Ask a question

No registration required

(Dev request)Overclocking without custom kernel

OP suyash691

9th January 2014, 01:12 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

96 posts
I have heard of some devices like SE W8 phone in which by overwriting some .ko files with root permit you can have overclock without bootloader unlock .... if possible can any dev here do that for our novathor phones
9th January 2014, 02:01 PM   |  #2  
Flag MePpEl
Thanks Meter: 12,120

16,002 posts
Donate to Me
More
Xpetia P,U,Go and Sola are different devices (2012) then the w8 so no not possible !!

Sent From Cybertron With My Powerfull Xperia P
The Following User Says Thank You to Pandemic For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,656

2,319 posts
More
While building we have to edit arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-730.c from the kernel source and therefore we have to make custom kernels. We may somehow be able to add governor and i/o schedulers modules on locked bootloader but as of now I don't think changing CPU clock speed is possible(correct me if I'm wrong). The 2010 phones are lot different and maybe they are also able to flash even custom kernels on locked bootloader via ftf format since it bypasses the sony signature verification which is not possible in 2012 phones.

tl;dr- Not possible

Cheers,
AJ
The Following User Says Thank You to Abhinav2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 04:53 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 13

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav2

While building we have to edit arch/arm/mach-msm/acpuclock-730.c from the kernel source and therefore we have to make custom kernels. We may somehow be able to add governor and i/o schedulers modules on locked bootloader but as of now I don't think changing CPU clock speed is possible(correct me if I'm wrong). The 2010 phones are lot different and maybe they are also able to flash even custom kernels on locked bootloader via ftf format since it bypasses the sony signature verification which is not possible in 2012 phones.

tl;dr- Not possible

Cheers,
AJ

Thanks for the comprehensive answers .... btw if you can also solve my doubt abt any way of updating mali drivers without building a new kernel (cuz i am not a dev)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread