Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
View Poll Results: Would you like to have AOKP 4.4 on your XGo?
Of course,I love the ROM,I love the phone! 4 66.67%
Why not,AOKP was always a good ROM to try! 2 33.33%
May yes,may not 0 0%
No,I don't care about this phone/ROM! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

{Discussion}AOKP KitKat 4.4.2 for Xperia Go

OP TechBossGR

4th March 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paramythia
Thanks Meter: 0

11 posts
More
Hi guys,I saw in that the Xperia U which has 90% the same hardware as our Xperia Go has already AOKP 4.4 Nightlies,so I decided to make a port for our lovely Xperia Go.I succesfully booted the ROM but I have forgot to include some essential drivers/libs for camera so I remade the ROM but I did another stupid mistake so it doesn't boot again and I need to make it again .But there is no problem as it doesn't take much time so I think until tommorow I will have given you the first screenshots.So I made this thread so we can discusse some non-development related things.Because I am new to Android Development and XDA ROM posting (I have been using XDA as ROM finder since a long time) I think you could direct me correctly.
4th March 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #2  
Flag Il paese delle meraviglie - Francavilla Fontana
Thanks Meter: 2,225

1,102 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBossGR

Hi guys,I saw in that the Xperia U which has 90% the same hardware as our Xperia Go has already AOKP 4.4 Nightlies,so I decided to make a port for our lovely Xperia Go.I succesfully booted the ROM but I have forgot to include some essential drivers/libs for camera so I remade the ROM but I did another stupid mistake so it doesn't boot again and I need to make it again .But there is no problem as it doesn't take much time so I think until tommorow I will have given you the first screenshots.So I made this thread so we can discusse some non-development related things.Because I am new to Android Development and XDA ROM posting (I have been using XDA as ROM finder since a long time) I think you could direct me correctly.

remember before posting to ask permission to xu maintainer, @Abhinav2
4th March 2014, 05:48 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paramythia

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidModderXtreme

remember before posting to ask permission to xu maintainer, @Abhinav2

Ok,I am going to ask right now.
5th March 2014, 04:35 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 308

217 posts
More
Quote:

It is best to compile aokp from source rather than porting it (more performance). But ported rom is also quite okay
5th March 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,660

2,319 posts
More
@TechBossGR feel free to port it but as @wan5xp said, source built is better. I can help you(or anyone building) for building from source

Cheers,
AJ
6th March 2014, 05:35 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paramythia

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav2

@TechBossGR feel free to port it but as @wan5xp said, source built is better. I can help you(or anyone building) for building from source

Cheers,
AJ

@Abhinav2 Thanks for the permission!Unfortunately I don't have a powerful computer (Intel C2D 2.5Ghz,3GB,200GB is my rig) and I don't have enough time to learn about it!But thanks for your willing to help me (or anyone else).It would be helped me if you could give me a link which explain some things like DeviceTree and others.Now,for the ROM I'm really sorry but I didn't have enough time to finish the ROM so I will probably finish it at the weekend.How much difference will have a ported ROM from a ROM which was built from source?
7th March 2014, 06:00 AM   |  #7  

217 posts
More
Quote:

@Abhinav2 Thanks for the permission!Unfortunately I don't have a powerful computer (Intel C2D 2.5Ghz,3GB,200GB is my rig) and I don't have enough time to learn about it!But thanks for your willing to help me (or anyone else).It would be helped me if you could give me a link which explain some things like DeviceTree and others.Now,for the ROM I'm really sorry but I didn't have enough time to finish the ROM so I will probably finish it at the weekend.How much difference will have a ported ROM from a ROM which was built from source?

Don't worry. My laptop is almost the same as your rig, only with 2gb of ram. I am also a beginner. With abhinav2 help, i'm sure you can do it. Ported rom sometime have stability issue
7th March 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paramythia

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan5xp

Don't worry. My laptop is almost the same as your rig, only with 2gb of ram. I am also a beginner. With abhinav2 help, i'm sure you can do it. Ported rom sometime have stability issue

Yeah but I'm afraid that compiling will take a lot of hours and I don't have so much time to spend there.Also I don't want to make things without understanding what I am doing,I want to know what and why I am doing.That's why I'm asking for a place which explains the basic things for Android building like DeviceTree and other essential things.
Last edited by TechBossGR; 7th March 2014 at 10:29 PM.
15th March 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Paramythia

11 posts
More
I am here again guys and I'm sorry for don't inform you about the ROM.In fact,I was waiting for a new CM11 build so my AOKP port would have less bugs but unfortunately no new CM11 build came out .Does anyone know when or if CM11 will be updated (by Rodger_Rulez)?
16th March 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #10  

217 posts
More
Quote:

I am here again guys and I'm sorry for don't inform you about the ROM.In fact,I was waiting for a new CM11 build so my AOKP port would have less bugs but unfortunately no new CM11 build came out .Does anyone know when or if CM11 will be updated (by Rodger_Rulez)?

Freack updates for sola first. He will update our device later

Sent from my Xperia Go using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread