FORUMS

Which Lockscreen Security Type Do You Use?

From pattern locks to the controversial face unlock, there are a number of different ways you … more

Xposed 3.0 Alpha 3 Released

A new alpha for the Xposed framework is out and brings several bug fixes. You’ll only need to flash … more

XDA Recap: This Week In Android (Apr 18 – 25)

Here in the digital XDA newsroom, we spend our days pouring over an average of … more

Sunday Debate: Custom ROMs vs. Modular Tweaks

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Mods and ROMs. Come with your opinions and feel free to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Android Terminal Emulator Command

26th April 2014, 12:48 PM |#1  
SonyFan23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nikolaevsk
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Tell me what you need to enter the command to flash the kernel via Android terminal emulator?
 
 
26th April 2014, 02:37 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyFan23

Tell me what you need to enter the command to flash the kernel via Android terminal emulator?

What reason you have to flash it this way and nor with fastboot or CWM?
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2014, 03:39 PM |#3  
SonyFan23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nikolaevsk
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

What reason you have to flash it this way and nor with fastboot or CWM?

Am often away from the computer, and through cmw kernel sew, it is also necessary to find
One person on my friend said that the form can be sewn through Termunal Android, that's interested in the question
26th April 2014, 08:17 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyFan23

Am often away from the computer, and through cmw kernel sew, it is also necessary to find
One person on my friend said that the form can be sewn through Termunal Android, that's interested in the question

In principle the dd command should work
However I haven't tried it before and don't know if it is safe to do, so if you do it it's at your own risk.
Code:
dd if=<kernel file> of=<kernel partition>
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 07:22 AM |#5  
SonyFan23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nikolaevsk
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

In principle the dd command should work
However I haven't tried it before and don't know if it is safe to do, so if you do it it's at your own risk.

Code:
dd if=<kernel file> of=<kernel partition>

So here we introduce: "dd if = <filename> of = <Where is it>"
Will look like?
Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblkNNN
True or false?
Last edited by SonyFan23; 27th April 2014 at 11:15 AM.
27th April 2014, 02:25 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyFan23

So here we introduce: "dd if = <filename> of = <Where is it>"
Will look like?

Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblkNNN
True or false?

Almost correct, of=/dev/block/mmcblkNNNpNNN.
If you don't know which it is you can find which partition is the kernel written to with package_extract_file or write_raw in any CWM flashable kernel for your phone.
You better make sure fastboot is working for you before you try it or you may not be able to recover if it is not safe to do and the phone reboot before it finish.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2014, 04:45 PM |#7  
SonyFan23's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Nikolaevsk
Thanks Meter: 100
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

Almost correct, of=/dev/block/mmcblkNNNpNNN.
If you don't know which it is you can find which partition is the kernel written to with package_extract_file or write_raw in any CWM flashable kernel for your phone.
You better make sure fastboot is working for you before you try it or you may not be able to recover if it is not safe to do and the phone reboot before it finish.

Thank you, I have asked the developer firmware he said that the code would be:
Code:
dd if=/mnt/sdcard1/boot.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes