Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,891 Members 50,024 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Getting Started:Rooting,Bootloader Unlocking,Recovery,Custom ROM installation & more

Tip us?
 
massimosta
Old
#141  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSoleBulge View Post
Don't know if it matters but I use JB on a Xperia P unlocked bootloader and rooted. I used the file and guide and it worked smooth...
Hi, I've a Xperia P, I've unlocked bootloader, rooted it, installed CWM, but when I try to flash a custom ROM of android 4.2+, CWM say that there's an error before the flash.

If I try to flash a ROM 4.0 CWM flash the ROM, but on boot i see only black screen, it doesn't start the OS. Why?

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my english.............
 
ChikeD
Old
#142  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimosta View Post
Hi, I've a Xperia P, I've unlocked bootloader, rooted it, installed CWM, but when I try to flash a custom ROM of android 4.2+, CWM say that there's an error before the flash.

If I try to flash a ROM 4.0 CWM flash the ROM, but on boot i see only black screen, it doesn't start the OS. Why?

Can someone help me?

Sorry for my english.............
Maybe someone can, if you have bothered to provide a link to the ROMs you have tried to install and explained in details exactly what steps you made to install them.
 
massimosta
Old
#143  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
Maybe someone can, if you have bothered to provide a link to the ROMs you have tried to install and explained in details exactly what steps you made to install them.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258058 this ROM stay in black screen on boot.

So, this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448495 didn't flash.

In CWM i do this steps: (the same that i do on N4)

- Wipe cache/dalvik/data
- Wipe system (for totally clean the device)
- Flash
- Wipe cache/dalvik
- Reboot
 
ChikeD
Old
(Last edited by ChikeD; 20th December 2013 at 01:07 PM.) Reason: typos
#144  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by massimosta View Post
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2258058 this ROM stay in black screen on boot.

So, this ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2448495 didn't flash.

In CWM i do this steps: (the same that i do on N4)

- Wipe cache/dalvik/data
- Wipe system (for totally clean the device)
- Flash
- Wipe cache/dalvik
- Reboot
For the rom that did not flash, try to flash the boot.img that is inside the zip with fastboot and then flash.
For the one that stay black, IDK maybe you hould flash one of the kernels there.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChikeD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
massimosta
Old
#145  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jun 2013
Thanks, i will try this evening than i'll let you know

Inviato dal mio Nexus 4 con Tapatalk 2
 
adhawk
Old
(Last edited by adhawk; 5th January 2014 at 12:38 AM.) Reason: to add some details for clear explanation
#146  
adhawk's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 19
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Kay ELL
Nice work! really need the info. btw, it could be more helpful if there is steps to flash custom roms, kernels etc besides using cwm recovery such as flashtool. anyway, thanks and thumbs up to you!
 
a29_29a
Old
#147  
Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 36
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default very useful thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neectron View Post
Bootloader Unlocking.





What is bootloader:


The bootloader, is firmware on the phone which runs on every startup. Sometimes it may be desirable to change the version of the bootloader, or to load a different bootloader entirely to enable different features or a completely different OS. The current version of the bootloader can be viewed by entering bootloader mode, the process of which is different for each and every device or manufacturer. - XDA - University.





How to unlock the bootloader:





Before unlocking bootloader:


  • Install Flashtool drivers,it will contain all necessary driver including fastboot driver and flashmode drivers.
  • Remeber,your warranty will be void.
  • DRM Keys will be lost forever.




Bootloader Relocking
very useful thanks
 
jaboneros
Old
#148  
jaboneros's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Apr 2014
Default I can't get in recovery when booting (XPERIA GO)

Noob here. I'm using Xperia Go, and trying to install CM11 on my phone, I get stuck with the step to boot into recovery.

I've tried pressing volume buttons when phone is booting, nothing works. Very frustrating, hope you can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neectron View Post
Installing CWM Recovery


How to access recovery:

By pressing volume buttons when phone is boot logo is show i.e when booting
 
ChikeD
Old
#149  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 465
Posts: 1,603
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaboneros View Post
Noob here. I'm using Xperia Go, and trying to install CM11 on my phone, I get stuck with the step to boot into recovery.

I've tried pressing volume buttons when phone is booting, nothing works. Very frustrating, hope you can help.
s your bootloader unlocked and you have flashed boot.img from the ROM zip file?
If you did, press power instead volume up/down.
 
jaboneros
Old
#150  
jaboneros's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter 5
Posts: 67
Join Date: Apr 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD View Post
s your bootloader unlocked and you have flashed boot.img from the ROM zip file?
If you did, press power instead volume up/down.
yes my bootloader was unlocked and I flashed the boot.img from the ROM zip file already. When I press power, the display lights up but no other activity, like the phone is in a boot loop..

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes