[Q] Multiple issues on Xperia U CM 10

Tip us?

simensimen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Multiple issues on Xperia U CM 10

Hello everyone,

First of all, I'd like to thank you all for the help you've already given me (unknowingly). I have been using this forum a lot the past few days, as well as checking out multiple YouTube videos. These all helped me out tremendously in the adventure I undertook in order to boost the performance of my phone.

I've already encountered numerous issues with my phone in the process and like most beginners, I've also had a few moments where I thought "Okay, it finally happened - it's dead". However, I somehow managed to revive it time after time. Don't worry though - this is not a thread where I claim my phone to be bricked. But I do have a few questions which most of you have probably already answered here and there. If that's the case, I truly apologize. Please know that I tried hard to find all the answers myself, but that I have reached a dead end.

-----

Yesterday, I finally installed CM 10 on my Xperia U. Why? Because I did not quite like the Sony UI and my phone was seriously under-performing battery-wise. Next to that, I really seemed to like the stock android interface (at least from afar). Hence, I downloaded the FXP CM10 from the official FXP website (cm-10-20131224-FXP-kumquat.zip). I must say that the functionality of this ROM is way better than Sony's original UI. The options you have for setting up the device, the way you can respond to incoming messages (read, quick reply, ...), the widget for messaging, etc. It would've been perfect even, if not for these issues:

1. The camera is inverted. Very strange, as I read that people were complaining about the time it takes to start up the camera app, but not that the camera was inverted. I thought that that issue was fixed, but apparently not.
2. I cannot seem to change the layout of the keyboard - an issue with which I am willing to live.
3. I can't add a corporate account. When I set up my mail account, it works like a charm. However, when I want to link an account to import my contacts, it claims that it can't connect to the server. On the internet I found out that you have to set the server to m.google.com - but then it says I don't have permission to sync with this server. I do not have Gapps (Google Apps) installed, could that be the reason?
4. Yesterday, my phone didn't want to unlock on two occasions - it just didn't respond. However, today I haven't had any issues so no problem for me.

Now maybe all of this can be fixed rapidly. You see, before I installed CM 10, I actually wanted to install the FXP 216 CM 9. According to Mark Sohan (YouTube account), this was the most stable ROM for an Xperia U. However, I can't seem to get my hands on it. I can't find it on the FXP site either (no longer supported?).

So my first question would be: Where can I download CM9 Kumquat (FXP 216)?

My second question would be: is it possible to fix issue 1 and 3? If so, how?

And if you would no longer advice CM 9, which one would you advice? Where can I find a (stock) ROM which works perfectly well with my Xperia U? Please note that I am looking for a stable (FXP) ROM, not necessarily the most recent one. As long as it's stable and offers the same functionality as CM 10, I'd be more than happy!

Information about the installation, might be useful:
I flashed the Sony stock ROM (.54)
In fastboot mode, I installed the boot.img from the Kumquat file using Flashtool.
Booted the phone, went in CWM and cleared the data/cache/something else - forgot name - might have also done a factory reset and then installed the zip file from the "SD card".

My phone is rooted, unlocked and has CWM.

Thank you all a lot in advance. Hopefully these issues can be solved, so that I can fully enjoy this ROM.

Kind regards,
Simen

Kobalto07
Old
(Last edited by Kobalto07; 26th December 2013 at 05:44 PM.)
Thanks Meter 83
@simensimen

FXP 216 is not found, according to this statement, focused on improving everything in CM 9

Quote:
This build is nearly complete and should make it into the 9.0 final release on time.
Enjoy!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1876927
seems FXPCM 9 to be the best for you

Based on FXP CM 9

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2133724

for solve some you problems
  1. 1.use this.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Na'onak View Post
    Here is a fix for reverse camera bug:

| Download Link: http://d-h.st/f1X
    | Just flash zip via recovery
    | Big thanks to @percy_g2
  2. try install other keyboad (googke keyboard mayby)

Google keyboard
  3. only developers can fix it
from what I've read FXP 10 has several errors, and there has been no development on that, it is best that you move to another ROM, but you have to open your mind and not only we want FXP, because there are good ROM Developer.

I recommend this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2414390
The Following User Says Thank You to Kobalto07 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

simensimen
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer.

The first link you refer to, is one that I already knew. The links go to the FXP download page and the one for CM 9 Kumquat is not available.

I had just found that link for the camera fix myself as well and it worked. That's great. However, to me, the biggest issue is 3.

Can you tell me if none of my issues exist in the ROM that you recommend? If so, I'll install it straight away!

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Simen

Kobalto07
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by simensimen View Post
Hello,

The first link you refer to, is one that I already knew. The links go to the FXP download page and the one for CM 9 Kumquat is not available.

I had just found that link for the camera fix myself as well and it worked. That's great. However, to me, the biggest issue is 3.

Can you tell me if none of my issues exist in the ROM that you recommend? If so, I'll install it straight away!

Thanks again!

Kind regards,
Simen
is a pleasure to help colleague

I've never had to use corporate accounts, so I have an answer to that, so I can say you that it is very stable, everything works fine when I had installed had great performance for me, I had no problems syncing my emails normal.

Enviado desde mi Xperia U mediante Tapatalk

Harshvijay Nirwan
Old
Thanks Meter 11
[QUOTE=simensimen;48845623]Hello,

Thanks again!

Try out slimbean rom based on cm9. It is much more stable and functional.