 before i had my xps, at first i was really thinking like that, but later on i was thinking XPS has natural colors as compare to the saturated amoled of S2. I had time to compare whites of S2 and XPS, whites are better on Sony XPS.
 
Spewy1
Old
#7  
Spewy1's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 37
Posts: 212
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Manchester

 
DONATE TO ME
I agree the whites are better (blue ish on the s2 and grey ish on the gn)
I have no yellow tints so I am happy about that.
Seems I will just have to adapt to the paleness of the colours.
Otherwise this is a fantastic phone! :)

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes