Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,988 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Dead xperia u

Tip us?

sakis k
Old
(Last edited by sakis k; 14th February 2014 at 07:50 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Dead xperia u

Hi guys, i m having an xperia u running ics. it fell from my hands and froze so i took the battery out to restart, since then i cant turn on my phone when i press the power button it just vibrates once an there is backlight on the screen but nothing else not even the sony logo. Sometimes the illumination bar flashes green. i tried everything from removing the battery several times to flashing. the flashing proccess completes with no errors but the problem is still there. Any ideas? i have no custom roms or so only rooted with flashtools...

xperia_hero
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
It seems the screen was broken take it to any nearby center to repair its hardware

Sent from my C6603 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
everyone was/is a NOOB
smash button if I had helped you
smash button if this post doesn't annoyed you
sorry for some english mistakes!!

sakis k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you for your answer, but i m pretty sure that the screen is not damaged maybe motherboard, although i would like to be sure that there is no software problem if possible... from what i have read when the sony logo doesnt appear means that the kernel is dammaged... is there any way to flash xperia u stock kernel first and then flash the firmware? also i had asked sony to give me the code to unlock the bootloader, but i never used it and didnt unlocked it, have i lost my warranty only for asking for the code?

AndroidNoob69
Old
(Last edited by AndroidNoob69; 15th February 2014 at 10:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sakis k View Post
Thank you for your answer, but i m pretty sure that the screen is not damaged maybe motherboard, although i would like to be sure that there is no software problem if possible... from what i have read when the sony logo doesnt appear means that the kernel is dammaged... is there any way to flash xperia u stock kernel first and then flash the firmware? also i had asked sony to give me the code to unlock the bootloader, but i never used it and didnt unlocked it, have i lost my warranty only for asking for the code?
Your warranty is still valid. I suspect your motherboard is damaged. But since u dropped it means warranty is gone

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk

My Work

Remember the BUTTON!
Phones:
Xperia P(White): Paranoid Android 4.43 Stable by percy_g2
Xperia Neo V(Blue): Carbon Rom by vishal_android_freak

sakis k
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNoob69 View Post
Your warranty is still valid. I suspect your motherboard is damaged. But since u dropped it means warranty is gone

Sent from my Xperia P using Tapatalk
Finally, the problem was the screen and the touchpad, they changed both at the service point under warranty, as they had no obvious damage i guess... is this a common problem with st25?