MultiROM Makes its Way Over to the HTC One (M8)

While browsing our forum, you will undoubtedly find more than a few enticing ROMs available … more

Welcome to the New XDA-Developers Portal!

You may recall that a few weeks ago, we opened up the XDA-2015 forum themesto intrepid users … more

An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” smartphones. … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more
Post Reply

[Q] Nandroid backup to USB OTG

14th February 2014, 04:24 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Is it possible to use CWM to take an nandroid backup on my pendrive?

I'm using xperia U and I don't have much place on internal storage.

I'm using DevSwift's Jellybean rom with experimental kernel 11.0c
14th February 2014, 05:08 PM   |  #2  
waqar89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 14
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
You have actually raised my questions?
I was about to ask here?

Sent from my Sony Xperia smartphone.
Rooted - CWM 6
14th February 2014, 05:21 PM   |  #3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Yes you can do it with cwm.

Connect your pendrive (mount it if it doesn't mount automatically) and select it for the backup. (e.g for xperia p was /storage/usbdisk)
14th February 2014, 05:59 PM   |  #4  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikitsan

Yes you can do it with cwm.

Connect your pendrive (mount it if it doesn't mount automatically) and select it for the backup. (e.g for xperia p was /storage/usbdisk)

Could you please explain the steps? that would be very helpful
14th February 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #5  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
My device is xperia p with cwm v6.0.4.7

- Boot to recovery,
- Connect your flash drive (if it doesn't mount automatically go to Mounts and Storage and select Mount USB storage)
- Then go to Backup and Restore option and select backup to /storage/usbdisk (which is your flash drive)

That's it.Wait till the backup ends and reboot your device.

If you want to restore the backup follow the same steps but in step 3 select:

- restore from /storage/usbdisk or
- advanced restore from /storage/usbdisk
14th February 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 2
 
65 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikitsan

My device is xperia p with cwm v6.0.4.7

- Boot to recovery,
- Connect your flash drive (if it doesn't mount automatically go to Mounts and Storage and select Mount USB storage)
- Then go to Backup and Restore option and select backup to /storage/usbdisk (which is your flash drive)

That's it.Wait till the backup ends and reboot your device.

If you want to restore the backup follow the same steps but in step 3 select:

- restore from /storage/usbdisk or
- advanced restore from /storage/usbdisk

I have a cwm 6.0.3.6 does that matter? Where can I find the latest version? THank you
14th February 2014, 09:40 PM   |  #7  
waqar89's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Karachi
Thanks Meter: 14
 
107 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu90

I have a cwm 6.0.3.6 does that matter? Where can I find the latest version? THank you

Ask here http://forum.xda-developers.com/xper...ocked-t2020895
14th February 2014, 10:37 PM   |  #8  
Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
50 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Connect your flash drive and see if it works !!
If it doesn't just install another cwm for your phone. :)

The Following User Says Thank You to pikitsan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes