22nd March 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #12  
Flag Zuid-Holland
Thanks Meter: 86

395 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kms108

have you checked out the sony sola.

The sola is a whole other device with the floating touch thing and not really in the same ballpark even as the S and the P.

It's got only a 5MP camera
1Ghz Dual Core
3.7"
512MB RAM
No secondary camera
Apparently from what i'm reading: No Bravia engine
It does have the Novathor u8500 chipset though?

Sola vs S specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4369

Sola vs P specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4436

I think it's just meant to be a sort of a flagship floating touch phone with that being the main focus.
Last edited by shmoejoe; 22nd March 2012 at 07:49 AM.
22nd March 2012, 09:11 AM   |  #13  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur WB
Thanks Meter: 25

142 posts
More
S is the mobile at the moment.

I have ordered it already and may get it in my hands by tomorrow.

Thank you guys for the suggestions.
22nd March 2012, 09:17 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 847

4,735 posts
Sola white paper http://www-support-downloads.sonymob...peria_sola.pdf

p white paper http://www-support-downloads.sonymob...2_xperia_p.pdf
22nd March 2012, 11:19 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 22

286 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotRick

Face unlock in ice cream sandwich only works with front facing camera.

Another Siri style featires -_-

Who really need this?

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmoejoe

The sola is a whole other device with the floating touch thing and not really in the same ballpark even as the S and the P.

It's got only a 5MP camera
1Ghz Dual Core
3.7"
512MB RAM
No secondary camera
Apparently from what i'm reading: No Bravia engine
It does have the Novathor u8500 chipset though?

Sola vs S specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4369

Sola vs P specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3...&idPhone2=4436

I think it's just meant to be a sort of a flagship floating touch phone with that being the main focus.

On Smartphone sensor probably 5MP make better photo then 8+
2nd April 2012, 12:36 PM   |  #16  
Flag Montijo
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Talking I just don't know what to get. Help me!
Hello!
What's up? *insert ceiling joke here*

I'm going to tell you a funny story.
In January, I ordered the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S but it took so long to arrive and I fell in love with the SXS, so I cancelled!
I was sure to get the SXS but then I saw the P and asked myself 'do I really need a high-end model? As long as it has 1Gb ram it's cool for me. Right?' I got no answer.
The SXP looks very appealing... Not only for the dock, but for it's built and size...and in red is just stunning
I'm getting tired of waiting...and being confuse. I really want to try android... So many cool stuff to do.
I want to hear your opinions.
2nd April 2012, 02:59 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur WB

142 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neriah

Hello!
What's up? *insert ceiling joke here*

I'm going to tell you a funny story.
In January, I ordered the Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S but it took so long to arrive and I fell in love with the SXS, so I cancelled!
I was sure to get the SXS but then I saw the P and asked myself 'do I really need a high-end model? As long as it has 1Gb ram it's cool for me. Right?' I got no answer.
The SXP looks very appealing... Not only for the dock, but for it's built and size...and in red is just stunning
I'm getting tired of waiting...and being confuse. I really want to try android... So many cool stuff to do.
I want to hear your opinions.

Dude.. Its not at all funny. It completely makes sense.

Frankly I felt the same thing as you. Arc S is a great phone and I always wanted to get it in my hands. But when SXS and SXP were announced I felt it is worth waiting for them.

Also I felt like 'Do I really need a high-end mobile?' (just like you felt). That is why I opened this thread.

SXP is a good one but its not yet launched.

Now if you can't wait to get an android mobile and if you can afford to buy a high end mobile then it is completely worth buying an SXS. Previously I used 'Galaxy Ace' and now am having a great time after getting the SXS. The mobile is simply amazing.

Also do check 'HTC One X'. It is also a high end model and it comes with ICS. But personally I love Sony. Also One X is longer and wider compared to SXS. Hence I went for SXS.
2nd April 2012, 05:01 PM   |  #18  
Flag Montijo
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
More
Smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Like That

Dude.. Its not at all funny. It completely makes sense.

Frankly I felt the same thing as you. Arc S is a great phone and I always wanted to get it in my hands. But when SXS and SXP were announced I felt it is worth waiting for them.

Also I felt like 'Do I really need a high-end mobile?' (just like you felt). That is why I opened this thread.

SXP is a good one but its not yet launched.

Now if you can't wait to get an android mobile and if you can afford to buy a high end mobile then it is completely worth buying an SXS. Previously I used 'Galaxy Ace' and now am having a great time after getting the SXS. The mobile is simply amazing.

Also do check 'HTC One X'. It is also a high end model and it comes with ICS. But personally I love Sony. Also One X is longer and wider compared to SXS. Hence I went for SXS.

Lol in this case it's dudette.

I checked out the HTC One X and the One S but, HTC fans please forgive, it's not as beautiful as the SXS. Sony adds that mojo that makes you fall in love. Plus, I know SenseUI is pretty and has lots of tweaks however Sony's simplicity is pure win.

I'm going to wait a bit for the P, to hear about it from people who use it daily. Then I'll decide which to buy. I have to choose wisely, I'll be with one of them for 2 years
2nd April 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #19  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kharagpur WB

142 posts
More
Quote:

I checked out the HTC One X and the One S but, HTC fans please forgive, it's not as beautiful as the SXS. Sony adds that mojo that makes you fall in love. Plus, I know SenseUI is pretty and has lots of tweaks however Sony's simplicity is pure win.

+1 to your opinion about HTC and Sony

Quote:

I'm going to wait a bit for the P, to hear about it from people who use it daily. Then I'll decide which to buy. I have to choose wisely, I'll be with one of them for 2 years

Hey! If you are going to wait for P to launch then there is nothing big to decide. Like I said previously, if you can afford to buy a high end mobile then SXS would be ideal option to choose. If you feel like high end mobile is not necessary then surely SXP would be the one for you. The point is both are quality mobiles in their range.

Even after the launch of P you cannot get proper opinions comparing them. Both come under different range. I am sure both users will say S is good (its sony's flagship afterall, isn't it?). Like I said, it all comes down to whether you can afford for it or not.

And it would be silly if you buy the S after the release of P because you like S more. I mean the wait would be meaningless, right?

Keep reading the reviews of SXS. I am sure you are doing it now. Also what do you feel about SGSIII?
2nd April 2012, 07:58 PM   |  #20  
Thanks Meter: 49

337 posts
More
I would say that the Xperia P is the smallest brother to Xperia S.

I was also thinking about Xperia P, but I wanted a little bit bigger screen, but with bigger screen, it means bigger phone. It's not very comfy to control the Xperia S with only one hand. I'm a teenager so I don't have big man hands.

And Xperia P was not available in my country at that time, and I desperatly needed a phone, so there was no other choice then Xperia S.

But I think I get used to this big Xperia S phone. It would be even more perfect if it wasn't that tall (tricky to control the phone with only the thumb over the big area of screen).

But if I went for the Xperia P, it would be like my old Xperia X10, with 1GHz processor, 8MP and same screen size, so upgrading wouldnt be that big of a deal, so I just went for something good when I already was buying a new phone in 2012!

Good luck chosing your phone!
Last edited by Sikiduck; 2nd April 2012 at 08:00 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
arc, xperia p, xperia s
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Xperia P, U, Sola, Go General by ThreadRank