5,595,428 Members 47,859 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cm11 for XP good for daily use?

Tip us?
 
rajasjambekar
Old
#1  
rajasjambekar's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2012
Default [Q] Cm11 for XP good for daily use?

Hey I am new to xda. Please can someone tell me if I use cm11 for everyday use?
Thankyou
 
RJ_
Old
#2  
RJ_'s Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasjambekar View Post
Hey I am new to xda. Please can someone tell me if I use cm11 for everyday use?
Thankyou
cm11 is still in development. However most of the features are working. Video playback is currently not working on the native player. However you can use BS player for it. Bluetooth and video recording also doesn't work.
The Following User Says Thank You to RJ_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
rajasjambekar
Old
#3  
rajasjambekar's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 2
Join Date: Nov 2012
and I am currently using enigma rom with nemesis 6.2. Can I directly flash cm11 over it?Or do I need to wipe something?
 
RJ_
Old
#4  
RJ_'s Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajasjambekar View Post
and I am currently using enigma rom with nemesis 6.2. Can I directly flash cm11 over it?Or do I need to wipe something?
no. make a clean install

---------- Post added at 11:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 AM ----------

go to recovery. wipe system, cache and dalvik.
install cm11 zip. install gapps. make a backup before installing any new rom
The Following User Says Thank You to RJ_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Hamza Murad
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 50
Posts: 171
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Lahore
@RJ_
To what extent are the omx codecs used. I mean does video recording not work at all or, like stock only 1080p recording suffer

Sent from my LT22i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
RJ_
Old
#6  
RJ_'s Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 22
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza Murad View Post
@RJ_
To what extent are the omx codecs used. I mean does video recording not work at all or, like stock only 1080p recording suffer

Sent from my LT22i using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
omx codecs are used for video playback, video capture, etc. Video recording doesn't work at all and nor does video playback on native player. But you can use BSplayer in SW decoding mode to run videos.
The Following User Says Thank You to RJ_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes