what happend to my bootloader ?

Search This thread

xperia anfer

Dec 7, 2013
I have a xperia U,Yesterday i try to unlock my bootloader and flash a experimental kernel (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2326515)
I use the flashtool to unlock my bootloader because sony website method confuse me,it went without a problem but i did`t check it works or not.and i flash the experimental kernel and i able go to CWM Recovery.my question is ,still my phone recognize by the sony pc companion,to my knowledge after we unlock the bootloader pc companion will no longer recognize our phones......!!!!!

1) Did i correctly unlock my bootloader or it still locked ?
2) if it works(unlock bootloader) Why pc companion still recognize my phone ?
3) Is their any way that i can find ,my bootloader unlocked or locked ?

phone - Xperia U
OS - ICS
Firmware - 6.1.1.b.1.54

please put the question number and answer ...,Eg- 1) xxxxx 2)xxxxxxx

usb2

May 28, 2010
Italia
I have a xperia U,Yesterday i try to unlock my bootloader and flash a experimental kernel (http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2326515)
I use the flashtool to unlock my bootloader because sony website method confuse me,it went without a problem but i did`t check it works or not.and i flash the experimental kernel and i able go to CWM Recovery.my question is ,still my phone recognize by the sony pc companion,to my knowledge after we unlock the bootloader pc companion will no longer recognize our phones......!!!!!

1) Did i correctly unlock my bootloader or it still locked ?
2) if it works(unlock bootloader) Why pc companion still recognize my phone ?
3) Is their any way that i can find ,my bootloader unlocked or locked ?

phone - Xperia U
OS - ICS
Firmware - 6.1.1.b.1.54

please put the question number and answer ...,Eg- 1) xxxxx 2)xxxxxxx

did you have unlock bootloader = yes in service menu?

if the phone can boot properly (to the home screen) with experimental kernel the bootloader is unlocked... to see if it is installed go in settings>phone info and see if under kernel version there is "experimental-12"
another check go in conversation app and select share location>current position... if this Fc with the message "service not available" the bootloader it's unlocked
if the phone can't boot with experimental kernel the bootloader is locked

for pc companion i don't know

with experimental kernel you can boot only a JB rom

Last edited:

xperia anfer

Dec 7, 2013
did you have unlock bootloader = yes in service menu?

if the phone can boot properly (to the home screen) with experimental kernel the bootloader is unlocked... to see if it is installed go in settings>phone info and see if under kernel version there is "experimental-12"
another check go in conversation app and select share location>current position... if this Fc with the message "service not available" the bootloader it's unlocked
if the phone can't boot with experimental kernel the bootloader is locked

for pc companion i don't know

with experimental kernel you can boot only a JB rom

1) service menue showing "Bootloader unlocked :Yes"

2) no, after i flash the experimental kernel,i didn`t install the rom(i forget to add the rom zip inside the memory),so i just switch off and power on but didn`t boot(sony logo come and then a blank screen) so i flash the gingerbread ftf(6.1.1.b.1.184) via flash tool,now my phone run GB,when i going to flash the GB ftf i saw that pc companion recognize my phone that`s why i am unsure that my bootloader locked or unlocked,i didn`t get what you said in the second method("another check go in conversation app and select share location>current position... if this Fc with the message "service not available" the bootloader it's unlocked")

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
3- Phone > *#*#service#*#* > 1st option > 4th option > "Bootloader unlock allowed" turns into "Bootloader unlocked"

Ryccardo

Nov 12, 2013
Imola
you are a senior member help me,i didn`t get what you tell ,please tell me,my bootloader locked or unlocked ?

Follow the photos, then you'll get to a screen saying "bootloader unlock allowed" or "booloader unlocked"

Attachments

• 1095.png
    1095.png
    226.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 1096.png
    1096.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 1097.png
    1097.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 26

ChikeD

Jun 11, 2013
I did that,It showing "bootloader unlocked:Yes " what does it mean?

Will flashing experimental kernel root my phone ?

SORRY, THIS MY FIRST TIME INSTALLING A ROM ?

Means your bootloader is unlocked.
PC Companion works fine with unlocked bootloader all except updating the formware. It may even begi dowloding the files but won't flash it.