CWM wipe data/delvik cache question

Tip us?

eye_share
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default CWM wipe data/delvik cache question

Sony Experia U Locked Bootloader CWM Touch Recovery 5.5.0.4

When I do a Wipe data/Factory Reset and Wipe Delvik cache nothing seems to be wiped

I run several Root Explorers and the folders are still full of files

Delick cache is still full of .dex files

Data folder is still full of all types of files

I deleted all the files once and my phone messed up

Am I looking in the right folders

Strange thing if I don't do Wipe data/Factory reset in CWM some new roms i try don't load or work properly

When I do a backup am I doing a nandroid backup in CWM?

Thank for any help

ChikeD
Old
Thanks Meter 429
Don't worry about no files in /data or dalvik-cache, the dalvivk is rebuilt on reboot for all installed application and data filled with factory settings and started apps prefs.
Losing all downloaded apps and having to go through setup indicates you have done factory data reset, and if you only clean dalvik you will see updating apps progress druring boot when dalvik is rebuilt.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eye_share
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Don't worry about no files in /data or dalvik-cache, the dalvivk is rebuilt on reboot for all installed application and data filled with factory settings and started apps prefs.
Losing all downloaded apps and having to go through setup indicates you have done factory data reset, and if you only clean dalvik you will see updating apps progress druring boot when dalvik is rebuilt.

Thank you very much for the reply