Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,404 Members 48,791 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

My experience with SOLA ROMs

Tip us?

Error_Rebel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Sign My experience with SOLA ROMs

Dear readers and members of XDA-Developers

After installing a new ROM I've decided to post my experience here and hope it will be useful for u.

I've a Sola device with Gingerbread 2.3 preinstalled.... all Stock ROMS (ICS , JB , GB) are piece of *$&%^ ... too laggy and not smooth at all...
I've a Galaxy Tab P1000 too and I was having the feeling that my Tab is 100 times better than my sola....
decided to root my device and installed an experience V2.1 from the XDA-Forum too ... a little bit laggy but still not satisfied, especially that the Graphics were worse than my HTC-Touch HD.... I was not able to play any 3D Mid-Heavy game on my Sola ,,,, Battery was perfect and all connections too... so... for the Experience V2.1 ROM:
Advantages:
1- Battery
2- All functions are working (NFC, BT, ......)
3- nice looked

Disadvantages:
1- sola restarts if it got a call while charging most of the time.
2- Graphics performance is the worst ever.
3- Touching while charging will be completely impossible (crazy) but I think there was a fix for it.
4- not smooth enough and sometimes laggy.
5- boot takes about 3 Minutes.

and now after installing the CM-10:
Advantages:
1- Battery
2- most of the functions are working (Wi-Fi, BT, ......)
3- nice looked
4- very very smooth.
5- Graphics performance is the best.
6- no crashes.
7- boots in 20 seconds or less.

Disadvantages:
1- NFC / Radio FM are not working.

This is the best ROM I've ever used... try it ... u'll like it...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Error_Rebel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lol98lol98
Old
Thanks Meter 717
Thansk @Error_Rebel for making this thread. I think it's not bad to have thread like this

I also wanna share my experience with CM10 (by ShoaibAhmed)

Some words:
This ROM is just awesome! I never was such statisfied with a ROM like now. You can just trust on this ROM and everything works as it should (except NFC - which I can't even test/use because my NFC Chip is dead ^^ - and FM Radio).

Advantages:
-Best workflow I ever had
-No Call UI lags
-Great performance (benchmark, heavy games etc)

Disadvantages:
-Not the best battery life in my opinion
-There are no more for me

Recommandations:
-CPU governor: abyssplug
-I/O scheduler: row
-CPU Frequencies: 200MHz - 1000MHz

Last words:
Probably the best ROM I ever used on my sola. I can just recommend this ROM to everyone out there!
Devices:

- Google Nexus 5
- Sony Ericsson XPERIA Mini Pro
- Sony Ericsson XPERIA Ray
- Sony XPERIA Sola (sold)
- LG GT540

Like Shuffling? Check out my Channel
My YouTube Channel
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lol98lol98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pentoza
Old
(Last edited by pentoza; 15th March 2014 at 08:31 PM.) Reason: why not?
Thanks Meter 4
Hey guys,
Could you say just a few words about present versions of KitKat based ROMs? I'm looking for fast(*) and stable ROM, which can properly manage RAM on my device. But unfortunately I don't see yet enough polished one for my device. Even if I was trying to use tweaks such as Fly-On Mod it's still not looking too good. And maybe your proposition would suits me, but sincerely I really wanted to stay on KitKat...

Thanks!

(*) I mean faster than stock ICS which is really bad in my opinion.
----
@Error_Rebel - you're writting only about two ROMs, you have installed on your Sola (besides the stock ones). Don't you think it's strange to read that this is "best ROM you've ever used"? It would be better to not read about Experience V2.1, but just about CM10 greatness. Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to pentoza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Error_Rebel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentoza View Post
Hey guys,
Could you say just a few words about present versions of KitKat based ROMs? I'm looking for fast(*) and stable ROM, which can properly manage RAM on my device. But unfortunately I don't see yet enough polished one for my device. Even if I was trying to use tweaks such as Fly-On Mod it's still not looking too good. And maybe your proposition would suits me, but sincerely I really wanted to stay on KitKat...

Thanks!

(*) I mean faster than stock ICS which is really bad in my opinion.
----
@Error_Rebel - you're writting only about two ROMs, you have installed on your Sola (besides the stock ones). Don't you think it's strange to read that this is "best ROM you've ever used"? It would be better to not read about Experience V2.1, but just about CM10 greatness. Cheers!

Many thanks lol98lol98 for your response .... u r right ..

pentoza ... I've installed:
1- GB - Stock - Very bad
2- ICS - Stock - same as the one before...
3- JB - Stock - bad ...
4- Experience V2.1
5- Experience Innovation (exactly as the Experience V2.1 only newer a little bit).
6- CM-10 - the best one ...

So my experience is based on six ROMs....
The Following User Says Thank You to Error_Rebel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pentoza
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error_Rebel View Post
Many thanks lol98lol98 for your response .... u r right ..

pentoza ... I've installed:
1- GB - Stock - Very bad
2- ICS - Stock - same as the one before...
3- JB - Stock - bad ...
4- Experience V2.1
5- Experience Innovation (exactly as the Experience V2.1 only newer a little bit).
6- CM-10 - the best one ...

So my experience is based on six ROMs....
After yours recommendation I wanted to test CM10 on my own... Unfortunately it's the first ROM where I have problems with WiFi connection.

OK, no problems anymore - after second installation it works like a charm. Strange, because I did everything the same like first time... I hope I will stay with CM10 a little longer than with KitKat based ones. THX! :P
The Following User Says Thank You to pentoza For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Error_Rebel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by pentoza View Post
After yours recommendation I wanted to test CM10 on my own... Unfortunately it's the first ROM where I have problems with WiFi connection.

OK, no problems anymore - after second installation it works like a charm. Strange, because I did everything the same like first time... I hope I will stay with CM10 a little longer than with KitKat based ones. THX! :P
sure u will ... this ROM is perfect.... if u need any help I'm glad to be in ur mind....
The Following User Says Thank You to Error_Rebel For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

BR4KUS
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Which CM10?? Can I please link?

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Error_Rebel
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by BR4KUS View Post
Which CM10?? Can I please link?

Sent from my MT27i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Here is the link my dear BR4KUS

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...od-10-t2608661

pentoza
Old
Thanks Meter 4
@Error_Rebel,
Do you maybe know how to properly install Fly-On Mod on the CM10? I don't really understand the step with patching services.jar (patching wasn't necessary on KitKat based ROMs)...

How should I do this, because i feel like a real moron stucking od this step? Of course if you ever tried that modification. :P

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2226373

BR4KUS
Old
Thanks Meter 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Error_Rebel View Post
Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to BR4KUS For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
cm-10, experience v2.1, ics
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe