Thread Closed

Sony has lost it completely.

OP Gambler_3

20th October 2012, 03:58 PM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 22

210 posts
That's what I also hate about 2012 Xperia range of phones - they released +10 phones with relatively same specs and design. Xperia S (the flagship smartphone), go (the durable smartphone) and something between V, J and ion (the high-end, high-quality smartphone) would've been sufficient for this year - alongside with better software support.
Last edited by Geeve; 20th October 2012 at 04:02 PM.
21st October 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #132  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 9

92 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon_cbb

I personally think that if Sony does 3 phones, one high-end, one mid and one low, they will fail.
Sent from my ST25i using xda premium

Yeah maybe it isn't that clear-cut. But while you can't really compare the two business models, I still find it funny that Sony (and everyone else) is releasing so many Android phones, but Apple currently has 3 phones and their low-end 2+year old iPhone 4 is more expensive than Sony's recent (~6 months old) flagship Xperia S at $588 vs $570 SGD respectively. I assume that the old iPhone 4 will sell more and be supported for longer...
21st October 2012, 08:51 AM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
21st October 2012, 12:03 PM   |  #134  
Thanks Meter: 178

674 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambler_3

Seriously whats most shocking is that this company is struggling to survive and yet they do these things.

That's precisely why I say they do it deliberately. If it wasn't they'd do whatever it took to get their phones out with current software even if that meant releasing their phones with something close to vanilla firmware and then updating afterwards once their own stuff is ready but no time after time they carry on with a failing policy.
They can keep their designs, I'm moving on in 2013 from the S and that's why I'm not to bothered. You can be sure it's not to another Sony phone as I'm equally sure their 2013 line up will begin with 4.1 and not 4.2. Another year same story.

Sent from my LT26i using xda app-developers app
21st October 2012, 08:45 PM   |  #135  
Flag Bytom, Poland
Thanks Meter: 203

3,725 posts
More
It takes time to be really up to date with everything.
You have to rememeber it took years for Samsung to be where they are.
They were struggling in the past for a long time, with wrong hardware and software decisions.
HTC was on top once but is not right now...

Most manufacturers update only some of their phones, not all.

I agree Sony has to be faster.
But they improved massively in the recent years, starting from X10.
22nd October 2012, 12:26 AM   |  #136  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 159

1,036 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doministry

It takes time to be really up to date with everything.
You have to rememeber it took years for Samsung to be where they are.
They were struggling in the past for a long time, with wrong hardware and software decisions.
HTC was on top once but is not right now...

Most manufacturers update only some of their phones, not all.

I agree Sony has to be faster.
But they improved massively in the recent years, starting from X10.

They have should different update policy for expensive and cheaper phones as the expensive ones are competing with the likes of samsung and HTC flagships which do get updates.

Sony updating it's low end phones is an advantage but the low end phones are not going to make sony a profitable company again.
E.Cadro
22nd October 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Okay Time for some house cleaning there are to many threads like this and I'm putting end to them.

Thread closed

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread