Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,823 Members 51,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to put stock sony fw back on phone

Tip us?

DP4
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 46
Default How to put stock sony fw back on phone

I think/hope this might be an easy question.

I have an xperia S that has bootloader unlocked and currently running a custom rom. In the next few weeks I may be swapping the phone with a family member. How would I go about getting the phone back on stock Sony firmware. I am not bothered about relocking the bootloader but I want to be able to put stock sony fw back on the phone so that they would be able to update the phone officially via sony pc companion.

it's a bit as I can flash roms /kernels and unlock bootloaders on these things but have now idea how to get it back to stock

cheers

Felimenta97
Old
Thanks Meter 2302
Quote:
Originally Posted by DP4 View Post
I think/hope this might be an easy question.

I have an xperia S that has bootloader unlocked and currently running a custom rom. In the next few weeks I may be swapping the phone with a family member. How would I go about getting the phone back on stock Sony firmware. I am not bothered about relocking the bootloader but I want to be able to put stock sony fw back on the phone so that they would be able to update the phone officially via sony pc companion.

it's a bit as I can flash roms /kernels and unlock bootloaders on these things but have now idea how to get it back to stock

cheers
You can reflash the stock ROM with flashtool. In order to get updates via PC Companion again, you need to relock your bootloader.

The Following User Says Thank You to Felimenta97 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]