Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,124 Members 38,934 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What am I doing wrong?

Tip us?
 
johny1900
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
Question [Q] What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

I unlocked the bootloader of my xperia u.
Also I rooted it.
Now I want to install speedy droid of Divaksh with his tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...1-rom-t2135702

But it tells to go to cwm mode pressing power and volume up button.
But I never see any menu appearing. Do I have to install something else? And if so, what do I have to install?

Kr,

Johny
 
ChikeD
Old
#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny1900 View Post
Hi,

I unlocked the bootloader of my xperia u.
Also I rooted it.
Now I want to install speedy droid of Divaksh with his tool http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...1-rom-t2135702

But it tells to go to cwm mode pressing power and volume up button.
But I never see any menu appearing. Do I have to install something else? And if so, what do I have to install?

Kr,

Johny
The link you posted is broken.
Usually it's either volume or powernot both, try spamming volume up every second or so when the phone boot.
Have you installed CWM (or flashed kernel that has CWM built-in)?
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
johny1900
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
The link you posted is broken.
Usually it's either volume or powernot both, try spamming volume up every second or so when the phone boot.
Have you installed CWM (or flashed kernel that has CWM built-in)?
Hi,

I didn't installed anything, except that I unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone.
So I am sure that it will be the problem.
I will give it a try! Thank you very much

Kr.

Johny
 
jose97ct
Old
#4  
jose97ct's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 35
Join Date: Jan 2014
I think you need to install CWM or TWRP recovery, and in my case, the button I spam is the volume down, not the volume up.
Try it and tell us if it worked!

DEVICE: Sony Xperia U
ROM: Xperia STE Team CyanogenMod 11
VERSION: KitKat 4.4.4
CPU Governor: SMARTASS V2
E/S Governor: SIO
DEVICE: Sony Xperia U
ROM: Xperia STE Team CyanogenMod 11 [Lastest weekly]
Kernel: BraveKernel for KitKat v1.3
VERSION: KitKat 4.4.4
CPU Governor: SMARTASS V2
E/S Governor: SIOPLUS
KSM: Enabled
zRam: 26%
Performance Control's Task killer mode: Light
 
johny1900
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
It is indeed that I need to install the CWM.
But I found it to complicated. And you need to install/ alot lf stuff. This all so I can install Speedy Droid.
So I found in the play goolge and app called System App Remover and now I can uninstall Bloatware, other apk,... And it keeps it in a recycling bin, so if you deleted something you shouldn't, ypu can recover it.
And if you finally wants it to be removed, you can just delete it.
So I used the list of speedy droid, to see which apps. I could delete and just deleted it with this app.

i am not sure if finally it is worth to install CWM, but for now I am fine.
If there are cool stuff which I need CWM, please tell me. Because then I will install it also.

For now I am happy. i have around 125MB free memory and the phone runs smooth!!

Kr,

Johny
 
burluk94
Old
#6  
burluk94's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2014
For backing up and deleting apps I can recommand you Titanium backup.
When you install CWM you can do backups of whole ROM. Which is good especially when you flashing new ROMs

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app
 
johny1900
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by burluk94 View Post
For backing up and deleting apps I can recommand you Titanium backup.
When you install CWM you can do backups of whole ROM. Which is good especially when you flashing new ROMs

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app
Thanks for telling me that. That is indeed a very good idea, making a backup of your rom before flashing it with another one.
I guess I will take a further look to this CWM The next few days.
Any suggestion for an easy and simple installation of it?
 
burluk94
Old
#8  
burluk94's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 14
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by johny1900 View Post
Thanks for telling me that. That is indeed a very good idea, making a backup of your rom before flashing it with another one.
I guess I will take a further look to this CWM The next few days.
Any suggestion for an easy and simple installation of it?
I did it via Flashtool, software for flashing Xperia devices. You can download kernel with build in cwm and flash it via Flashtool it is really easy, just follow any guide on xda, youtube or any other site.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to burluk94 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
johny1900
Old
#9  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 9
Join Date: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by burluk94 View Post
I did it via Flashtool, software for flashing Xperia devices. You can download kernel with build in cwm and flash it via Flashtool it is really easy, just follow any guide on xda, youtube or any other site.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app
GREAT!!! I am sure going to see how that is!
Seems a cool tool!

Thx again

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes