[Q] Getting Illumination Bar in CM11 on Xperia U

Search This thread

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
Hello all

ive seen that illumination bar was working(only notification) for cm based roms.So i wanted to ask that can we make illumination bar work in cm11 for xperia u. by pushing some files to sys/lib/hw

if yes whats the procedure

Reactions: mihmihovic

sanderxdxd

Dec 9, 2013
It indeed is possible to get illumination notifications working on CM for the xperia u however the CM11 for XU is still in early stages of its developement.

I am sure the developers of CM11 know how to add illumination bar support since they already have it working on earlier versions of CM. I however do not think it is one of their main priorities at this moment, a stable rom is more important than a gimmic like the illumination bar. Just be patient and give the developers their time to create an awsome ROM, the illumination bar will follow eventually

Reactions: mihmihovic

prosodyspeaks

Oct 16, 2013
gimmick

i understand and agree that devs have bigger fish to fry than illumination bar (e.g. being able to disable and reenable wifi), however it certainly isn't a gimmick to be able to tell at a glance and without touching the phone if there is an unanswered message, email or call to respond to. the illumination bar on cm10 saved me many many many instances of returning to a room and having to pick up phone, open case, unlock screen, relock screen, close case, put back down, and all just to learn that there is nothing i needed to know.

i know you're trying to defend the awesome devs from excess hassle, but dismissing the op's request for a feature as a gimmick was unnecessary. (as is this post.... obviously)

Dagnan

Sep 23, 2010
Illumination receiver

You can use illumination receiver with the illumination bar notification app. For me it works.

It might even work without the illumination bar notification app with the CM settings.

But the illumination receiver is definitely is needed. Search through the forum for the apk!

GTARaja

Nov 20, 2013
Bangalore, KA
You can use illumination receiver with the illumination bar notification app. For me it works.

It might even work without the illumination bar notification app with the CM settings.

But the illumination receiver is definitely is needed. Search through the forum for the apk!

Can you tell me which one becuz ive seen 2-3 threads with illumination receiver and few post where it is said just to copy light.montblac.so to sys/hw/lib

which one you wanted to say

Nathanael_Mtd

May 15, 2013
Grenoble
Yes, copy the file lights.montblanc.so in /system/lib/hw folder with 644 permissions

2013-12-13_20-32-56.jpg

After reboot the phone and configure the illumination bar for notifications on Settings > Display & lights > Notification light

lights.montblanc.so file > http://l.i4g.me/lights.montblanc.so
[QRCODE]l.i4g.me/lights.montblanc.so[/QRCODE]

Last edited:

prosodyspeaks

Oct 16, 2013
thanks for the help here,

i've successfully overwritten the montblanc file in lib/hw rebooted and enabled settings>display>pulse notification light, but still no notification in lightbar. it doesn't function when i hit 'test' in the configuration page nor when an actual message/call is received.

also the top-right corner led now no longer lights when charging or when notifications are missed (pretty sure it did before changing the montblanc file)

stupidly i didnt backup the original montblanc - anyone know where i can replace it, or better yet why the fix might not be working for me?

thanks!

btw i'm using maclaw's [ROM] [UB] [Kitkat] [4.4] CyanogenMod 11.0 200121207

---------- Post added at 06:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

updated to cm11 20131213 which presumably reset the montblanc file. backed it up and retried the fix. still no notification bar.

with original montblanc led in top right functions as normal -when charging, using 'test' in pulse configuration and when messages received.
with fix led does not work and also the screen does not completely turn off when put to sleep - it's not completely black.

have switched back and forward to verify that led and screen total-blackout are fixed and broken by making this change.

what gives? just me?

---------- Post added at 07:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

(from PuiuMarius2000 on page 114 of cm11 nightlies xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2528466&highlight=illumination&page=114)

replace montblanc file in rom's zip file with (xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2452571&d=1386949681) and reflash (no need to wipe anything)

works fine for me now!

Last edited:

AC92

Dec 4, 2013
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello all

ive seen that illumination bar was working(only notification) for cm based roms.So i wanted to ask that can we make illumination bar work in cm11 for xperia u. by pushing some files to sys/lib/hw

if yes whats the procedure
    It indeed is possible to get illumination notifications working on CM for the xperia u however the CM11 for XU is still in early stages of its developement.

I am sure the developers of CM11 know how to add illumination bar support since they already have it working on earlier versions of CM. I however do not think it is one of their main priorities at this moment, a stable rom is more important than a gimmic like the illumination bar. Just be patient and give the developers their time to create an awsome ROM, the illumination bar will follow eventually