Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

How to update android version into Jelly Bean in Xperia U

OP Shichiro

12th January 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Here's the details of my phone.

Model Number: ST25i
Android Version: 4.0.4 (Ice cream sandwich)
Baseband version: u8500-49020908
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+ BuildUser@BuildHost #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 14:57:07 2012
Build Number: 6.1.1.B.1.54

I'm newbie so I need a step by step tutorial. Including working download links etc.

If you still need something, feel free to post here in my thread or PM me boss.

I appreciate your help. Please!

Thanks!
12th January 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 128
 
387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichiro

Here's the details of my phone.

Model Number: ST25i
Android Version: 4.0.4 (Ice cream sandwich)
Baseband version: u8500-49020908
Kernel Version: 3.0.8+ BuildUser@BuildHost #1 SMP PREEMPT Mon Oct 15 14:57:07 2012
Build Number: 6.1.1.B.1.54

I'm newbie so I need a step by step tutorial. Including working download links etc.

If you still need something, feel free to post here in my thread or PM me boss.

I appreciate your help. Please!

Thanks!

1st thing u have unlock boot loader
And flash stock jb rom
Look at this form their is a complete guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270027
Last edited by bharathbondfire; 12th January 2014 at 12:53 PM.
13th January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathbondfire

1st thing u have unlock boot loader
And flash stock jb rom
Look at this form their is a complete guide
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2270027

I can't make that one work. After flashing kernel, it's not booting into the phone now. Just the logo and after that It's all black.

Any video on how to make that work?
Or can you teach me here? I don't really know if i'll extract it or not. That's why I need a step by step process

Thank you!
13th January 2014, 10:48 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichiro

I can't make that one work. After flashing kernel, it's not booting into the phone now. Just the logo and after that It's all black.

Any video on how to make that work?
Or can you teach me here? I don't really know if i'll extract it or not. That's why I need a step by step process

Thank you!

There was a step before flashing the kernel, did you skip it?
14th January 2014, 09:02 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

There was a step before flashing the kernel, did you skip it?

The author said to "flash kernel"

Quote:

Instructions:
Flash kernel Experimental v11c[JB 4.1.2] WITH FASTBOOT
Boot to recovery
Do full wipe (factory data reset)
Flash ST25i_6.2.A.1.100_unofficial.zip.
If you wipe later ILLUMINATION WILL NOT WORK!
Reboot to system
If it boots wait for SHUT DOWN button and turn off device
Turn on again, second boot will take a bit longer JUST WAIT
Everithing should work now.

I did as what he said. Did I skip something?
14th January 2014, 04:10 PM   |  #6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichiro

The author said to "flash kernel"

I was referring to what @bharathbondfire said

[/quote]I did as what he said. Did I skip something?[/QUOTE]
Well, you obviousely did. Custom kernels are only possible to flash if the bootloader is unlocked.
15th January 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

I was referring to what @bharathbondfire said

I did as what he said. Did I skip something?[QUOTE]
Well, you obviousely did. Custom kernels are only possible to flash if the bootloader is unlocked.
Uhm. My bootloader is already unlocked sir. But incase it still is locked, how do I know if it's locked or unlocked?
I already know how to unlock it but how to know if it's locked or unlocked?
15th January 2014, 05:01 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 469
 
1,623 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2013
More
[QUOTE=Shichiro;49445328]I did as what he said. Did I skip something?
Quote:

Well, you obviousely did. Custom kernels are only possible to flash if the bootloader is unlocked.
Uhm. My bootloader is already unlocked sir. But incase it still is locked, how do I know if it's locked or unlocked?
I already know how to unlock it but how to know if it's locked or unlocked?

How can you know how to unlock if you don't know how to check if it's locked.
in dialer type *#*#7378432#*#*, click service info, click configuration.
If rooting status is "bootloader unlocked: yes", it is locked, if it's "bootloader unlock allowed: yes(or no)" then it's not.
15th January 2014, 09:39 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
[QUOTE=ChikeD;49446046]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shichiro

I did as what he said. Did I skip something?

How can you know how to unlock if you don't know how to check if it's locked.
in dialer type *#*#7378432#*#*, click service info, click configuration.
If rooting status is "bootloader unlocked: yes", it is locked, if it's "bootloader unlock allowed: yes(or no)" then it's not.

Not because I know how to unlock it means that I know how to check if it's locked or not.

I simply followed the steps here - http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...om/td-p/223263 few days ago.
19th January 2014, 07:05 PM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Flag bangalore
Thanks Meter: 128
 
387 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2013
More
Post
[QUOTE=Shichiro;49450713]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChikeD

Not because I know how to unlock it means that I know how to check if it's locked or not.

I simply followed the steps here - http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia...om/td-p/223263 few days ago.

Have u updated ur phone to jellybean
if not,ask any required help

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes