5,600,919 Members 42,278 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[FAQ] FAQ and Troubleshooting for percy_g2's CM 11 [WIP]

Tip us?

Abhinav2
Old
(Last edited by Abhinav2; 27th November 2013 at 04:08 PM.)
Recognized Contributor / Themer - OP
Thanks Meter 3726
Default [FAQ] FAQ and Troubleshooting for percy_g2's CM 11 [WIP]

This thread has been created strictly for
Questions & Troubleshooting

Specific to

percy_g2's CyanogenMod 11.0

This thread has been created for people to share issues, question and help
while using Percy's CM 11 ROM

[ROM] [UB] [Kitkat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 NIGHTLY

PLEASE make sure to thank percy_g2 for the dedication to this ROM

Please do not clutter the Development thread with non development-related chatter

There's a great team (Team BlueRidge) supporting us day and night selflessly. Please consider donating them

The Following User Says Thank You to Abhinav2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Abhinav2
Old
(Last edited by Abhinav2; 27th November 2013 at 04:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3726
Percy's developement thread is meant for development, meaning posts should be focused on bug reporting (with logcats) and assistance in improving the ROM. Development threads on XDA are NOT intended to be 24/7 tech support for everyone who has issues with the ROM.

But even the best Android modders out there need some help configuring or changing settings once in a while. So this thread will be a great place to ask all the tech support type questions you have that aren't really related to the further development of the ROM. This will then leave the development thread a little less cluttered with day to day support questions which will allow percy_g2 to read through the development related posts faster so he can continue improving this great ROM.

XDA members who don't have the 10 posts required to post in development threads are more than welcome to ask their questions here as well! In this thread there is no such thing as a dumb question!

ALL QUESTIONS ARE WELCOME HERE!

(In the development thread, that rule does not apply. Many questions will be dumb there and will be answered accordingly.)

Before we get started I will say one very important thing that applies to ALL ROMs. Before you ask any questions about any ROM, read the first post of that ROM's development thread. I promise you that you will find many of your answers there.

And finally, if someone in this thread helps you, please take a second to click their 'thanks' button! Someone has taken the time to assist you, and clicking thanks will make them feel appreciated so they come back the next day and help someone else! You get 8 thanks a day, don't be stingy with them! (I'm not even talking about me. I'm not looking for 'thanks'. Save them for others who directly answer your questions. They will deserve it.)

To the experienced users who might be able to help your fellow XDA members asking basic questions in this thread, please take the time to do so. You were new to all of this once yourself. You needed some hand holding and basic coaching on simple stuff at one point. Pay that forward! And be patient with repeat questions, but don't hessitate to try and teach someone how to use the 'search' feature either.

How to best ask for help in this thread!

Give the following information when asking your questions. This will greatly help the community to find you an answer.

Is your bootloader unlocked? (If you don't know, its locked)

Which nightly you are using?

What have you already tried to fix the problem? (No point in telling you to try 12 things you've already done)

And I can't stress this last one enough...BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE!!!

Please don't ask your question in this thread AND in the develoment thread. If you do you can expect to get flamed in the development thread.

Thanks Skipjacks for the second post template.

There's a great team (Team BlueRidge) supporting us day and night selflessly. Please consider donating them

The Following User Says Thank You to Abhinav2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Abhinav2
Old
(Last edited by Abhinav2; 27th November 2013 at 05:28 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3726
Q1. Where to download the ROM and where is the thread located?

A:
Quote:
The thread is located here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2508319 and all the downloads are given here.
Q2. Where to download the gapps?

A.
Quote:
Here- http://goo.im/devs/percy215/gapps is the gapps provided by percy within ROM thread.
Q3. Do I need unlocked bootloader to flash the ROM?

A. Yes. Go here for unlocking bootloader- http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/

Q4. How to flash the ROM?

A.
Quote:
The instructions are written quite clearly in the thread but still I'll write again-

-Unlock your bootloader
-Copy zip to sdcard
-Fasboot boot.img from inside the zip
-Power on the phone and when it vibrates, press the power button.
-Now you'll be booted to recovery. Now Format system and data
-Install zip from SDcard, choose rom.
-Flash and reboot. Done
Q5. I can't use fastboot mode? Can I flash the kernel via recovery?

A.
Quote:
Download the GNU kernel from here- http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2427067 and replace the boot.img to make flashable kernel
Q6. Do I need to wipe everything everytime I install the new nightly?

A.
Quote:
No. Wiping only cache and dalvik-cache will do. But its recommended to do complete wipes since its in nightly stage.