Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,464 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Kernel with OTG

Tip us?

FurryTauren
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Storage Kernel with OTG

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me whether there is a kernel that I could flash on my Xperia p that supports OTG. So far I have rooted it, got rid of all the unneeded pre-installed stuff and installed a recovery, I haven`t unlocked the boot loader but I would do it if this will allow me to connect my phone to my car stereo after installing the appropriate rom/kernel.

Also do you guys know if I could connect a wireless keyboard and a charger and maybe a USB drive at the same time if I got the appropriate cable? Like this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-...745460376.html

Thx
Xperia P Rooted

Meloferz
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I tried OTG with CM11 and I connected a keyboard and mouse with a hub cable OTG and works good, same with a pendrive, about connecting to your car stereo, A2DP is still bug on CM, maybe it will be fix soon

Enviado desde mi D5503 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

Also tried with Nemesis kernel + stock ROM and works perfectly and there's no bugs

Enviado desde mi Z1 Compact
Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
Kernel: Stock
ROM: Stock 4.4.4

Sony Xperia P
Kernel: Nemesis 6.3
ROM: Stock 4.1.2
The Following User Says Thank You to Meloferz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lapuckire
Old
Thanks Meter 77
Every ROM for our phones should support OTG . But if you want to read NTFS formated flashdisk,for example, then the ROM has to support it or you have to use scripts/apps to add support.

Sent from my Xperia Sola using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to lapuckire For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

FurryTauren
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thx guys, it is never simple with android and the greedy phone makers is it? Why don`t they just make things function properly? Instead they just limit and remove previously available features. Oh well I am not going to spend another 10 hours of my life trying to get my stereo to recognise my phone memory
I remember I had no problem there with my x8 running android 1.6 or something... Why oh why
Xperia P Rooted