4th March 2014, 07:01 PM   |  #11  
Flag Jagodina
Thanks Meter: 376

316 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewasth

It won't work. If you want just to extract use flashtool. Unpacking with 7-zip will destroy symlinks and packing again will never work. To use flashtool rename boot.img to boot.elf. Choose Tools>Extractors>Elf and choose your boot.elf file you renamed previously. Then press dump and close. It should be in the same folder with the boot.elf file. (boot.elf was always a renamed boot.img file ) BTW wrong section

I said that to OP and he gave me links to his zImage and image.
I don't possess great knowledge concerning android, but I wan't to help if someone is stuck, give instructions, etc. But to do someone else's work, well...

The Following User Says Thank You to evildev For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 07:14 PM   |  #12  
Flag Salamanca (Spain)
Thanks Meter: 804

818 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewasth

It won't work. If you want just to extract use flashtool. Unpacking with 7-zip will destroy symlinks and packing again will never work. To use flashtool rename boot.img to boot.elf. Choose Tools>Extractors>Elf and choose your boot.elf file you renamed previously. Then press dump and close. It should be in the same folder with the boot.elf file. (boot.elf was always a renamed boot.img file ) BTW wrong section

I'm pretty sure that championswimmer's tool works, because I used it just a week ago to extract a kernel and it worked like a charm
However, Flashtool method is OK too
4th March 2014, 07:27 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter: 4,585

2,289 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia98

I'm pretty sure that championswimmer's tool works, because I used it just a week ago to extract a kernel and it worked like a charm
However, Flashtool method is OK too

Nah, it doesn't. But we can use 7z e kernel.elf and then extract ramdisk from champ's kernel kitchen so it'll not break the symlinks.

Cheers,
AJ
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread