5,597,871 Members 38,565 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Hi - Time to install a better version of android, 4.04 is painfully slow. Help?

Tip us?
 
djdynamite123
Old
#1  
djdynamite123's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default [Q] Hi - Time to install a better version of android, 4.04 is painfully slow. Help?

Hi, my wifes fone has been a joke since updating android from 2.3 I believe it was, resetting it hardly helps. The mobile isn't rooted yet either.
How do i go about installing a better rom? please reply thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to djdynamite123 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Pandemic
Old
#2  
Pandemic's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 10108
Posts: 14,033
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Rebuilded Cybertron By The Autobots

 
DONATE TO ME
Which phone ??
More info please !!!

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk

Pandemic Quote: I Shot ya Between The Eyes, So Call It Eyetunes !


... My Projects & Work ...




 
djdynamite123
Old
(Last edited by djdynamite123; 2nd January 2014 at 11:18 PM.) Reason: oops
#3  
djdynamite123's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandemic View Post
Which phone ??
More info please !!!

Sent from my LT22i using Tapatalk
Whoops what a tool I am, i thought I was in a Experia U only section lol.
It's a: Sony Experia U
Model: ST25i
Android Version: 4.0.4
 
cascabel
Old
#4  
cascabel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 725
Posts: 5,251
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a city in a galaxy far far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdynamite123 View Post
Whoops what a tool I am, i thought I was in a Experia U only section lol.
It's a: Sony Experia U
Model: ST25i
Android Version: 4.0.4
Check this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48632676

It doesn't really cover everything, buy it's what i used to get me started.
 
djdynamite123
Old
(Last edited by djdynamite123; 3rd January 2014 at 10:54 AM.)
#5  
djdynamite123's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by cascabel View Post
Check this out: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=48632676

It doesn't really cover everything, buy it's what i used to get me started.
So you suggest installing CyanogenMod 11.0, is that better than
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270027 ?

Ok so I have checked the mobile and it says bootloader can be unlocked: yes ... I now have an email with my unlock bootloader key.

Is this the suggested rom to use then?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528466
 
cascabel
Old
#6  
cascabel's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 725
Posts: 5,251
Join Date: May 2012
Location: a city in a galaxy far far away
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdynamite123 View Post
So you suggest installing CyanogenMod 11.0, is that better than
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270027 ?

Ok so I have checked the mobile and it says bootloader can be unlocked: yes ... I now have an email with my unlock bootloader key.

Is this the suggested rom to use then?
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2528466
Tbh, i'm new at xperia u. I've had it for the longest time without rooting/unlocking. 4.4 works for me. Sure, i experience bluetooth and video recording issues, but it works for my purposes (stable and fast rom. ART shows noticeable improvements, performance-wise). I'm not saying it's the best choice, just something to get you started.
 
Heitezy
Old
#7  
Heitezy's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 15
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Berdychiv
I think its better to install this. Its better than ICS and bugless.
Or You can install Cyanogenmod 10, if you dont need xperia stuff=) This one is bugless too.
 
Singham101
Old
#8  
Singham101's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 17
Join Date: Sep 2013
Install any of the Stock JB Rom... Stock JB is surely twice better than Stock ICS and its totally bugless
Note: Unlocked bootloader is required

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app
 
djdynamite123
Old
#9  
djdynamite123's Avatar
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jun 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singham101 View Post
Install any of the Stock JB Rom... Stock JB is surely twice better than Stock ICS and its totally bugless
Note: Unlocked bootloader is required

Sent from my ST25i using xda app-developers app
So which would you say me to go for without the wife encountering any bugs?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Android Control Center Becomes Quick Control Panel, Brings Host of New Features

You may recall that back in August of last year, we talked … more

Polish Your Custom Themes with Theme Debugger

Creating a custom Android theme from scratch can be quite the laborious task. In addition to … more

Clean Up Your Logcat Code with Lib Cleaner

Some of you may think that writing code is the hardest part of development. It’s not, as the … more

Tweak Your Xperia Device’s Camera App Yourself

We’ve come to expect nearly perfect cameraperformancein our modern day … more